Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:55:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to identify scam ICOs  (Read 178 times)
captin crunch (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:32:13 AM

Very often on this forum newbies ask how to identify scams, so there is blog on the topic, there are main points which should be interesting to read:

https://icoguide.com/en/blog/how-to-identify-scam-icos

Add your opinions also.

Pasadoble

Activity: 336
Merit: 7

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:04:02 AM

Yes good article, main points are underlined about icos, very often whitepapers are very general and are not providing sufficient info, and often they are copy pasted.
hazznel

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:05:34 AM

Usually, a simple google search regarding the ICO, will help you find out if it's scam or not. Just google "[ICO NAME] scam" and there will be either no result or you will find out the ICO is actually scam.
Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:22:49 AM

Usually, a simple google search regarding the ICO, will help you find out if it's scam or not. Just google "[ICO NAME] scam" and there will be either no result or you will find out the ICO is actually scam.

Yes but sometimes, there are some ICO that are not identified as scams by google, but they are. So I think it is better to make some deep research if you are going to invest.
goku21

Activity: 336
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:25:29 AM

when I know the ico's legit or scam are the supporters only small and if their project information is slow and does not know who founders and co founders and if others do not know or are pretty familiar ico their project
macit800

Activity: 322
Merit: 40

“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 11:43:38 AM

It are good point. What I mostly do is search for the image in Google. Sometimes I see the image on stock websites like Pixabay. To avert it the ICOs choose to edit the image and change it as example from colored to black-white. That is for me one of the things what is suspected by researching an ICO.

nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:49:52 AM

Very often on this forum newbies ask how to identify scams, so there is blog on the topic, there are main points which should be interesting to read:

Add your opinions also.

Is that your blog? I hope you can copy and paste the contents of that article here so we dont have to leave the site or open another window to read the article, just dont forget to give credits to who ever created that blog if its not you.

How to protect your self from being scammed by those fly by night ICO? If you ahve no time in researching about the ICO and who is behind it, try to follow those whon are posting reviews about ICOs but dont just follow 1 person, its like going to another doctor to seek medical attention, ask for a second opinion from another Peron who are very much active in participating in ICOs.
bangkecol

Activity: 784
Merit: 314

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:59:17 AM

many ways to see how far ico is practically a scam, I think the most important thing from the track record of the team that is part of the project being done.

then the next one we can see the track record Roadmap, whether it is in accordance with the work done now or before, and the next most important thing, the corporate office, it is also important to know before participating in ico.
Rahman11

Activity: 1428
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:03:52 PM

Informative and useful artical for newcomers. which person wants to know absolute information about this kinds of questions. I also suggest any person who wants to join with a ico firstly research about that and see which persons promoted it read whitepaper very carefully read their roadmap.
PottoBit

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:05:43 PM

1) Soft/Hard CAP not well defined

2) a simple smart contract without any specific content

3) Cloud Mining = Scam

4) sale of the ICO outside the smart contract in a centralized system

5) Fake team member
horaca

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:07:41 PM

i am a developer, so i can figure out by investigating their the websites. and make some queries about domain address and servers.
Drogean

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

"The future of advertisement intelligence"

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:57:26 PM

For me the main scam marks are big bonuses during ico. Anything over 30% looks very suspicious to me and i would not take a part.
 other bad sing:
 unknown team members without linkedin accounts
 lack of trustworthy advisors
 no telegram support

▄█▀▀▀▀▀ ● ◯ SaTT - The Revolution of Advertising Transactions ◯ ● ▀▀▀▀▀█▄
●███    Website | Ann Thread | Whitepaper | Facebook | Twitter | Telegram    ███●
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   PRE-SALE COMPLETED IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS!   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
aliman00

Activity: 169
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:01:39 PM

Yeah I like this method as well Smiley it gives you at least some pointers why someone think its a scam and if its discussion forums then you may get answers from someone that dont think it's a scam.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
MISS_nSTASSY

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

Vena.Network

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 01:38:37 PM

Not always, but very very often ICOs became fraud only once, and totally Grin So it can be hard to identify some scam before it turns out scam, thats the point.
And sometimes google cant help with this decision. Thats why all of us need to make their own research. We cant get clear market until people stop investing scam projects.

‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       WhitePaper       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Vena Network       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾       Announce       ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
―――――       Luoshu Agreement - an Open Agreement For Asset Financing and Tokenization       ―――――
‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾      Telegram    ‾‾    Github    ‾‾         Join Our Bounty         ‾‾    Twitter    ‾‾    FaceBook      ‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾‾
Teraboy

Activity: 2282
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:15:45 PM

Add your opinions also.

You are forgetting to check the smartcontract code. Try to take any feedback from the community and i think that the community will give a lot of opinion regarding the ico and you can take one that was having high accuracy.
I have seen some people are getting a huge clue about the possibility of scam project from others are doing
mapanlah

Activity: 228

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:40:27 PM

usually ico who will scam it is difficult to be contacted by its investors with such a lot of things that will make big losses in an investor and the display on the project website are many elements of fraud.
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 02:44:02 PM

You can see it through whitepaper and some of the teams social media account if they really exist. Don't be fooled even though the ANN thread is colorful but it is full of lies. Some have some fake advisers that could convince naive investors. Find some ICOs that have a feature in ICO reviews to see its authenticity.
condura150

Activity: 244
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:14:27 PM

Add your opinions also.

Reading the whitepapers is the best thing to do to be able to know if an ICO is legit or a scam. Do research on the development team as stated on the article. Checking the addresses and e-mails is also a good thing to do. Also try to contact them, visit their website, email them if you have further questions regarding the ICO and their project for you to have more idea about what you're investing on.
selenophile

Activity: 244

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:23:10 PM

Add your opinions also.

actually its easy to identify if the ICO turns to be scam or not. just look at the team member of the project. and read their whitepapers. If its look suspicious then its likely a scam.

espellogo7

Activity: 229

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:33:38 PM

Just search in google regarding the ICO it will helps to find out if its scam or not..
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: