Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:28:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Only one coin is going UP today on TOP100 Coinmarketcap  (Read 201 times)
dmngdsm (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 09:32:17 AM

Wow, checked Coinmarketcap today and everything in TOP100 is in red...

...besides one single coin I've frankly never heard about  before:

Waltonchain.

For my really quick scan over their website I saw that it's something IoT-related.

Anyway I thought it was funny to share and I'm curious what the reason might be for this coin's moment of fame.

What do you think? Smiley

Crypto Marketing Advisor
goyald2801

Activity: 252
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 09:51:07 AM

whenever i hear waltonchain , i remember that PR Tweet by their own account .  Grin
btw any specific reason for pump ?
Julen

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:03:52 AM

One of their subsidiaries partnered with Alibaba.  That and the fact it's recovering from that twitter fiasco i'd say, i think in Asia people tend to be more forgiving about such things.  Solid project with a lot of partnerships no matter what.

https://medium.com/@Waltonchain_EN/smart-city-founders-alibaba-cloud-waltonchain-subsidiary-zhongchuan-iot-sign-strategic-97ccc27ce7bf
babygun

Activity: 2100
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:06:08 AM

One of their subsidiaries partnered with Alibaba.  That and the fact it's recovering from that twitter fiasco i'd say, i think in Asia people tend to be more forgiving about such things.  Solid project with a lot of partnerships no matter what.

https://medium.com/@Waltonchain_EN/smart-city-founders-alibaba-cloud-waltonchain-subsidiary-zhongchuan-iot-sign-strategic-97ccc27ce7bf

Why would Alibaba want to work together with a project that has nothing proven yet? Makes not really sense to me.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
sweetbet

Activity: 961
Merit: 110

SweetBet.com

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:17:17 AM

Two other coins were also significantly up today

Iconomi (ICN) up 30.91%
Nexus (NXS) up 18.59%

Julen

Activity: 71

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:24:12 AM

Why would Alibaba want to work together with a project that has nothing proven yet? Makes not really sense to me.

Because there is a ton of choices for companies with a proven trackreckord in blockchain applications at the moment??

I suggest you read the article, even though it does not explain the choice for Walton.

Despite that tremendous twitter fuckup, Walton is one of the most promising projects imo with a ton of real life usecases (and not just money transfering).  And no, i am currently not invested in it anymore, i sold out at ATH , was hoping it would dip more last week as i've been wanting to re-enter.
Johnny134

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:36:34 AM

Probably will be in the red a couple more days due to the 15th of march China fud. The perfect time to buy is when there's blood on the streets, right ? Wink
dmngdsm (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 4

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:51:41 AM

Probably will be in the red a couple more days due to the 15th of march China fud. The perfect time to buy is when there's blood on the streets, right ? Wink

Agree. In general why do you think is this "all-red-tendency" happening right now?

Crypto Marketing Advisor
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:25:52 AM

i thin you need to check the "lists" on coinmarketcap or any other place more often and check all of them not just some top_somenumber list of coins and you will see that this is happening every single day with at least 6-10 different altcoins and that is how real altcoin traders make money not by bag holding and praying Cheesy

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:40:13 AM

Yeah current market is somewhat suspicious looks like bearish manipulation by big whales, the market should move up now as we have seen very good correction already for past 2-3 months.

LogitechMouse
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1036

Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 01:39:50 PM

When the sea is red, this happens anytime one or two of the top 100 coins remain in green. Maybe WTC has some good news that have been spread and that is the reason why it is still at green. There are some times too that when the market is bleeding, ALL of the top 100 coins in the coinmarketcap turns into red.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
JetSet11

Activity: 112
Merit: 23

"Get Paid to Play your Media on Current"

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:46:49 PM

Wow, checked Coinmarketcap today and everything in TOP100 is in red...

...besides one single coin I've frankly never heard about  before:

Waltonchain.

For my really quick scan over their website I saw that it's something IoT-related.

Anyway I thought it was funny to share and I'm curious what the reason might be for this coin's moment of fame.

I thought that Tether would be the only coin going up today. lol. But, Waltonchain does have an announced partnership with Alibaba, so I supposed that it's unusual growth is due to good reasons.

altcointalk14

Activity: 751
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:53:17 PM

Waltonchain is generally a very good coin with solid team and support. But it is green because started working with alibaba and regains his condition after twitter fiasco
BroganBloodstone

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:56:52 PM

whenever i hear waltonchain , i remember that PR Tweet by their own account .  Grin
btw any specific reason for pump ?

Haha. Same here. Hard to take them seriously after that!
Ai7xpressTV

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:01:57 PM

I dont know why Walton is going to pump today.. I it really hard to see the most coins dumping like hell in the last time. But I think it is also a good chance for new Altcoins believers to buy in now!
aintnopassincraze

Activity: 233
Merit: 106

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:32:53 PM

Arbitrary probably, either that or the WaltonChain people haven't realized there was a dump and will dump tomorrow. Oh and it could be because of the giveaway disaster, as Walton still seems to be reeling from that.

xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:48:30 PM

No, waltonchain is also in red. Only ZClassic is green now. But it is not in the top 100.
Johnny134

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:50:22 PM

Agree. In general why do you think is this "all-red-tendency" happening right now?

This tends to happen a lot if you look at small timeframe charts, and think about crypto on a short term. Nothing to worry about.

If you look at BTC chart with a 1day time setting, you're going to see a big green candle. ( don't forget that about 7 - 8 months ago btc was 2k, it went to 20k, now it's 10k . That's still a 5x since summer ).

Best regards !
CarltonWyatt

Activity: 74

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:53:04 PM

Waltoncoin is a great company. As far as I am aware they are a Chinese company operating in the supply chain sector utilising the blockchain. I think Vechain also do the same along with another that slips my mind. As for why it went up today I just done a quick check and it looks like they had some news out regarding a user give away.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: