Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:51:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BitCoin Stock and Bonds  (Read 644 times)
Jmm07e (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:05:05 AM

I have noticed some people attempting to start a stock and bond exchange using bitcoins.

I have also noticed a lot of ignorance at work in this department.

Exchanges are very powerful things.  For instance the New York Stock Exchange is the biggest in the world.  A BitCoin Exchange would not be able to compete.  In my brokerage account I place a order to buy a stock with cash and then someone in Wall street buys the stock from someone else who is trying to sell the stock.  They match buyers and sellers.  Companies that are only listed in the NYSE are traded there.  There is also already an electronic exchange called the NASDAQ.  Computers are set up to exchange stock for money.

BUT what if we could trade BitCoins for stock certificates and bond certificates?  This is what we are trying to accomplish.  We could eliminate these transaction costs.

How do we get companies to list their stock on an exchange using bitcoins?

Can we just set up a website that uses bitcoins to buy and sell stock in these other exchanges?  This is where the NICHE occurs.  We could set up a website similar to E-Trade that buys and sells stock and bonds and ETFs using BitCoins.  This would become amazing.  It would make an instant exchange of money to stock.  There is tones of waiting periods from transferring money to accounts and brokers that takes close to a week from a financial institution.

So how do we go about creating this website?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
psychogilgamesh

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 04:07:47 AM

Good luck.

Btct.co is shutting down. Bitfunder.com is no longer accepting customers in the US.

Havelock investments is the only US based stock exchange available currently and even teh existing ones seem to be afraid of the US gov't killing it via stupid regulations.
Sprionk

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 05:26:31 AM

I think it'd be too much at risk from regulation if you based the exchange in the US or another country like that. Perhaps you could convince companies that are strongly connected with the BTC market to start listing and then grow from there?
fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 11:57:19 AM

I have noticed some people attempting to start a stock and bond exchange using bitcoins.

I have also noticed a lot of ignorance at work in this department.

Exchanges are very powerful things.  For instance the New York Stock Exchange is the biggest in the world.  A BitCoin Exchange would not be able to compete.  In my brokerage account I place a order to buy a stock with cash and then someone in Wall street buys the stock from someone else who is trying to sell the stock.  They match buyers and sellers.  Companies that are only listed in the NYSE are traded there.  There is also already an electronic exchange called the NASDAQ.  Computers are set up to exchange stock for money.

BUT what if we could trade BitCoins for stock certificates and bond certificates?  This is what we are trying to accomplish.  We could eliminate these transaction costs.

How do we get companies to list their stock on an exchange using bitcoins?

Can we just set up a website that uses bitcoins to buy and sell stock in these other exchanges?  This is where the NICHE occurs.  We could set up a website similar to E-Trade that buys and sells stock and bonds and ETFs using BitCoins.  This would become amazing.  It would make an instant exchange of money to stock.  There is tones of waiting periods from transferring money to accounts and brokers that takes close to a week from a financial institution.

So how do we go about creating this website?

There is already many stocks and bond website. Just that, the government is closing them down one by one so you can forget about it.

Some example: Btct.co, havelock and bitfunder

netsurf83

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 01:06:13 PM

Good luck to them. I doubt it will get off the ground. If it does kudos and hope it doesnt shutdown.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: