Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:33:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you feel about meditation?  (Read 975 times)
werizapp

Activity: 139
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2018, 12:25:42 PM

Have you ever had an enlightenment? This is a very strong sense of motivation, which has long been gone. I will be glad to listen to your experience of concentration on one thought. Tell us the process of concentration. Does it help you in life?
Meditation is a wonderful thing that helps to clear thoughts.
For beginners, I advise firstly to try not to think about anything and concentrate on breathing...
As for me, I practice it from time to time. Meditation helps me when I don' know what to do in complicated situations. An interesting fact - the solution to the problem comes to mind itself. It's fantastic.

I  don't think this is a practical advice to beginners. A newbie meditator cannot empty his mind in the beginning. They should first try to focus on one subject, like their breath or a candle, some hook that doesn't let their mind wander from one thought to another.

After a while, when they get better at this, they can start trying to empty their mind from even that  and experience silence, which is still not easy to achieve.. to become a pro meditator, one needs to practice for a long time. and it's worth the effort.

Join Weriz and be among the first people who participate in a project where profit is not only financial, but also social and personal.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
opinion3

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 08:50:52 PM

Meditation is an Yogic technique for establishing a link with the inner self by causing a detachment (delinking) from the external stimuli including all kinds of thoughts and feelings of mind and conscience.

There are four techniques and one could follow the one best suitable.

Universal Meditation : It is also called as Pranayama (breathing rhythmic control of mind). This is a practice of breathing rhythms and concentrating the mind only on it. One can practice it for 10 minutes initially and later even to 20 to 30 minutes depending on the time availability.
Mouna Dyanam : (Quiet Meditation) : This is a technique where you keep quiet by shutting your mind from all its wavering for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Sravana dyanam :(meditation through listening to appealing or soulful music). It could be spiritual or classical music for about 30 minutes and keeping mind on it devoutly.
Manana dyanam : (Meditating silently by chanting some spiritual words or mantras, like, Om, or Om sakti Om , or Om namassivaaya, or Om namo narayanaya for about 15 to 20 minutes.
kibuloy1987

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 03:53:41 AM

Have you ever had an enlightenment? This is a very strong sense of motivation, which has long been gone. I will be glad to listen to your experience of concentration on one thought. Tell us the process of concentration. Does it help you in life?
Well for me meditation does not help you, because everything else in the world you hold you can say that helps your life but just say that it's in mind or so-called concentration, it seems to me that it really does not help him it causes discomfort in that brain because of thought.
Smitt

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:36:55 AM

I have experienced it when I was in the mountains seeing how beautiful the grass, the trees and the air there make our hearts calm and think how grateful we live. The incident made my mind calm and I could focus on my daily work activities. Maybe if you need concentration, you should think about the existence of life then you will calm down in our heart.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|
frqnck

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:33:41 AM

Although, meditation is great, is its rising in popularity linked to the fact that nobody takes time for themselves naturally, everybody is always one click away from a new distraction, tasks..? I think we should reflect on the reason why we need to find this dedicated time that was, not that long ago, just a regular moment of our life.
jyakulis

Activity: 468
Merit: 250

J

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 03:37:36 AM

umm, i think it's largely a waste of time as a learned technical skill. it's not a technical process and thus does not lend itself to a detailed step by step procedure. the very thought of thinking about 'how' to do something is a rational thought....you already lost right there

for me...it's standing outside in a breeze and feeling at one with the trees as they sway. or sitting on a rock in the forest and being so deeply in tune and planted to it that you can feel the universe's breath as you draw in your own. or lying in bed so, still, mind so quiet, and so in tune with every inch of the body that you can feel the pulse of your energy centers up and down your body with your focus.

but meh, whatever works for people i guess.

bitcoin address: 35CezzikPXjx4QmTgpeU3ByQ42s8mVcbaF
Paydiamond

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:12:55 PM

I learned how to stop my thoughts at will. I learned that the thoughtless state can be easily reached by the awareness of breathing. Everything became my meditation.  I made a habit to yank myself and come back to my breath walking on the street.
M0N3YMAGNET

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 04:29:35 AM

It's really the art of Zen, self discipline, acceptance. Important to practice if possible.
Daniel_Hernandez

Activity: 7

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:15:09 PM

One of the first benefits you should experience very quickly is calmness. Within a few minutes of beginning you can feel calm wash over you, Meditation promotes the manufacture of serotonin, a chemical that effects our moods and behavior. Low levels are associated with depression and similar mental health issues. Also, as a result of this, cortisol, a stress hormone, drops to a healthier level.

Physically, with help from controlled and focused breathing reduces the work rate of the heart, blood circulation increases, high blood pressure drops. More oxygen gets delivered to the brain and muscles. After meditation you will feel reinvigorated and energetic. Over time, and not too long, this extra vitality can be felt all day long.
old_lighthouse

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:52:08 PM

Meditation can take many forms. I think the main benefit of meditation is a change of pace. Whatever form of meditation you practice, it usually involves pausing. You take a moment to switch gears. So often, we can get caught up in the rhythm of everyday life. When things are constant in your life, you stop noticing them. Sometimes your brain literally doesn't register that they're there. Meditation helps us to step back and recognize things that have been right in front of our eyes that we haven't noticed. Meditation helps me to evaluate my life and decide whether I am actually doing what I want to do with my life.
Midas.Investments
Copper Member

Activity: 303

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 03:16:13 PM

I can't stop thinking that meditation is just a wasting of time and you can make other useful things. Self-development, personal growth and self-education
Jimitieu

Activity: 141
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 04:37:57 PM

i heard it's one of the best way to have you relax and calm, on the other hand i really don't know about it. Guess that's the thing the monks and yogaist usually do.

evergreendog

Activity: 79
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:53:16 AM

I'm not sure about meditation , I tried it myself but it didn't do much for me and I Still felt stress. More power to those that are helped by it though.
KASUD36

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:08:53 AM

Meditation helps us to keep a relax mind
crypto_dyke

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:49:10 AM

meditation is good. it's helped me with my depression a whole lot!
old_lighthouse

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 01:43:26 PM

I can't stop thinking that meditation is just a wasting of time and you can make other useful things. Self-development, personal growth and self-education
Wow, you must be an extremely productive person. Considering how much time the average person spends watching TV or randomly browsing the web, I think the meditation could be much more productive. Maybe you don't have a complete understanding of meditation. I think of meditation as take time to pause. Even if you constantly work on self-development and education, you need to take some time to stop and analyze. You need to stop reading and breathe or you can just get lost in the material and forget to explore how it'll apply to your life specifically. I see journal writing, for example, as a form of education. I think it is very productive.
fel99

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:24:41 PM

Meditation undoubtedly helps to concentrate your thoughts
misimoto

Activity: 26

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 03:40:33 PM

Meditation makes me feel more peaceful, more positive and more focused ..
Joshercine

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:27:36 PM

It's a great way to silence your mind and concentrate on yourself only.
Olympiconey

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 02:38:31 PM

Meditation is a great way to calm your mind and deal with stress.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: