Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:34:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Secure my ETH  (Read 128 times)
BitFoward (OP)

Activity: 245
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 10:52:43 PM

Hi dudes, i would like to know the best ways to secure my Ethereum, in a way that it is compatible with ERC20. I accept every type of tips!!
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:34:25 PM

Hi dudes, i would like to know the best ways to secure my Ethereum, in a way that it is compatible with ERC20. I accept every type of tips!!

Myetherwallet is a good start. You can make a wallet on there and store ERC20 in that wallet as well. I would really recommend getting a hardware wallet like Trezor or Nanoledger though, you can use hardware wallets on Myeterwallet to store ERC20's and it's much more secure to store your crypto offline than it is online.
victoralida

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:42:44 PM

If you are using myetherwallet then you known that you make sure your private key file never got in hands of other people.
BitRichyRich

Activity: 186

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 12:22:57 AM

If you are thinking at a hardware wallet I advise you TREZOR, compatible with erc20!
BitFoward (OP)

Activity: 245

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 11:39:04 AM

Myetherwallet is a good start. You can make a wallet on there and store ERC20 in that wallet as well. I would really recommend getting a hardware wallet like Trezor or Nanoledger though, you can use hardware wallets on Myeterwallet to store ERC20's and it's much more secure to store your crypto offline than it is online.

Thank you very much man!!! I check both and i think that i will buy Trezor.
mundang

Activity: 1008
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:56:40 AM

use myetherwallet to store your ethereum together with your erc20 tokens its a secure wallet. No one can hack your wallet as long as you secure your private keys.
DanilovaSeverina

Activity: 62

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:17:53 PM

Just don't use MEW, it's easily to fishing
linyhan

Activity: 684
Merit: 250

Early Funders Registration: monartis.com

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:21:04 PM

Just don't use MEW, it's easily to fishing
Well still depends on the user of mew on how they manage thier private keys and do not blame mew  for the account hacking of mew wallets.

▀█████▄▀████▄▀███▄▀██▄▀█▄▀▄        NUPay        ▄▀▄█▀▄██▀▄███▀▄████▀▄█████▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   A New Crypto-Payment Platform   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█      Telegram  ]      [   Medium   ]      [   ICO Page   ]      [  Facebook  ]      [ Instagram ]      █
Frosz

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:45:20 PM

Yes MEW is a very good start. No downloads, no purchase. Unlimited wallets creation. Just need to be careful of the website.
Mikado$

Activity: 170

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:22:18 PM

I think that in order to protect property and the coins into a sensitive place and risk is Mew .need to focus protection from users, especially not at any time with the related tools.
coindawan

Activity: 46

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:19:21 PM

Phishers send you a message with a link to a website that looks just like MyEtherWallet, EtherDelta, Paypal, or your bank, but is not the real website. They steal your information and then steal your money.
Use the EAL or MetaMask Chrome Extension to block malicious websites.
Always check the URL: https://www.myetherwallet.com.
Always make sure the URL bar has MYETHERWALLET LLC [US] in green.
Do not trust messages or links sent to you randomly via email, Slack, Reddit, Twitter, etc. Always navigate directly to a site before you enter information. Do not enter information after clicking a link from a message or email.
Install an AdBlocker and do not click ads on your search engine (e.g. Google).

That's what I was almost phished by. Checking URL whether real one or not is very important. I always check after coming across the incident.
Obeng ketok

Activity: 66

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 12:41:54 AM

I do not yet know his name is Trezor or Nano Ledger. what's the advantage of myetherwallet?
Tenoriza

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 01:31:38 AM

- Do not keep ETH balance too long in Exchanger.
- Do not carelessly visit a link sent to your email associated with your wallet account
- Do not transact with individuals you do not know yet.
- Keep private keys in two places, online and offline
- check your balance regularly
- do not keep the balance for too long, use it for trading or buying goods.
donmase

Activity: 91

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 06:23:21 AM

Safe them with your local wallet is the best way then using MEW wallet for sure.
nuskill

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:56:29 AM

always use a hardware wallet that can store your keys. and best - store that hardware wallet in a safe Wink
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:22:03 AM

If you are going to use Myetherwallet, you can use it offline for increased security. Check this:

https://myetherwallet.github.io/knowledge-base/offline/running-myetherwallet-locally.html
carlocombalicer22

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:55:15 AM

According to my opinion, if you would like to know the best way to secure your ethereum is to create a wallet in myetherwallet.com because it is a compatible wallet with ERC20 and has a high security, just be sure to avoid some phishing sites.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: