Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:38:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rackmountmining.co.uk - 4U 7 & 8 GPU Riserless Servers  (Read 154 times)
FyrBridd (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 04:56:26 PM

Hello all,

Rackmount Mining is proud to present its first product, the X7R 4U Server, offered in both a barebones and turn-key solutions.
The X7R represents the only riserless rackmountable chassis on the market, allowing improved airflow and reliability over conventional riser systems.

We are currently taking pre-orders for batch 1 of units consisting of 50 servers. This has an estimated arrival to us at the end of April.
If batch 1 sells quicker it will arrive quicker! You will be kept fully updated through the pre-order, build and testing process.

All servers are fully tested for 48 hours and come with a 1 year warranty.

Visit our website to learn more:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/rackmountmining/
Email: info@rackmountmining.co.uk

FAQ:
Do you except escrow?
Unfortunately for batch 1 we cannot except escrow, this is something we would like to implement down the line. We suggest either Paypal or credit card for payment protection.

How come you only have 1 post?
I'm more of the silent reader type...

How fast will I get my rig?
Priority for testing will be given in order of sale date, with the first servers aiming to ship a week after arrival to us.

Could you of picked a worse time to try and start selling rigs?
Probably not.

Do you have any further proof this isn't a scam?
https://ibb.co/kr1yk7 https://ibb.co/jbFKsn ready and waiting.

I would like a server with different GPUs
Contact us at the email above and we will let you know if we can do that depending on GPU availability.

The X8R will be our next product, which is currently going through a revision change after prototyping, if you are interested in it, let me know!
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:59:20 PM

another fake rackmount case. how do you expect it to "rackmount" without any rails?

also price is MUCH too high. $900 for a barebones kit (i assume everything but GPUs) when you can get an ACTUAL rackmounted case that takes cheaper and standard hardware for like $2-300 + computer components
airflow looks pretty poor out the back of that case too. you're relying on the relatively small vents of the rear I/O bracket of the card

I've built 2 systems like this so far one with 8 GPUs:
Rosewill RSV-L4500 - $100
Rails - $45
Spotswood GPU bracket - $60
$205

an example of common hardware:
Asus H270 Plus - $100 can hold 8 GPUs
G3930 - $50
8x risers - $75
2x 750w platinum rated HP server PSUs with breakout boards and cabling - $200
Pico PSU - $35

a little elbow grease - free

all of this for something that is a REAL rackmount solution, uses quality and not unknown components, and is much more servicable when something breaks or needs replacement.

and your PSU is sporting the fake "90 plus" badging. 90 plus is not a thing. "80 plus" is the true PSU efficiency rating system. 90 plus is fake chinese BS, and most likely a fake certification and poor efficiency PSUs.

so sick of all these people coming out with fake ass "4U rackmount" cases that cant even be put in a real standard rack.

FyrBridd (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 08:26:38 AM

The chassis is very short (380mm deep) and we recommend that chassis runners are used to mount the server in the rack, a solution used by many small businesses to save costs on expensive rails.

Please bare in mind you are looking at GBP prices converted into USD, hardware in the UK is significantly more expensive than the USA with prices usually 1:1 USD to GBP, at least. The prices also include UK VAT, if a US customer was to get in contact this could be removed, bringing the prices down 20%, unfortunately this cannot be directly implemented in the website as this could be easily exploited. Obviously tax would still have to be paid by the customer on the units entering the US.

I find it interesting that you include risers in your quality components...
I'm also trying to produce a product that doesn't require an angle grinder to install the components.

I agree with you on the sticker, but that is Chinese branding for you. However, these are tried and tested power supplies.

In regards to airflow, the 3 190CFM Delta fans provide plenty and can be adjusted to suit with the supplied fan controller, the GPUs in the 8 card prototype are currently around 55-58C at 2/3 fan speed.

As a note, in terms of reliability the prototype units both worked immediately after installing all the graphics cards and SMOS and have worked for 3 months without any downtime so far apart from a power cut about 2 days ago.
P00P135

Activity: 1123
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:47:07 AM

The chassis is very short (380mm deep) and we recommend that chassis runners are used to mount the server in the rack, a solution used by many small businesses to save costs on expensive rails.

Please bare in mind you are looking at GBP prices converted into USD, hardware in the UK is significantly more expensive than the USA with prices usually 1:1 USD to GBP, at least. The prices also include UK VAT, if a US customer was to get in contact this could be removed, bringing the prices down 20%, unfortunately this cannot be directly implemented in the website as this could be easily exploited. Obviously tax would still have to be paid by the customer on the units entering the US.

I find it interesting that you include risers in your quality components...
I'm also trying to produce a product that doesn't require an angle grinder to install the components.

I agree with you on the sticker, but that is Chinese branding for you. However, these are tried and tested power supplies.

In regards to airflow, the 3 190CFM Delta fans provide plenty and can be adjusted to suit with the supplied fan controller, the GPUs in the 8 card prototype are currently around 55-58C at 2/3 fan speed.

As a note, in terms of reliability the prototype units both worked immediately after installing all the graphics cards and SMOS and have worked for 3 months without any downtime so far apart from a power cut about 2 days ago.

I like how you have "sold out" on your items like people have actually bought this stuff.  Cheesy

No one in their right mind is going to buy a half a rack case filled with 6 or 7 1050tis or 1060's.  You don't even have exhaust fans on these cases.  Maybe if you used blower style cooler it would be better, but this is too much of a specialized case that most people wouldn't even consider it.
gsrcrxsi314

Activity: 367
Merit: 34

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:54:11 PM

LOL angle grinder??

the build i listed requires ZERO permanent modification to the case (just unscrew and remove some unnecessary stuff). and only the drilling of 2 holes if you want to keep the center fan wall, which i personally opted to do.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: