Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:00:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cryptocurrency research methods  (Read 96 times)
jmilks (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 03:53:06 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2018, 04:21:46 PM by jmilks

Hi everyone, I'm a 4th year student currently i'm working on a research paper that is looking at the phenomenon of how people in the crypto-sphere perform their research on cryptocurrencies with the absence of traditional educational institutions (Universities).

What I'm looking for is:
-insight into how long you have been in this space
-What resources do you use to keep up to date in this industry (twitter, youtube, telegram,btctalk etc.)
-How many hours a week you spend researching
-What topic you enjoy researching the most ex. market trends, ico's, industry news etc.

I'll start off the discussion by stating that I got into the space early July and initially began my desire to learn about the field by subscribing to as many twitter accounts, medium authors and youtube channels that I could get my hands on. Eventually what I realized it that alot of the content is quite poor in this industry and really had to put in a strong effort to weed out the good from the bad. Currently my feeling about the industry is that their is an over-saturation of "crypto experts" and that for new people entering this market, one of the biggest challenges is finding the correct people to learn from.

That however is just my thought, I would love to here how you guys feel about it!
-Cheers

Basmic

Activity: 406
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:00:37 PM

Any opinion polls must be paid. I understand that you are a student and you have no money to conduct such a survey. My advice to you. In order to get answers to your questions you should briefly formulate your question and post it on the forum. Then you'll have a chance. No one will spend their time for a long tenure on page your questionnaire.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:01:45 PM

Hi everyone, I a 4th year student at the University of Western Ontario. Currently i'm working on a research paper that is looking at the phenomenon of how people in the crypto-sphere perform their research on cryptocurrencies with the absence of traditional educational institutions (Universities).

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdERJ_ZeRm4REKqEts6oE41_BhMDr1GITjKsk_KjBQrt2eGQw/viewform?usp=sf_link

The link above is to a basic survey with six questions related to the subject i'm researching. If you guys could  take a minute to fill out the survey it would be really appreciated!

Feel free to contribute any of your thoughts in the comment section, or add anything that you feel would be insightful to this discussion!

Cheers
-Jmilks

Just filled out your survey form buddy. Good luck to learn from your research but you should reveal any information about your own identity bro. Try to be anonymous in the forum, recently joined all are just revealing their location and personal information unnecessarily.
I see you are two or something options in the forum instead of that give some option which research about the people who are all concentrating on blockchain related research.
jmilks (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:16:05 PM

Any opinion polls must be paid. I understand that you are a student and you have no money to conduct such a survey. My advice to you. In order to get answers to your questions you should briefly formulate your question and post it on the forum. Then you'll have a chance. No one will spend their time for a long tenure on page your questionnaire.

Ive updated my initial post and got rid of the poll  Cheesy

Thanks for letting me know I wasn't complying with the communities expectations!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: