Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:15:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin required to pay taxes?  (Read 1940 times)
timotron

Activity: 924
Merit: 281

Trooper Founder & CEO

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2018, 11:07:32 AM

As of the moment my country don't required  us to pay taxes. But if the time comes that they will put tax on bitcoin. We can't do anything but to obey what our government will implement. As long as the tax will use to help other people.

what is your county?

Trooper is a suite of tools for the gaming ecosystem, our first tool is a dedicated job portal for gamers to get engaged, all wrapped around the Trooper token MEDAL - $MDL
https://linktr.ee/trooperjobs

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Carrelmae10

Activity: 588
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 12:52:44 PM

..the implementation of bitcoin tax depends upon on what country you belong..there are many countries that treat bitcoin as assets so they impose tax on it..others don't recognized bitcoin..some treat bitcoins as a source of income..but they don't impose tax on it..the legality of Bitcoin depends upon on how people use it..

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
izanagi narukami
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1028

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 04:48:41 PM

IMO, bitcoin is an asset just like gold so do you think when we have gold, we must pay tax ?
Just because bitcoin able act as currency , it require to pay a tax ? I don't think so because bitcoin and fiat are completely different.

Bitcoin is bitcoin , an ordinary investment asset but it has unique advantage as fiat

Smiley
CoinPocket

Activity: 219
Merit: 20

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2018, 05:59:19 PM

I don't get it how a goverment can get taxes from citizen which got bitcoins if bitcoin is an anonymous asset?
But authorities could easily put taxes on crypto exchanges, so every transaction could already include tax values, so make it easer to ordinary  crypto investors.
At the same time, sure the cryptomarket needs stability and crypto enthusiasts need clear rules to follow.

Buzzex Exchange - Revolutionary New Cryptocurrency Exchange - Claim 100 FREE BZX Coins!

JOIN: BUZZEX.IO
DeadCoin

Activity: 1246
Merit: 261

★ Investor | Trader | Promoter

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 08:37:56 AM
Last edit: October 08, 2018, 04:10:37 AM by DeadCoin

Depends upon the country where you live. I live in a country where either bitcoin is banned nor accepted, hence i do not require to pay tax to my bitcoin earnings. We do have countries who have rules on paying tax to bitcoin earnings. Few have less percentage to be paid as tax, few do charge more which is really not welcomed. Its good to pay though and i will do so if my country allows and creates facilities to earn bitcoin. Worth paying my government tax if it supports me its citizens by creating rooms to earn bitcoin and other crypto currencies. 
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 05:40:17 PM

As of the moment my country don't required  us to pay taxes. But if the time comes that they will put tax on bitcoin. We can't do anything but to obey what our government will implement. As long as the tax will use to help other people.
You are unknowingly evading your taxes which is also illegal. Bitcoin even if it is a new asset or kind of cryptocurrency was never exempted from taxes and anyone who was under in that kind of impression/thinking is not paying their taxes right. If you are simply earning from your cryptocurrency you can be taxed may it be income tax or capital gains you still need to pay. If I were you I will start paying my taxes right before a random audit happens to you.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 07:47:58 PM

You are unknowingly evading your taxes which is also illegal. Bitcoin even if it is a new asset or kind of cryptocurrency was never exempted from taxes and anyone who was under in that kind of impression/thinking is not paying their taxes right. If you are simply earning from your cryptocurrency you can be taxed may it be income tax or capital gains you still need to pay. If I were you I will start paying my taxes right before a random audit happens to you.
But how could you pay the tax that the government did not implement of paying tax from crypto earnings? That scenario is just what like happens here in my country, the government did not implement on that having tax or forcing us to pay tax. Besides, our government recognized that bitcoin is an alternate currency here. Even me I don't be hesitated to contribute tax I know that in that way I help the economic growth problem.

jossiel

Activity: 2982
Merit: 632

View Profile
October 06, 2018, 09:47:15 PM

I won't go through with any political discussion but that's what a law abiding citizen must do, pay taxes if the government will require. But time will tell when adoption comes, expect that it will be taxed.

There are countries now that are obliging their people to pay taxes depending on the profit they made with crypto's, not only with bitcoin.

Signature for rent
gayletot

Activity: 323

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 08:18:42 AM

I know there is no tax paid for bitcoin. many countries do not accept bitcoin and crypto, this is because they do not know how to tax it. Governments of different countries can hardly accept the crypto especially and there is a bank first initial blocking it.

buy instagram followers

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:27:21 PM

No bitcoins do not required taxes but why use bitcoins.  Buy instagram followers at https://myigfollowers.com in cheap price via paypal.
gregory04ui

Activity: 4

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:30:33 PM

10% referral bonus is issued in the cryptocurrency which your invitee used for payment (BTC, BCH, ETH, LTC). You will see the bonus in your personal account

Write to me
Escan0r

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 10, 2018, 07:42:01 PM

Britain, Japan and so on are tax on Bitcoin, China's behavior such as Bitcoin transactions is not tax, which is why? What will happen?
If Bitcoin needs to pay taxes, what are the taxation links? Which taxes include?
If bitcoin does require tax, what will happen to people who hold bitcoin for as long as they hold and their bitcoin reduced? there are only losses that can be and certainly the crypto currency will no longer be the bitcoin holders.
Flor1982

Activity: 714
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 08:34:54 AM

This will depend upon the nation regulation policy if their goverment would declare tax on Bitcoin or not. Although taxation is one of the benefits that a certain country could enjoy but still it will defend if they will just consider the welfare of the people like in Japan in which they imposed less tax on Bitcoin and in Germany in which their is no tax to be collected from the Bitcoin users in their place.
nuninho

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 11, 2018, 10:47:54 AM

The tax issue is a little complicated. Isn't it hard to make the calculation?
Mhd-Bobbi

Activity: 434
Merit: 13

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 04:23:20 PM

Britain, Japan and so on are tax on Bitcoin, China's behavior such as Bitcoin transactions is not tax, which is why? What will happen?
If Bitcoin needs to pay taxes, what are the taxation links? Which taxes include?
Who will control the payment of Bitcoin taxes?
The government has received many taxes, such as building taxes, vehicle taxes, land taxes.
Whereas Bitcoin runs on the internet, how does the government impose taxes?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: