Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 01:07:46 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [URGENT] Help me fixing my RIG.  (Read 212 times)
ETNPro (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 12:29:12 AM

I'm currently mining an Electroneum via my RIG:

But i'm facing with one problem that is the windows is working so slow i mean i cannot open something other if i want to open something its so slow and it maybe get blocked or freeze, when i close the miner it work fast, im currently using the xmrig with 30 threads per graphic card, i tried and xmr stak but same. I have the latest CUDA installed and latest nvidia driver installed.

Here are my rig specs:
2x MSI Computer GTX 1060 3GT OC NVIDIA GeForce 3GB GDDR5
--- (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KUCL25Y/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
2x ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB Dual-Fan OC Edition Graphics Card (DUAL-GTX1060-O3G)
--- (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KMVHB6M/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1)
Risers: https://www.ebay.com/itm/6X-Riser-Card-Adapter-PCI-E-1x-To-16x-Extender-USB3-0-Powered-Cable-Bitcoin-6PIN/401376256843?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649
Motherboard: H81 Pro Btc 2.0
RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 2x4GB (DDR3 1600mhz) (Virtual Ram Initial Size [8000MB] / Maximum Size [12000MB])
HDD: 500GB
PSU: https://www.amazon.com/RIOTORO-ONYX-PR-BA0750-SM-Power-Supply/dp/B01N35GL2V
Processor: Core i3-4170 Dual 3.7GHz
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit (disabled all aeros/classic theme blue windows/powertime is set to max performance in nvidia settings/power options to high)

MSI Burner settings:
mem 650, CC 100, and power 100%

Here are my stats of miner:
https://i.imgur.com/KOwsdLa.png

ETNPro (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:08:03 AM

Please try turning down or disabling your cpu usage so that your cpu utilization is not entirely used for mining Smiley
The CPU mining is disabled in my configuration and im not mining with CPU.
So what you mean?
--Serena--

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:10:13 AM

Please try turning down or disabling your cpu usage so that your cpu utilization is not entirely used for mining Smiley
So what you mean?

Embarrassed deleted, I missed the last picture you'd posted. Sorry about that!
ETNPro (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:11:53 AM

So what you mean?

Embarrassed deleted, I missed the last picture you'd posted. Sorry about that!
Np, i hope someone will help me.
DevelopmentBank

Activity: 406
Merit: 110

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:12:53 AM

I see you are using Windows 7, you should try updating to Windows 10 and get the latest creator's update.
Its the easiest way to build support and compatibility for most mining rigs.
ETNPro (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:21:14 AM

I see you are using Windows 7, you should try updating to Windows 10 and get the latest creator's update.
I was thinking to switch to Linux but i didnt know if is possible to overclock, but about windows 10 if the problem is in the windows i will try the win 10 then.
PowerRangerX

Activity: 30

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:54:03 AM

I was thinking to switch to Linux but i didnt know if is possible to overclock, but about windows 10 if the problem is in the windows i will try the win 10 then.
Yes Linux posible to overclock and its easy. Lot of tutorial for OC on Linux
And
try to change your HDD to SSD, use SSD 60 GB is enough and its cheaper
ETNPro (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:57:56 AM

And
The problem is not in the SSD, the computer freezing and that stuff is something different, before i open thread i switch and try ssd but everything was same.
When i run miner it goes VERRY VERRY SLOW so i cant open anything other untill i close it, but i have 8gb ram and good processor so i hope someone will help me.
I didnt know is possible but if is the OS problem then maybe i switch to linux.
2stout

Activity: 2394
Merit: 595

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:31:05 PM

A couple of other things to perhaps look into/check:  1)  Not sure how much power your rig is consuming but with a 750W PSU, may want to keep power consumption to about 80% of 750W, which is 600W.  2)  Also, there could potentially be some bottle necking with the Core i3-4170 Dual 3.7GHz processor, may need to verify.
mombay

Activity: 299
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:06:21 PM

I think it has nothing to do with any bottle necking to the cpu, because i3 4170 is more than enough to handle the system. RAM size is also good. You might wanna try them in another OS. The problem might came from the OS. I never tried win 7 before, but never had a problem like that one as well in win 10. Worth a shot, see if anything changes.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
   Anonymity Guaranteed
   Anonymous and Untraceable
   Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
nvprominer

Activity: 9

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:59:20 PM

And
The problem is not in the SSD, the computer freezing and that stuff is something different, before i open thread i switch and try ssd but everything was same.
When i run miner it goes VERRY VERRY SLOW so i cant open anything other untill i close it, but i have 8gb ram and good processor so i hope someone will help me.
I didnt know is possible but if is the OS problem then maybe i switch to linux.

I would suggest you try nvOC, optimized Linux mining OS for nvidia GPU's. I am using nvOC 19-2.0 Community Release and I am very satisfied with it.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.0
SubutaiKHAN

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:24:01 PM

Agreed with the others, may be a compatibility issue with a Windows 7 vs 10 issue.
ETNPro (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:53:43 PM

Thanks i will try Windows 10 or some linux like that nvoc or some other and tell you if is better.
ETNPro (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 08:25:32 AM

Installed Windows 10 and all updates same problem and same thing also i edited virtual memory to 8192 but it start slow working when i run miner, i follow task manager cpu is fine ram is fine Sad
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 08:36:36 AM

It happens on alot of algos. Not a big deal as I see it, but to reduce the effect increase your swap file size and/or add more RAM.

ETNPro (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2018, 08:47:46 AM

It happens on alot of algos. Not a big deal as I see it, but to reduce the effect increase your swap file size and/or add more RAM.

Why to add more ram when i have 8GB? And why to increase swap?
Commie

Activity: 621
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:38:49 AM

Why to add more ram when i have 8GB? And why to increase swap?
Swap (or virtual RAM) is very important. Mine is set to 40-60Gb for 8 card rig. 8Mb RAM is enough.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: