Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:16:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-coin development costs?  (Read 404 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 04:47:03 PM

I am curious how much it would cost to have a developer build a custom spec alt-coin? I appreciate there are varying degrees of customization, so I will list two examples of potential ideas:
1) Basic clone with re-branding and custom specs
2} Heavy modifications, for example added features to the wallet

I appreciate alt-coins have a relatively bad rep with all the pre-mining and so on, however as a big fan of Bitcoin and crypto I feel this is a project I might like to take on next.  I have not worked out any specific specs for an alt-coin just yet, and I am wondering about the costs and potential time it might take to develop such a project from a basic to complex level. Building brands, websites and marketing is something I enjoy and I like to think my approach to developing an alt-coin could perhaps result in a decent coin worthy of use by merchants and so on.
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
meta.p02

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:20:34 PM

1) Near zero. Create your own logo, coin name, specs, then do a few changes of parameters. You might need to pay if you are not able to compile a windows client yourself, though.

2) Depends on what you want. If it is a client-side feature (i.e. modification to the UI), then it should not take much work. If it is a network feature  - implementing new hash algorithms or features (like proof-of-burn), you would probably need to pay developers much more.

Earn Devcoins by Writing | Trade on Cryptsy! Faucets: Watch ads, earn Bitcoin | Visit pages, get Bitcoin | Gamble with faucet earnings!
If you found my post informative/interesting, consider tipping at BTC: 15877457612137dj4MM57bGXRkPzU4wPRM or DVC: 1B2PAYVe9BQRrZKaWZxWtunutwrm6fVcF7.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: