Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:49:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Watch out for scammers  (Read 422 times)
pitchi (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:45:22 PM

hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yura_878

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:50:40 PM

hi folks I want to warn all the participants in the airdrops There are a bunch of scammers They steal the privet key of myetherwallet i dont know how they do that but i think by sending you an email and when you check the email and click on it they can access to all the file in your pc and steal the key i dont know how that works i'm not an expert so don't put any of the private key in the computer or in your phones .
Thanks for the info. No wonder I never take part in airdrops. Paying penny and can steal my coins. Never!!

cryptotitan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:50:52 PM

Airdrops wont get your private keys,normally they will just require you to fill up some form with your bitcontalk account,wallet address and optional with email addresses you can use dummy email address so that you wont receive phishing emails from these people,do not waste your time with these stupid airdrops instead join bounty programs.

pitchi (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:56:07 PM

Airdrops wont get your private keys,normally they will just require you to fill up some form with your bitcontalk account,wallet address and optional with email addresses you can use dummy email address so that you wont receive phishing emails from these people,do not waste your time with these stupid airdrops instead join bounty programs.
oh yeah i'm totally out of this kind of thing after i have lost half of my funds thanks man
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:57:02 PM

Me too i never join these stupid airdrops to get 5 to 10$ sometimes even less.Just do bounty where you can get sometimes more than 200 or 300$ if you do signature even more if you are higher ranked member
cryptodrei

Activity: 207

The future is your Genome

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:58:07 PM

oh yeah i'm totally out of this kind of thing after i have lost half of my funds thanks man
Never join these airdrops that will require your private keys,normally wallet and email address would be the requirement for such airdrops.If someone ask you to put your private keys im sure 100% it is a scam because why would they need to get your private keys if thet arent going to steal your investments or coins.

Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1020

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:00:40 PM

If you just open that email and don't click/download any attachment then I cant see a reasons that you would be hacked out by someone.This is why we should really be careful on downloading things on pc, executable files will run if you don't have an antivirus that can detect those malwares. Private keys cant be hacked if you don't disclose it into public. Unless if you got phished then 100% you will be hacked.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:06:03 PM

Private keys shouldnt be given to anyone,because it is the most imporant part of your investments if someone knew your keys you are good as dead,all of your funds might be transfered to his own wallet so that protect your keys as you are protecting your love ones,never give it to anyone because that thing can be the key to your success or failure.

pitchi (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:07:39 PM

If you just open that email and don't click/download any attachment then I cant see a reasons that you would be hacked out by someone.This is why we should really be careful on downloading things on pc, executable files will run if you don't have an antivirus that can detect those malwares. Private keys cant be hacked if you don't disclose it into public. Unless if you got phished then 100% you will be hacked.
that exactly what happened with me i thougt the email is to confirmed or somthing like that but It turned out to be the wrong  Undecided but i learned from my mistake
Jansaa

Activity: 392
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:10:26 PM

I see! Many airdrop program not pay! So I think they open airdrop to get your info! Used it to get your private info! So you can lost your private key!
Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:12:35 PM

It could happen, when they send you a link to a pishing site of myetherwallet. So don't follow the links, then they will have no chance to hack your wallet. There are many scamming devs, but also airdrops of awesome cryptocurrencies.
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:17:27 PM

Indeed often we find the name of the project Scam. It makes us very disappointed, When first investing but we meet is a scam project and make us very down.
cryptoatomic

Activity: 168
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:22:50 PM

Always protect your private keys from anyone,it shouldnt be given even to your families so that your money wont be stolen by these people.You need to know that these people wont stop doing shitty scams to steal the newbies investments,so you need to research before doing anything in our community so you will be protected from these hackers.
creeps

Activity: 742
Merit: 144

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:24:11 PM

Some airdrops requires you to provide private keys and that's a clear scam because in the first place you should not give not key to anyone. Giving your email is ok but don't ever download anything from that site because you might really got scammed if you do better to be safe than to get some shit coin that don't have any value after all.
habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:29:35 PM

These people shouldnt be given any chance to scam people,this is the reason why the world doesnt want to get into our market because most of the people are taking advantages to each other,the mainstream media will always be negative to our community that is why we shouldnt be doing anything that can harm the reputation of cryptocurrencies.

carlfebz2

Activity: 2926
Merit: 727

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:30:38 PM

that exactly what happened with me i thougt the email is to confirmed or somthing like that but It turned out to be the wrong  Undecided but i learned from my mistake
Then what happened after you click such link? As long you didn't input something or download then you didn't commit any mistake.

Some airdrops requires you to provide private keys and that's a clear scam because in the first place you should not give not key to anyone. Giving your email is ok but don't ever download anything from that site because you might really got scammed if you do better to be safe than to get some shit coin that don't have any value after all.
Even just on common sense you will able to identify if a thing is a pure scam or not. We do know that private keys is the most important information/access to our wallets and even creating our wallet in first place do have caution about on keeping it for yourself which means theres no reason that you haven't told or being reminded in relation with it.Keys is on your full responsibility don't give it to anybody no matter what.
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:37:27 PM

All of the people who will ask for your private keys will surely steal all of your funds,so protect your keys just like protecting your wife and children,never give it to anyone private keys will be your assurance you better get some hardwallets like ledger and trezor because it can give you an extra protection with these hackers.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
pitchi (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:38:53 PM

These people shouldnt be given any chance to scam people,this is the reason why the world doesnt want to get into our market because most of the people are taking advantages to each other,the mainstream media will always be negative to our community that is why we shouldnt be doing anything that can harm the reputation of cryptocurrencies.
that right if someone want to get into cryptocurrencies and somehow stole his money  like me he will hate it for ever that must be some kind things like controlling those scammers ... and we ask ourselves why all the world against the idea of cryptocurrencies for that kind of things  
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:40:10 PM

That's very true, I agree with you. Crypto is indeed very profitable but full of enormous risks when we invest and when it is also we know that when we invest it all is a scam or fraud. Many are afraid to invest in fear of being cheated. Because there is no guarantee all back when we invest. This is a lesson for us when we want to invest in caution against fraud and other things.
mrjokerr

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:45:03 PM

Are you one of the KYC victims who sent all his data over the internet and clicked on a bunch of emails from the KYC company? 

The hackers are using KYC to steal your funds.  Your handing them all the info.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: