Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:19:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ✽ CRYPTOCITIES.NET - BLOCKCHAIN GAMING PLATFORM ✽ [ANN]  (Read 461 times)
Asgeirsk (OP)

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:14:47 PM

A few minutes ago, we had our first 50lp city discovered. A month after release!

https://cryptocities.net/loc/6372

https://i.imgur.com/iPHQNJ1.png
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:48:03 AM

Our twitter is up and running! https://twitter.com/Cryptocitiesnet
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:09:56 AM

You can find our roadmap here: https://cryptocities.net/roadmap
FrankWatsonJr

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2018, 08:13:30 AM

this looks like a neat game
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 21, 2018, 08:02:16 AM

this looks like a neat game

Hi! Thank you! We have the trading platform up and running! Feel free to drop by. Are you into games on the blockchain?
Khan_Among_Lions

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:49:57 AM

Man this game is so elite!! Hard to compete with the hardballers gunning for the big cities.
Still, it gives it real game vibes. Can't wait for the next jump in the roadmap. <3
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 06:14:47 AM

Alpha API is coming along. Will be introduced to selected developers in the upcoming days!
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:52:27 AM

Man this game is so elite!! Hard to compete with the hardballers gunning for the big cities.
Still, it gives it real game vibes. Can't wait for the next jump in the roadmap. <3

Hi! Thats right. Some of the big guys are really pushing it to get the biggest city!
spacelab

Activity: 528
Merit: 250

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 09:56:08 AM

What is the game about? And when will be the road map ready?)
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:55:53 AM

What is the game about? And when will be the road map ready?)

Hi there! This is currently a platform for games. We are developing an API so other can easily make games using this platform

This platform includes a market and premium assets. You can find the roadmap here: https://cryptocities.net/roadmap

But; If you consider flipping, investing and earning Ether a "game", well then is is up and running already  Wink
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 08:40:17 PM

The Alpha API is now ready for developers who wants to create games! Please join our discord: https://discord.gg/4TEM5vA #chat-dev for more info
Khan_Among_Lions

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:32:00 PM

I joined the discord and just have to say, it's a really great place. Such a good place to ask about the game and learn how to play it better for both short term and long term. Already got a few cities now. Just have to think how to best prepare for the next step. Great job devs.

I think I can quite easily double my money that i've put in, according to my calculations, once locations become scarce. This will be fun.  Smiley
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:33:25 AM

I think I can quite easily double my money that i've put in, according to my calculations, once locations become scarce. This will be fun.  Smiley

You are not the only one thinking this. There are others going down the exact same path now. In what countries are your cities, may I ask?
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 06:38:49 PM

The Alpha API is up. You can find info here: https://cryptocities.net/api_info

Please join discord and ask Dev Dave for key if you want to try this out!
The_Rock111

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 02:34:03 PM

Guys come and enjoy while you ear some ETH.  Kiss  Kiss  Kiss
CHIMAN

Activity: 4

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:40:53 PM

definitely excited about this, currently holding a 75 point country.
valivarthi

Activity: 180

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:41:39 PM

Based on the Ethereum network, Cryptocities.net is a gaming platform that is already up and running!

We are currently looking for developers who want to create games, using our upcoming API as a platform

Website - Reddit - Discord Chat - Twitter - Roadmap - FAQ - ANN

Crypto Asset for Games

At it's heart CryptoCities is a platform for games running in the blockchain. It provides locations as crypto assets that can be used in games. If you own an location in CryptoCities you own it in any game that uses the platform.

Game Dynamics: Rather than do a token sale or ICO, we've built our seeding process with game dynamics in mind. Location assets have to be earned through discovery, and this is gamified using points and experience. Those who do well at discovery stand in line to profit the most from the assets they collect.
API: Games will be able to integrate with CryptoCities via both the blockchain and a REST API. Using the API they will be able to query location, ownership, feature, and points information. We also have plans to provide meta data for all locations allowing developers to create even richer game experiences.
Developer Commissions: We believe developers should be rewarded for their work, so they will receive commission for asset sales made via their games. This commission system is built directly into our Ethereum smart contract.
Network Effect: A player that owns a location will automatically be able to use that location in every game that uses CryptoCities. That means that players entering the ecosystem via one game are likely to try out other games too, especially if they have an economic incentive to do so. We feel that this will create a strong network effect.

Trade & Profit (Sustainably)

With so many 'fly-by-nights' in the crypto space, we're proud to set our sights on creating a crypto asset with real long-term utility. Here are some key features:

Limited Supply: There is a limited supply of locations in CryptoCities. During the discovery process we validate the coordinates of the discovered location, and ensure that no duplicates exist. It is also validated as appearing on Google Maps by human moderators. The latitude and longitude is then immutably recorded in the blockchain forever. Once discovered it can not be changed or destroyed, it can only be traded. We estimate that there will be a total supply of roughly 1 million location assets once the discovery process concludes.
Early Mover Advantage: The discovery process has a time and experience element to it. It takes multiple discoveries before larger more-valuable locations can be discovered, effectively creating a race to get to the most valuable discoveries. We have structured this process so that users can trade and profit from the assets they collect.
Increasing Utility: As games start to integrate with CryptoCities, locations will start to take on increasing utility. Players may need locations with certain features in order to achieve certain goals, and they will seek out these features in the marketplace. They may also need to control regions of a game world, and will seek to acquire locations within these regions in order to do so.
Increasing Demand: Speculation is a strong driver in the crypto space, and we expect some speculative traders to buy these assets in anticipation of new games and players needing them. Although this is not core to our business model, it will provide positive liquidity to the market for these assets.
Your Funds: We don't want to hold your earnings for you, so our default process is to pay out marketplace earnings immediately to the seller. This has been built directly into our smart contract.
Fee Optimized: We have set low marketplace fees at 3.5% in order to facilitate trading and long-term adoption. We have also highly optimized our smart contract to keep gas costs as low as possible. We are proud to be able acheive gas usage as low as 30k to 50k for most transactions. This means that Ethereum gas fees are a few cents in non-congested times.

Asset, Location, or Token?

You can classify this as a Non-Fungible Token for games, although we tend to use the terms asset or location. You can also call these towns or cities, although some places are technically small-holdings, hamlets, and villages.

No Token Sale: We decided against doing a token sale because we felt that the discovery process would be better for long-term adoption. Rather than asking you to send us all your cash up-front, our business model is built on the premise that we'll make money if you make money

Owners, Players, or Crypto Investors?

CryptoCities is unique in how it brings gamers and crypto investors together. As one of the first game platforms built on Ethereum, it will allow developers to create games with strong economic incentives. We've built it so that everyone gets a piece of the value created: from the person that discovers a location, to the player that owns and uses it, all the way through to the game developer that integrates with it. We feel it provides an ownership layer that will revolutionize games going forward.

All locations will be available for discovery. Discoveries start small, but grow in size as your points increase. You will need to own at least one location before you can make a discovery. The race will be on to see who will discover the high-value mega-cities!

As per usual in blockchain gaming, there are some bigger "assets" moving aswell. Countries, Continents and the world can be bought for an ever increasing price. The owner of these gets dividends from trades done in the areas. For example; If you own China, and Beijing is sold from one player to another, you get dividends from that sale.

Official representative and Community Manager (me): Slush (Discord), Asgeisk (Reddit), Asgeirsk (Bitcointalk), or directly to Developer: info (a) cryptocities not net / discord Dev Dave
Khan_Among_Lions

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 06:41:06 AM

I think I can quite easily double my money that i've put in, according to my calculations, once locations become scarce. This will be fun.  Smiley

You are not the only one thinking this. There are others going down the exact same path now. In what countries are your cities, may I ask?

I have one or two in the UK, one or two in America, quite a few randoms spread in Finland, Italy, New Zealand, Australia, Croatia, Germany, Belgium.
So much fun finding these.  Grin

Btw, i've noticed that the website now has an enhancing option? This is exciting and new. How can I best take advantage of this new feature, and how does it fit in with the future of the game?  Shocked
rymanbc

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:08:05 PM

Btw, i've noticed that the website now has an enhancing option? This is exciting and new. How can I best take advantage of this new feature, and how does it fit in with the future of the game?  Shocked

I'm curious as well about this.  Has anyone else been using this feature so far and has some tips about how to use it best?
Asgeirsk (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 07:24:27 AM

I'm curious as well about this.  Has anyone else been using this feature so far and has some tips about how to use it best?

There are loads of people using this feature!

City Enhancement is a powerful way for us to get players to decide which locations will be important on the platform.
It’s also a great way to utilize smaller locations that may not be useful currently. It allows these locations to transfer their value to the larger locations.

Tips about how to use it best? Join our discord and talk to the major players! Much recommended.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: