Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:25:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin price in the future  (Read 1968 times)
tkbx (OP)

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:13:04 PM

I've always been skeptical that Bitcoin would ever be worth more than $1000 or so. But I just realized something:

Imagine it's 2025. There are 8 billion people, and between 16 and 20 million BTC. This means that the average person's total liquid wealth will be 0.002 BTC. Just think about that for a minute. If you own even 0.1 BTC, you will be set for life if Bitcoin becomes the world's primary currency.

Maybe I'm the last one to realize this, but I just thought it was pretty interesting.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 07:22:50 PM

Maybe I'm the last one to realize this, but I just thought it was pretty interesting.

you're not the first, but definitely not the last...

BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:42:37 PM

Have you ever watched the video from Tuur Demeester from the Bitcoin 2013 conference?  At about 28 to 30 minutes into the presentation he breaks down what the value of a BTC could be if it becomes mainstream, or the world's reserve currency and it is crazy high numbers.  Pretty exciting for those of us with even a handful of them. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7LQu-eIOO0&list=PLUOP0P68GJ3BGjfqoLLnzAefk3ZzXQtJ7&index=9&noredirect=1

It is nice to dream.  The risk to not invest certainly outweigh the risks of investing, or at least buying a few anyways!

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
gooryheta

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 07:48:09 PM

Imagine it's 2025. There are 8 billion people, and between 16 and 20 million BTC. This means that the average person's total liquid wealth will be 0.002 BTC. Just think about that for a minute. If you own even 0.1 BTC, you will be set for life if Bitcoin becomes the world's primary currency.

I dont believe Bitcoin become anytime the world's primary currency. It will get bigger userbase in future, but not near 8 billion people, maybe around 100 mil is reasonable

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
Peter R
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:07:12 PM

I am very surprised by the people who I'd think would know about BTC but still don't.  I met with an old friend recently who:

1.  is a brilliant engineer,
2.  works in the high-tech sector,
3.  is very interested about global economics, the Fed, money, etc,
4.  is very keen on technology that can shift our social structures,
5.  is young and has discretionary income to invest for his future.

But this person only had a tertiary understanding of bitcoin (until our meeting a few days ago). 

So now, I presume he goes to his lab, shows all the others his Blockchain app and 0.1BTC I gave him, and then this gets a few more people hooked. 

And this is happening every day in cities all over the world.....

Run Bitcoin Unlimited (www.bitcoinunlimited.info)
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:39:59 PM

I am very surprised by the people who I'd think would know about BTC but still don't.  I met with an old friend recently who:

But this person only had a tertiary understanding of bitcoin (until our meeting a few days ago). 

So now, I presume he goes to his lab, shows all the others his Blockchain app and 0.1BTC I gave him, and then this gets a few more people hooked. 

i share your thinking. but i couldn´t resist to post this (don´t be offended) :

Odalv
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 08:51:22 PM

So people who know nothing about math, currency and investing (your intersection) will buy bitcoin ? :-)
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 08:53:25 PM

I am very surprised by the people who I'd think would know about BTC but still don't.  I met with an old friend recently who:

1.  is a brilliant engineer,
2.  works in the high-tech sector,
3.  is very interested about global economics, the Fed, money, etc,
4.  is very keen on technology that can shift our social structures,
5.  is young and has discretionary income to invest for his future.

So people who know nothing about math, currency and investing (your intersection) will buy bitcoin ? :-)

thats a butt load of people!

600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:29:39 PM

I am very surprised by the people who I'd think would know about BTC but still don't.  I met with an old friend recently who:

1.  is a brilliant engineer,
2.  works in the high-tech sector,
3.  is very interested about global economics, the Fed, money, etc,
4.  is very keen on technology that can shift our social structures,
5.  is young and has discretionary income to invest for his future.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/s4IKe.png

thats a butt load of people!

that was my point ... Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: