Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:38:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Meet the people making Crypto mainstream  (Read 1545 times)
sandor111

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2018, 07:08:13 PM

How the insurance thing works
Is it just about giving us the private keys of our accounts?
Or about paying the people if something happens to their assets?

BitCoinage believes one of the things that has to be done in order to provide easier access to cryptocurrencies for greater numbers of people is to plug the security gap. The biggest threats to security in cryptocurrencies are:

- Hacking and/or stolen storage devices
- Forgotten passwords or PINs and
- Damage done to storage devices/media

Homeowner policies are already starting to state if your home burns down they will not be responsible for any crypto you may lose. People must be made to feel much more secure in our space.

We at BitCoinage cannot stop any of these things from happening but we can insure you when they do. BitCoinage will be the first company to offer individuals (not just exchanges) insurance on their holdings.
Never has a company insured individual holdings for both hot and cold storage. We intend to be the first company to insure against hacking, stolen or lost storage devices and forgotten passwords or PINs.

How can BitCoinage do this?

1. BitCoinage will create an affordable multi-level pricing program to best meet the need of our clients based upon the amount of crypto they expect to insure. Our initial programs will insure against hacking up to $500,000.

2. BitCoinage will secure the services of several security professionals in an effort to establish clearly defined safety/security guidelines. These guidelines will instruct our customers on how to best avoid the most common cryptocurrency security pitfalls.

3. We will have a structure in place to house people's passwords and PINs for later retrieval should they choose to take advantage of that service. Clients may also hold their own passwords according to our predefined guidelines.

If you still have additional questions let us know and we'll make sure this is clear.
I think there is huge demand for such service - cryptocurrency assets insurance - and it will be even much much bigger when big companies and investors start buying bitcoins.

I was wondering, how can you insure against hacking in fiat value? I mean if I pay for your service, I send 20 bitcoins to you to keep them safe, and then you get hacked, are you going to refund the value of those 20 bitcoins at the time when I signed insurance contract, or you will calculate how much those 20 bitcoins are worth on the day of hack and refund me the new potentially much higher amount in fiat?

Chomsy
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 10:57:10 AM

Hmmm.. This one seems quite good. I will make a reach on it though.
MJ@BitCoinage

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:23:37 PM

BitCoinage believes one of the things that has to be done in order to provide easier access to cryptocurrencies for greater numbers of people is to plug the security gap. The biggest threats to security in cryptocurrencies are:

Homeowner policies are already starting to state if your home burns down they will not be responsible for any crypto you may lose. People must be made to feel much more secure in our space.

We at BitCoinage cannot stop any of these things from happening but we can insure you when they do. BitCoinage will be the first company to offer individuals (not just exchanges) insurance on their holdings.
Never has a company insured individual holdings for both hot and cold storage. We intend to be the first company to insure against hacking, stolen or lost storage devices and forgotten passwords or PINs.

1. BitCoinage will create an affordable multi-level pricing program to best meet the need of our clients based upon the amount of crypto they expect to insure. Our initial programs will insure against hacking up to $500,000.

2. BitCoinage will secure the services of several security professionals in an effort to establish clearly defined safety/security guidelines. These guidelines will instruct our customers on how to best avoid the most common cryptocurrency security pitfalls.

3. We will have a structure in place to house people's passwords and PINs for later retrieval should they choose to take advantage of that service. Clients may also hold their own passwords according to our predefined guidelines.

If you still have additional questions let us know and we'll make sure this is clear.
I think there is huge demand for such service - cryptocurrency assets insurance - and it will be even much much bigger when big companies and investors start buying bitcoins.

I was wondering, how can you insure against hacking in fiat value? I mean if I pay for your service, I send 20 bitcoins to you to keep them safe, and then you get hacked, are you going to refund the value of those 20 bitcoins at the time when I signed insurance contract, or you will calculate how much those 20 bitcoins are worth on the day of hack and refund me the new potentially much higher amount in fiat?

You can insure your car, you can insure your jewelry and some actresses have even insured their legs... none of which needs to be sent to a central location. So people will keep their privet keys. They will just need to hold them according to our security guidelines. The 500,000 in fiat is mentioned to be a representative amount we will not actually insure in fiat, so we don't have to say this number in Bitcoin, that number in Ether etc. etc. because we will be insuring many different kinds of cryptocurrencies.
MJ@BitCoinage

View Profile
April 30, 2018, 01:30:26 PM

Take a look at the explainer video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nb4DgRIPwLQ
and whitepaper https://www.bitcoinage.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/WP-Version-III-1.pdf for more details.
Crypto Sway

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 02:08:19 AM

You can insure your car, you can insure your jewelry and some actresses have even insured their legs... none of which needs to be sent to a central location. So people will keep their privet keys. They will just need to hold them according to our security guidelines. The 500,000 in fiat is mentioned to be a representative amount we will not actually insure in fiat, so we don't have to say this number in Bitcoin, that number in Ether etc. etc. because we will be insuring many different kinds of cryptocurrencies.

Being that Insurance is one of the biggest industries in the world I agree that this idea will be latched on to by many. The idea of covering individual holdings for the first time of many coins up to $500k that is a going to be a huge safety net like other insurances will provide a feeling of reassurance in case of wallets being stolen/lost. I can't wait to be able to insure my tokens with the security shotcomings of Crypto industry.
SS@BitCoinage

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 01:17:02 AM

@Chomsy let us know if you have any questions or feedback for us, thanks!
kokorellos

Activity: 35

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:46:19 PM

Vero nice project
SS@BitCoinage

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:11:04 AM

Vero nice project

Thanks @Kokorellos for your positive vibes, welcome to our community, see you in our Discord: https://discordapp.com/channels/421094641971101697/421094641971101699
MJ@BitCoinage

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:17:32 PM

Bounty post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3387165.msg35686147#msg35686147
ronealdenila
Copper Member

Activity: 191
Merit: 1

Telegram Username: @Webn_BountyManager

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:17:01 AM

Gonna research more about this project. seems very interesting. Almost convinced me to invest.

Offers affordable and well-managed Bounty Campaign
MJ@BitCoinage

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:31:24 AM
Last edit: May 30, 2018, 10:20:18 PM by MJ@BitCoinage

Gonna research more about this project. seems very interesting. Almost convinced me to invest.

Fantastic @Ronealdenila, welcome to our community feel free to join the discussion on Discord: https://discord.gg/fk755t6 . We encourage you to read our wp, watch our youtube video and stay tuned for the latest info. on BitCoinage.

Our presale begins soon, if you're not a citizen of the USA or CHINA you can participate through a purchase link on our website (only purchase XBCN through our site for your protection).

Any questions or comments feel free to let us know what interests you the most about our project.

teoco161

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 09:31:45 AM

Could you explan to me why we should use your hybrid area ? I still not get what exactly your mean . So you guys are like an escrew service or something ?
jacob161

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 10:24:50 AM

The BitCoinage Exchange will be the first exchange built from the ground up for non-tech people. Hope to see your UX/UI trading platform . Do you guys plan to build an ios/android app like binance . Cause nowadays and future people tend to use app for trading than laptop. If you can do this . this will create a good effect .
danie161

Activity: 82

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 12:03:23 PM

Could you explan to me why we should use your hybrid area ? I still not get what exactly your mean . So you guys are like an escrew service or something ?

Yes . Agree your question ? give us the reason why we should you hybrid area . also explain in deatail what is exatly this area about ?
teoco162

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:19:12 PM

The BitCoinage Exchange will be the first exchange built from the ground up for non-tech people. Hope to see your UX/UI trading platform . Do you guys plan to build an ios/android app like binance . Cause nowadays and future people tend to use app for trading than laptop. If you can do this . this will create a good effect .

can’t more agree . Binance app is awesome . It fast and easy to use . if this project could develope as binance . i think it will be very potential
Oscar1979

Activity: 92

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:59:54 PM

Is there any official announcement channel where I can follow news
William1978

Activity: 76

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:03:04 PM

I see that your project mentione this part : “ ai/machine learning” . So this program will learn and predict the behavior of traders to provide positive signal right ?
James1977

Activity: 74

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:48:13 PM

This is a very promising project! I am also very curious when the bounty campaign will be launched. Will it be announced here?
cryptobaboon

Activity: 1498
Merit: 556

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:20:33 AM

This is a very promising project! I am also very curious when the bounty campaign will be launched. Will it be announced here?

Bounty program was already launched, check the main thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3387165 Wink
Masteriano4423

Activity: 152

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 02:25:24 AM

I see that your project mentione this part : “ ai/machine learning” . So this program will learn and predict the behavior of traders to provide positive signal right ?

I think this ai program will show price prediction and help traders have more signal before make an decision before make a trade .
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: