Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:57:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [IDEA] Self-Financing Bitcoin Advertising System  (Read 911 times)
knight22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:43:12 PM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 12:42:02 AM by knight22

I want to launch a non-profit project which I think will be a powerful tool to increase bitcoin awareness among general public around the world. It will be a self-financing advertising program via different media outlet (mainly facebook campaign and/or any other effective outlet chosen by the community with a voting system). The idea is pretty simple, it will works like a tombola style system. I just need people with coding skills to implement it which I think will be fairly easy.  

Here how it will works:

- A website where people can send bitcoins on a specified address
- Each weeks, the system will send back automatically the bitcoins to the winners.
- As example: Each 0.001 bitcoin received to the address represent 1 chance of winning
- Winners can be divided such as (as exemple)
      - 1 grand prise of 10% of the Jackpot
      - 2 prises of 5%
      - 4 prises of 2.5%
- 70% of the jackpot will then be available for advertising bitcoin! (Those numbers will be optimized to attract as much participants as possible)
- An advertising campaign will then be launched to advertise bitcoin in general. (i.e. bitcoin.org, bitcoin logo or any other non-profit bitcoin resources, general public oriented    chosen by the community)

I want this project to be 100% open source, transparent and community driven. Each advertising campaign will be reported on the website with results using  google analytics and/or other measurement tools. I will be more than pleased to manage the advertising campaigns but if people don’t trust me enough, I don’t mind if any other more trusted members to take care of it.

The beauty of this is that there is no MIN-MAX amount of money to works. We can pay a facebook campaign with as less as 5$ and if this project works big, we can even think of advertising bitcoin on newspapers, highway advertising signs, TV, etc all over the world (decided by the community with a voting system)

Right now all I need is someone to:
- Setup  a website
- Graphic designs
- Coding the automated and open source tombola system
- Me (or someone else) managing the advertising campaigns

Here is an example of the audience we can reach with a facebook campaign:

PM me if you have the skills above and willing to participate and I will give you all the details needed to put this together.

Of course, don't hesitate if you have any suggestions / ideas / comments / concerns

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jumpy

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:14:46 AM

I think that implementing a quasi-gambling element to this project is counter-productive.

A huge portion of the Bitcoin economy is predicated on gambling and that's not really the part of the community that we need to support/advertise. For those that just want to donate to the project, it simply makes those donations less effective by 30%. For those that want to join for the gambling aspect, they are just choosing really horrible odds.

Bitcoiners shouldn't need gambling as a carrot to dangle for furthering our economy/community.

PM me if you want to advertise on this signature.
knight22 (OP)
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:24:49 AM

I think that implementing a quasi-gambling element to this project is counter-productive.

A huge portion of the Bitcoin economy is predicated on gambling and that's not really the part of the community that we need to support/advertise. For those that just want to donate to the project, it simply makes those donations less effective by 30%. For those that want to join for the gambling aspect, they are just choosing really horrible odds.

Bitcoiners shouldn't need gambling as a carrot to dangle for furthering our economy/community.

Only donation will not be enough do to something significant and the odds I gave was just an example. We just have to use a good odds / profit ratio to make this viable.
Also, people who's gonna see the adds won't know where the financing came from and this is irrelevant for them.
As I see it,  we need too exploit the actual most lucrative bitcoin enterprise to pump people into the bitcoin economy.  

knight22 (OP)
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:38:35 AM

A huge portion of the Bitcoin economy is predicated on gambling and that's not really the part of the community that we need to support/advertise.

The money raised will not be used to advertise any gambling site but site more like (as example):

http://bitcoin.org/
https://www.udemy.com/bitcoin-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-crypto/
https://www.khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain/core-finance/money-and-banking/bitcoin/v/bitcoin-what-is-it

Jumpy

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:40:41 AM

I understood that you aren't advertising the gambling. I just don't think you need to gamify this to make it viable. Just get donations from bitcoiners that care about the community rather than the gamblers.

knight22 (OP)
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:50:57 AM

I understood that you aren't advertising the gambling. I just don't think you need to gamify this to make it viable. Just get donations from bitcoiners that care about the community rather than the gamblers.

Why not take the advantage of both?

Jumpy

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:56:43 AM

As I mentioned above, it dilutes the effectiveness of donations while not appealing to intelligent gamblers.

knight22 (OP)
Legendary

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:50:24 PM

As I mentioned above, it dilutes the effectiveness of donations while not appealing to intelligent gamblers.

I will make a try, but I'm pretty sure people won't donate any significant amount. The goal here is to raise founds and donations is not an efficient way to do it IMO. Some people will donate once and then no more...

AZIZ1977

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:59:54 PM

Nice project.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:12:00 PM