Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 03:58:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [BOUNTY] Colored Coins Development T-Shirt Fundraiser  (Read 1592 times)
chsados (OP)

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:33:13 AM

Repost from a reddit thread:

After the recent Bitfunder news it has become quite clear that central exchanges are not viable.

The whole concept of central security exchanges is counter intuitive to the bitcoin philosophy entirely.

COLORED COINS
is the answer. The closest thing to any implementation I have found is BITCOINX.

So how can those of us who are not programmers help? I propose we start a bounty campaign. Instead of just asking for donations I think a better way to gather funding for a development team would be through a tshirt sale such as TEESPRING.

All profit can go towards funding a bounty to a dev team.

Is there any interest in this? A shirt should be created that does not only cater to those interested in bitcoin denominated securities but rather bitcoin as a whole in order to garner wider support. Perhaps something related to DPR - or perhaps a very nicely designed general bitcoin shirt?

I am willing to invest $300 towards T-Shirts right now and start directly selling shirts for BTC if there is enough interest. I direly need help with a graphics designer for the design.

I did a quick run through teespring with a sample image and for a high quality shirt - selling 100 shirts @ $25 would profit $1.400.

Thoughts?

You can read more about colored coins from COINDESK

If you want to donate now to the BitcoinX team here is there DONATION PAGE

BitcoinX Dev Team: you guys frequent here?  How far along are you and how can non-programmers help?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
knybe

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:11:57 AM

I am willing to donate, how far along is this possibility?
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 01:34:34 AM

I run a silkscreen printing studio; let me print your shirts, not teespring!

PM me and we can discuss prices, shirt quality, etc.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:21:41 AM

I am willing to donate, how far along is this possibility?

Two weeks(tm).

Chromia: a better dapp platform
Technologov

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:27:51 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2013, 11:59:53 AM by Technologov

Colored Coins - I know it.

But how do we interface it with actual exchanges ? (Bitfunder and friends...)
What is the team's goal ? Any roadmap ?
Sou

Activity: 210

(Bitcoin related text here)

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:33:37 AM

There won't be a need for exchanges. As i understand it, that is the point. Trades will be made in clients - i think.
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:51:14 AM

There won't be a need for exchanges. As i understand it, that is the point. Trades will be made in clients - i think.

Trades can be made in clients, but there needs to be a master list somewhere that says "this coin represents a share in this company". 

That can either be on the company's site or on an exchange site (or both).

This thread on reddit has a decent discussion of how it would work

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1n6xzo/colored_coins_decentralized_exchange_we_need/ccfzwql
hak8or

Activity: 172

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 07:11:16 PM

I am having difficulty finding any github page or similar for colored coins, anyone point me to the right place?
killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:29:54 PM

There are several projects in  various stages of incompleteness.

Here: https://github.com/bitcoinx

Are you looking for something specific?

Chromia: a better dapp platform
chsados (OP)

Activity: 662
Merit: 545

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:13:03 AM

killerstorm

OK, a bit of history: There were several implementation attempts by different people, but (as far as I know) the only one which has decentralized market as a goal is called BitcoinX. It is like the mainstream of colored coins.

People who started it wanted to create an organization of some sort, but it didn't work very well, and basically I was the only permanent team member.

So I worked on it on and off for about a year. (Since September of 2012, when I made the first prototype.)

Until July of 2013 I treated it like a gig, but then I noticed that BitcoinX isn't going anywhere (lead developer of WebcoinX which was supposed to take over development sort of disappeared), but there is a demand for this technology, but nobody is doing it right.

So since July it is, like, my main occupation.

Still, progress have been slower than I expected: I wasn't able to recruit more people, and I had to split my attention between two projects: WebcoinX and NGCCC.

(In retrospect, I should have focused on NGCCC. My hope was that we can quickly make a WebcoinX demo which will help to popularize colored coins, but it looks like colored coins need a robust implementation more than they need popularization. On the other hand, I previously had some bad experience with ArmoryX.)

So the currently status: we are working on it, it is slower than expected, but there is hope that something will be available this month.

Also, as I mentioned elsewhere, sponsors are willing to provide 200 BTC to fund development, so that's not a problem.

More details about status:

I've recently written an article about the theory of colored coins, it summarizes how it works on the low level, but with a dry language. I also plan to write an article about practical aspects of it, like color definitions/asset definitions, trade, issuance and so on. Meanwhile, all this information is available in bitcoinX group archives, but you have to dig to find it.

NGCCC: We have coloredcoinlib and CCoinDemo prototype, but this prototype isn't adequate, and I'm currently designing a new core. You can see preview here. Working version will be available in a couple of days.

WebcoinX: The plan was to implement a demo first, and to improve it to make it work on mainnet second. Demo is almost complete, but there was no development in last couple of weeks. [url-https://trello.com/b/n4qoNDDI/webcoinx]Here's TODO list[/url]
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: