Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:06:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out for scammers  (Read 423 times)
Kidmat

Activity: 774
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:45:58 PM

This is why I dont join on any airdrops anymore because of the scammers. Once you filled a form to join their airdrop they will send you an email and that email an attack to scam your private keys and other important things in your pc. It happen many times so better dont click an phishing attack in your email.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
pitchi (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:18:29 AM

This is why I dont join on any airdrops anymore because of the scammers. Once you filled a form to join their airdrop they will send you an email and that email an attack to scam your private keys and other important things in your pc. It happen many times so better dont click an phishing attack in your email.
i will never be part of those airdrops again  Cry   Cry
guanyikclkv8593

Activity: 484
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:24:26 AM

hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .
T hanks for you warning and I will watch out for that.
Awan Awan

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:36:12 AM

hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .
Thanks for the info. No wonder I never take part in airdrops. Paying penny and can steal my coins. Never!!

For experience people, they can avoid to click link from any unknown source example email.
However, if you want to join airdrop, please avoid to join any airdrop which ask you to do ubnormal thing.
sangalangdavid

Activity: 443
Merit: 100

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:56:26 AM

There are so many scammers nowadays. Some are creating their own websites imitating the website we used to log in our credentials. We have to be alert and watchful on those things because they might trap us. Be watchful, everyone.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Oasisman

Activity: 2604
Merit: 549

Rollbit

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:12:36 AM

In fairness with the Airdrops, there are also good and profitable coins you get from Airdrops, that was before when I participated in some. But today it was being abused, being used to scam people, thats why I get rid of these Airdrops and better participate in Social media campaigns or Signature campaings.
For your security, never ever input your private key in any of doubtful and unsafe websites and emails, and always bookmark everything legit.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Sunnyday1

Activity: 40

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:39:23 AM

Thank you for the information. As I see airdrops could be scam. Is the most dangerous thing there is to download their attachements and click the links, right? Or what else?
lorin47

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:42:30 AM

Are you one of the KYC victims who sent all his data over the internet and clicked on a bunch of emails from the KYC company? 

The hackers are using KYC to steal your funds.  Your handing them all the info.

Yeah the KYC scams are running rampant at this point.  People are getting seriously hurt when they make the mistake to compromise their personal documents.  Hackers now have a wealth of information on you to begin brute forcing into your computer to steal your funds. 
torotot

Activity: 134

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:48:42 AM

Thanks for the warning. I have a little bit idea regarding scam but not expected too much scam. Maybe be vigilant and do our own research. Take your own risk.
Akiko

Activity: 896
Merit: 198

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:54:12 AM

Airdrops wont get your private keys,normally they will just require you to fill up some form with your bitcontalk account,wallet address and optional with email addresses you can use dummy email address so that you wont receive phishing emails from these people,do not waste your time with these stupid airdrops instead join bounty programs.
Yes your right its better to join bounty than airdrop, your effort will useless..

Chiyoko

Activity: 305

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:57:08 AM

Dont waste you time for airdrop if the free is not valuable, its better to participate bounty campaign.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:08:25 AM

You should have installed an anti-malware/virus for safety reason. If you have one already then updating to latest version is very important.
I rarely join airdrop but if I join, I will not open a link they sent. It's better safe than sorry.
Anyway just continue your involvement in cryptocurrency and be careful from now on.
znarf1028

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:14:39 AM

thanks for your concern! hope they dont scam my private key because im a newbie here! And i dont know what im going to do when they do that to my private key!
shahani

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:44:08 AM

I am totally confused, why a lot of hackers today can easily enter by building any forms of applications and then sometimes automatically downloaded to our gadgets. Many times I been discovered that some applications automatically downloaded to my phone. So, I difinitely say that social media also cannot detect hackers. Because they are giving way for some hackers entering here in social media. For me hackers can also contributes income into social media because they are freely here perform any abused and take advantage to other weak prople.

╔═██|   investaco.in   |██═════  Pre ICO : May 1st, 2018  ═╗
╚  JOIN THE NEW BREED WHO WILL INHERIT THE DIGITAL EARTH!  ╝
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:52:33 AM

They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .
For safety of all people who love to join airdrops and you are unstoppable. Just don't send your private key to anyone. It's only for you to keep your funds safe and don't be so gullible that they will send your free tokens in exchange of your private keys that has balance. Once they gain access to your private keys, they can easily open your wallet.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:57:54 AM

This would be a big reminder to many airdrop lover, scammers do lots of thing to scam us because that is their job we only need is to be careful and choose the airdrop which are possibly legit or create other wallet to received token from airdrop for our safety.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
sfdseew

Activity: 52

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:02:04 AM

There are no free lunches under the sun. Although many airdrops can get free tokens by spending a small amount of time registering, it seems very appealing, but I would like to know how to study what airdrops are deceptive.
smhome354

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:10:00 AM

Thanks for this valuable information. Scammers won't really stop in their wrongdoings. Why there are people like this who's happy stealing from others. They don't have any respect to the feelings of their fellow human.

CRYPTFUNDER.IO ▼ Disruptive Funding for Startup ICOs & Blockchain Companies ▼ Join Our ICO Now! ▼
1020kingz

Activity: 350
Merit: 106

Telegram Moderator, Hire me

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:11:02 AM

It could happen, when they send you a link to a pishing site of myetherwallet. So don't follow the links, then they will have no chance to hack your wallet. There are many scamming devs, but also airdrops of awesome cryptocurrencies.
yes this is right i agree with this, dont click the links they send especially if they personally email you some links offering ne airdrops or what so ever they want you to fill in, because in that way they can hack or access to your accounts i dont know how they did that but just be consious enough not to trust right away, because scammers are skilled people want to earn money in a bad way.
balamuda

Activity: 318

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:23:04 AM

Yes for that we must be careful for the airdrop program, although not all airdrop programs like what you mentioned, but airdrop prize is small and it will make you lose time. It's better to follow the signature campaign, because it's more promising.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: