Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:50:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I wonder how to monetise my travel blog for bitcoins  (Read 4577 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 09:00:35 PM

Hi
I know I don't get much of a chance to visit the forum due to a full time film project taking up nearly all of my time (but will be worth it in the end) but since I see my travel blog keeps getting more visitors each day and Adsense doesn't give me enough to help me invest in and make the travel blog better,I'm hoping to see what solutions people in the Bitcoin world can offer me to address this since the only option for me (has to be easy to understand and implement) is either Google Adsense or Bitcoins.

I started by posting a listing on bitmit.net offering an ad slot for sale (for a 1 month term) like so: https://www.bitmit.net/en/item/66835-ad-space-for-1-month but since I need to make a fair amount of revenue to help make blog improvements (content is king but so is saving up for a more reliable/feature packed host to improve the user experience for everyone who visits) what other solutions can be looked at from the Bitcoin world?

I look forward to your suggestions.Thanks Smiley

[This signature is available for rent.BTC/ETH/LTC or £50 equivalent a month]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 09:03:11 PM

You can write your blog on devtome and get paid per word.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 09:06:54 PM

You can write your blog on devtome and get paid per word.
I don't quite follow what you mean.Could you please elaborate on this as I'm not too familiar with the Bitcoin world as things change so fast now that it's hard for me to follow?
Also my travel blog is www.film2240.blogspot.com as work on the other blog was discontinued for quite some time due to too many personal commitments at the moment.

I know I posted a bitmit link is this ok to advertise the listing on this forum (in the same place where others advertise rent out their sigs)?

Thanks for any suggestions. Smiley

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:42:33 AM

Well, it's not so great to be "advertising" your bitmit post, as you say, at least not in Service Discussion. At any rate though, the issue is moreover that you'll need to provide something of value before seeking to make money off of it. To that end, have a read here.

If all you're interested in is getting BTC for totally unrelated non-services tho', you're not at all in the right place.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 07:53:39 PM

Well, it's not so great to be "advertising" your bitmit post, as you say, at least not in Service Discussion. At any rate though, the issue is moreover that you'll need to provide something of value before seeking to make money off of it. To that end, have a read here.

If all you're interested in is getting BTC for totally unrelated non-services tho', you're not at all in the right place.
I've seen people advertise ad space on their websites for BTC and get this done successfully yet when I do it it's 'odd'.I mean this is no different to what the rest of the community does.I just posted here to get a guide/some leads and finally get somewhere with trading/earning some BTC without fuss (reason I moved to the mac is the 'just works' experience I get which my PC never did give me.I see BTC 'just works' for everyone else so I thought why not me?) as a new concept is of no value to me if I can't earn it trouble free (just pick any marketplace that my blog appeals to,post listing and be done with it.)

I'm a bit puzzled.Are you saying that people who have nothing to do with BTC have no right to trade?As I'm not sure what your message is.Please clarify is what I'm saying.

Show me some leads instead of just saying I'm not in the right place as this creates a very rude impression of BTC for people like me.If you can't help,please just say so and remove the confusion from the equation.Thanks.

I'll see if anyone else has more helpful/productive replies to my query here. Smiley

MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:38:46 PM

I've seen people advertise ad space on their websites for BTC and get this done successfully yet when I do it it's 'odd'.I mean this is no different to what the rest of the community does.I just posted here to get a guide/some leads and finally get somewhere with trading/earning some BTC without fuss (reason I moved to the mac is the 'just works' experience I get which my PC never did give me.I see BTC 'just works' for everyone else so I thought why not me?) as a new concept is of no value to me if I can't earn it trouble free (just pick any marketplace that my blog appeals to,post listing and be done with it.)

I'm a bit puzzled.Are you saying that people who have nothing to do with BTC have no right to trade?As I'm not sure what your message is.Please clarify is what I'm saying.

Erm, listen, if you're going to post on a Bitcoin forum, in the Service Discussion subforum, about monetizing your blog, then yes, the general expectation will be that your blog has something to do with Bitcoin, in which case, why not state it and work from there?

This isn't a discussion about "rights". The idea is that if you have a BTC-related service which you want to make BTC with then it's time to restructure your presentation of it (cause ATM that's not clear). And if that's not the case, why exactly are you asking around here? If you want to make BTC you'll need to offer something that people with BTC want. I'm not sure how a travel blog fits that description, but if you think it does why not go ahead and state your case?

If you're truly uninterested in all of this you can just slap an address on your blog somewhere and offer to rent ad space or whatever, and I guess hope for the best.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 03:32:41 AM

Put a QR code in the sidebar with your bitcoin address for donations.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 07:44:06 AM

Service Discussion: Discussing about existing Services (e.g. MtGox etc.)
Project Development: "I have an idea, how do I implement feature X/is it feasible?"

Your post falls into category 2 imho.

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
film2240 (OP)
Legendary

Freelance videographer

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 03:29:34 PM

Service Discussion: Discussing about existing Services (e.g. MtGox etc.)
Project Development: "I have an idea, how do I implement feature X/is it feasible?"

Your post falls into category 2 imho.
I see I didn't realise there were 2 different sections on this forum for these kinds of matters as they both have similar sounding names.Basically I want to sell Ad space for BTC on my travel blog (think of me renting out my signature but replicated on my blog instead).

I'll add a QR BTC donate code alongside a planned PayPal donate (buy me a drink feature) button as I want to maximise revenue to fund further developments.Thanks to joesmoe2012 for that idea (with the BTC QR code).I plan to do this on top of selling ad space as I want to reach a target (a future development fund that helps me to fund further developments regardless of the UKs economic situation as the blog still needs further work.It's about half way done but needs refining.)

Since my post is self moderated,how can I move it to the right area?As it's clear to me now that it's not in the right place.Thanks Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: