Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:49:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The english language improvement thread  (Read 13001 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fernandoaleixo

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 07:05:37 PM

Thanks for bumping this. I backed away from maintaining this thread because it was going odd topic. It was intended to be a practice thread, but most of the posts seemed to be about using transaltion services, nd other sites. I set up a small forum for people with a genuine interest in improving their English, and you can find it here -
Fit to Talk English

It is only for members of Bitcoin Talk, and you will need to use your BT name for me to verify this. You will also need to have made at least 5 posts in this forum. This is to avoid an influx of spammers. Please note, you cannot use a signature, and you cannpt promote bounties or air drops via that forum. It is not an alternative to Bitcoin Talk, so you will need to continue to use this forum to improve your crypto knowledge.

You wan't earn any merits through the forum, but you will improve your posting skills, and this helps the Bitcoin Talk forum.

What about a conversation topic? Any plans? I feel that the greatest problem is talking in English, we could set up skype talks with pre-set topics that are crypto-based!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2018, 07:57:56 PM

What about a conversation topic? Any plans? I feel that the greatest problem is talking in English, we could set up skype talks with pre-set topics that are crypto-based!

Did you look at the site? Thereis one there that nobody seems to use.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Eva_me

Activity: 120
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2018, 09:31:50 PM

You raised a sick topic for many forum participants. And I had a desire to write.
I'm still beginning on Bitcointalk, but I've already heard about those who put negatives behind the "wrong" English. Sometimes I want to write, but there are fears that someone will put a negative.
I'm writing unfortunately with the help of Google translator. I understand English, but to say and write for me is a problem. I read the thread and I will follow all the tips to improve my English.

P.S. Thank you for your tolerance and understanding to us) And thanks for the topic! Wink
Talk merit

Activity: 244
Merit: 17

Register for Fit to Talk through me

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2018, 02:02:18 PM

You raised a sick topic for many forum participants. And I had a desire to write.
I'm still beginning on Bitcointalk, but I've already heard about those who put negatives behind the "wrong" English. Sometimes I want to write, but there are fears that someone will put a negative.
I'm writing unfortunately with the help of Google translator. I understand English, but to say and write for me is a problem. I read the thread and I will follow all the tips to improve my English.

P.S. Thank you for your tolerance and understanding to us) And thanks for the topic! Wink

Why don't you join 'Fit to Talk'? There is no chance that you will get any 'negatives' there, as the whole point of the site is to help you to avoid adverse comments by offering constructive help. If's not a part of Bitcoin Talk either, so you needn't be frightened that anything you do there will affect your account here. In fact, I suspect that some of the senior members may be viewing threads there to see which of the new members has a genuine interest in becoming a valuable contributor to this forum.

The Talk Merit projects
 - Jet Cash has set up a number of projects for Bitcoin Talk members Click here to see the list.
jannor

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2018, 08:50:41 PM

For those who doesn’t speak English, try listening to English content.

I learned most of my English growing up by watching Looney Tunes and Animaniacs with subtitles. Also listening to music helped me a lot. English was by far the easiest subject in school.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2019, 03:35:38 PM

Thank you for bumping this old thread. Fit to Talk is still alive, but I haven't spent as much time as I should have on the boards, and I apologise for this. The Fit to Talk English translation project is still open, and I guarantee at least 10 merits for anyone who creates a new topic to be used to start a thread here in Bitcoin Talk. The topic will need to be about local politics, or Bitcoin, or the use of crypto currencies in your country. Don't worry about not having very good English, we will work with you to create a good opening post, and you will get the credit. The topic needs to be original and a good quality topic, as we do not support plagiarism.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
yazher

Activity: 2184
Merit: 585

You own the pen

View Profile
May 01, 2019, 04:06:06 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2019, 04:21:55 PM by yazher

Thank you for bumping this old thread. Fit to Talk is still alive, but I haven't spent as much time as I should have on the boards, and I apologise for this. The Fit to Talk English translation project is still open, and I guarantee at least 10 merits for anyone who creates a new topic to be used to start a thread here in Bitcoin Talk. The topic will need to be about local politics, or Bitcoin, or the use of crypto currencies . Don't worry about not having very good English, we will work with you to create a good opening post, and you will get the credit. The topic needs to be original and a good quality topic, as we do not support plagiarism.

challenge accepted I picked "the use of crypto currencies in your country" here's the link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5138236

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2019, 06:38:01 AM

Exactly, we should improve our English, if we want to do success in life. It is not talk about only working in this forum, we should learn English, because it is international language.
In all over the world English is only one language that everyone know about it. If we can't speak english than we can't survive in other country.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
libert19

Activity: 2492
Merit: 942

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2019, 03:22:11 AM
Last edit: August 14, 2019, 03:36:59 AM by libert19

I started watching Hollywood movies with subtitles, it helps a lot.

Previously, I used to watch those movies dubbed in my native tongue, believe it or not, when you watch dubbed it loses bit of meaning which it's original version had.

Oh, I probably went off topic. Anyway, I meant, watch English movies with subtitles, if you want to improve your English — you will improve your vocabulary, you will be automatically able to frame sentences and also don't stop if what character says goes over your head, it'll improve over time.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████████████████████████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███