Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 11:26:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Getcryptotab.com a scam  (Read 525 times)
jhenai29 (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 10:54:48 PM

Newbie here. I found this chrome extension circulating on Social Media Getcryptotab and many are using this to mine bitcoin. I already installed this extension and so far I already generate 0.000000165700 BTC in one night alone.

I wonder if any one here already withdraw from this website. Any reviews and feedback?

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 3845

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:30:10 AM

Legit or not, scam or not, it's not worth it. As a chrome extension, it's probably doing a lot more than "mining" bitcoin, it could be stealing personal information out of your browsing sessions. Get rid of it, and run a virus scan.

Quote from their site:
Become a part of a huge mining pool! The bigger the pool’s computing power is, the bigger blocks can be solved, the more money you can earn! Invite most active friends of yours, who will in turn invite their own friends and start making real money! Get more than 1 BTC per month!
Yeah.. no.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
jhenfelipe

Activity: 1372
Merit: 647

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:34:02 AM

I never heard of that site. Not interested in mining extensions too. (DNS8 found the site malicious, as checked on virustotal)

0.000000165700 BTC in one night alone? Imagining your tone of saying that, you seem to be overwhelmed thinking that you earned big for a night. However, you just earned 16 satoshis, which is not worth the electricity and the risk imo. You could earn that in one faucet for just a minute.
jhenai29 (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:35:23 AM

ok thanks for the info. will get rid of it.. Smiley
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:42:59 AM

Newbie here. I found this chrome extension circulating on Social Media Getcryptotab and many are using this to mine bitcoin. I already installed this extension and so far I already generate 0.000000165700 BTC in one night alone.

I wonder if any one here already withdraw from this website. Any reviews and feedback?

Take a look at their own recent payouts page: https://getcryptotab.com/en/journal/

All the payments are in the thousands of satoshi. If they are a legitimate service that is actually mining bitcoins with your computing power then it'll just mean that your computer is getting severely lagged and overheated for virtually no rewards.

Also, your electricity costs will pretty much not going to be covered.

You made a good decision to stop using it. There are no benefits whatsoever, especially as it could even be a hidden virus or not even pay you when you have just made enough for minimum withdrawal.

Smiley
cydrix

Activity: 602
Merit: 129

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:40:34 AM

Take a look at their own recent payouts page: https://getcryptotab.com/en/journal/

All the payments are in the thousands of satoshi. If they are a legitimate service that is actually mining bitcoins with your computing power then it'll just mean that your computer is getting severely lagged and overheated for virtually no rewards.

You made a good decision to stop using it. There are no benefits whatsoever, especially as it could even be a hidden virus or not even pay you when you have just made enough for minimum withdrawal.
So basically scam right? Even they allow you to withdraw it is still not enough to harness the actual fee that cost your mining service right?
I see there are tons of risk in involving to a chrome extension thanks for the warning 0.000000165700BTC a night is not enough and not worth a try.
audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:07:40 PM

So basically scam right? Even they allow you to withdraw it is still not enough to harness the actual fee that cost your mining service right?
I see there are tons of risk in involving to a chrome extension thanks for the warning 0.000000165700BTC a night is not enough and not worth a try.

For a newbie, that amount of satoshis in a night would be massive because the calculation in his head would be, if I can get this in one night, how much more would I get in about say 30 nights and in few months, I could have 1 btc by practically not doing anything forgetting that the implicit cost (just like a faucet site, that takes your time, data, deceive you to click on ads, solve annoying puzzles while they are made richer) is more than that, and the increment won't happened  on a multiplying by nights basis. If the site is not scam, they would set a minimum payout point which would either frustrate you to leave, if otherwise they would make you keep your eyes on the prize for them to have enough time to either cause damage to the system or the users by exploiting information just like someone outlined earlier.

timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:03:23 AM

Yes, spot on.

What's the point of trading security of your entire crypto stash and more as well as the speed of your PC, for a measly few hundred satoshis a day that may not even actually get delivered to your bitcoin wallet in the end?

It's just not a sane decision for anyone to make, is it?

If you have free electricity and you have free access to hardware, then even using freebitco.in's browser mining will be more safe and profitable. They have microwithdrawals with close to 0 fee, and also have a reputation. You don't need to download anything either, they'll use coinhive to mine XMR. But I would still not recommend you doing it, as it's just a waste of effort, time, electricity, and your brain power.

Smiley
Suzane007

Activity: 14
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:34:57 PM

I used cryptotab but stopped using it. It is not profitable for me as I using a 7 yrs old laptop and so I had to restrict myself to low hash rate. I can't say if it is legit or not but posting some info about it that may be helpful here.

1. The referral works.

2. You have not mined 0.000000165700 BTC but it's 0.00000016 BTC only. The last four digits are an indicator that it is mining.

3. It uses coinhive.js file, many AVs consider it as malware due to its primary use but used everywhere, to mine XMR and rewards you in eq. BTC following the general algorithm of pool mining.

4. Its minimum payout is 40,000 sat and that's without a fee.

rockzu07

Activity: 79

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 04:18:31 AM

Its not worth it, i think they use your computer to mine and you get less. Faucet is better than this.
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 05:47:28 PM

This is not a worthy site to invest on it bro. There are many cloud and browser mining websites has been opened up bro. We need to find the best mining hardware to get the more power on mining altcoins or even bitcoin.
Whenever you have doubt on learning about trustable website or not means you need to write with the SFR10 who is good in analyzing the scamming websites.
stomachgrowls

Activity: 2884
Merit: 773

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:17:25 PM

Legit or not, scam or not, it's not worth it. As a chrome extension, it's probably doing a lot more than "mining" bitcoin, it could be stealing personal information out of your browsing sessions. Get rid of it, and run a virus scan.

Quote from their site:
Become a part of a huge mining pool! The bigger the pool’s computing power is, the bigger blocks can be solved, the more money you can earn! Invite most active friends of yours, who will in turn invite their own friends and start making real money! Get more than 1 BTC per month!
Yeah.. no.
A person who do have already a proper knowledge will probably say the same thing but for people who don't have any idea on what they are downloading just thinking only on having a fast income or earning on btc then most of the time they will surely download this thing without thinking on the risk.Instead on earning money they would rather mess up their entire earnings or files into their own pc getting informations.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Koro-Sensei

Activity: 658
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:59:52 AM

Quote from their site:
Yeah.. no.
Yeah me either I'm one of the haters of cloud mining in this community. As a chrome extension it could have a malware and other scheming method to scam you and your wallet anytime they want. All it needs some programing skills and your dead both your conscience and your money.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 05:34:06 PM

its legit and paying
it is paying peanuts and not worth your time
they use your computer to mine coins and are a simple variation of Coinhive
you don't want to run some questionable software in the background and earn 2-3$ a month

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1237

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:33:10 PM

Although it is legit it is not worthy. The reason is simple, they use your processor power as they cannot really mine with a browser to mine XMR Monero for themselves. They earn a lot more than they pay you from using your computer power so if you want to mine why don't you install XMR Stak and mine directly through it with your CPU, all the rewards will come to your Monero address and you are sure that no one may do shady things through your browser.

I don't consider Google Chrome as the most secure web browser out there.
Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 06:41:23 PM

Although it is legit it is not worthy. The reason is simple, they use your processor power as they cannot really mine with a browser to mine XMR Monero for themselves. They earn a lot more than they pay you from using your computer power so if you want to mine why don't you install XMR Stak and mine directly through it with your CPU, all the rewards will come to your Monero address and you are sure that no one may do shady things through your browser.

You know people, would always comes after for a very convenient way which they would only surf the site and then let them use your computing or cpu power without even thinking another possible ways which is really more worth if he do really tend to mine using his own cpu power.Surfing these websites they cant able to execute background miners yet my antivirus is already blocking it which im thankful because in the past if i wasnt able to check out my processes there something beneath hiddenly operates.My pc was too lagg on those days due to that mining.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:01:47 PM

Fundamentally, web browsers shouldn't be considered secure at all, especially so if they sniff through everything you do on the internet, and almost all browsers do that. Google's Chrome browser is the worst in that aspect. If that's what you meant with it being not the most secure, then I definitely agree with that. People however don't seem to care much as long as it works smooth enough for their day to day operations. On top of that, there are certain legal aspects to it that people don't look at either, especially if they use VPS's or dedicated servers to have them run all day because they already rented them. It all looks easy and fun, but when it comes to making money, everything has its price -- making money like water doesn't exist, even not in the crypto market.
leowonderful
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1129

Bitcoin FTW!

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 08:06:13 PM

Mining with CPUs in this day and age just generally isn't profitable as whole anymore, with the exception of more recent Ryzen and 6-8th gen I5-i7 processors. The days of easy mining are over for the most part, and you'll need to make an investment into better equipment to make anything worth your time. I love mining and I hope more people get into it as it's one of the more interesting parts of crypto IMO, but this just isn't the way to go.
swogerino
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 1237

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 06:29:38 AM

Fundamentally, web browsers shouldn't be considered secure at all, especially so if they sniff through everything you do on the internet, and almost all browsers do that. Google's Chrome browser is the worst in that aspect. If that's what you meant with it being not the most secure, then I definitely agree with that. People however don't seem to care much as long as it works smooth enough for their day to day operations. On top of that, there are certain legal aspects to it that people don't look at either, especially if they use VPS's or dedicated servers to have them run all day because they already rented them. It all looks easy and fun, but when it comes to making money, everything has its price -- making money like water doesn't exist, even not in the crypto market.

It is exactly what I meant. I have witnessed several cases where google chrome was the problem in my work leading to nasty viruses , of course most of the fault was from the users but still google chrome was the tool that lead into it. Now I have enforced the rule to use always the latest Firefox hardened for all the users I manage and so far together with Eset Smart Security all is going well.
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1106

View Profile
April 23, 2018, 11:29:27 AM

It is exactly what I meant. I have witnessed several cases where google chrome was the problem in my work leading to nasty viruses , of course most of the fault was from the users but still google chrome was the tool that lead into it. Now I have enforced the rule to use always the latest Firefox hardened for all the users I manage and so far together with Eset Smart Security all is going well.

it doesn't matter,you can get viruses on Firefox too
Chrome or Firefox-if you surf various dubious sites with tons of popups and crap going in iframes
you are almost certain to catch some nasty thing sooner or later
if you plan to surf some sites that you are not sure about,use sandbox or shadowdefender
this way your system will not get infected whatever you do

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀