Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hodl or do I realize the loss?  (Read 880 times)
r00 (OP)

Activity: 38
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:26:59 PM

Hello to all,

I invested in Crypterium ICO a lot of money, from business plan I was going to keep CRPT Token until Q3 2018. We are still in Q1 is true, but mathematically, according to my calculations, CRPT token can not reach the result I was hoping for. I made about 90% loss from the amount invested. What do I do? Do I continue to Hodl or do I realize this huge loss? To get back on track I need at least 2/3 full points and I do not think the token can do it.

Did you invest in CRPT? Do you think you can do it?
Osiris0

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:31:52 PM

You should choose it by yourself. If there is absolutely no signs that this product will be used in reality - so maybe it is better to say goodbuy to it. I have heared that the losses are not exactly losses if you know what I mean. And the one should lose a lot to gain something else. So do not be sad. Crypto will gain huge flow of funds, so maybe it is better to hodl. Personally I would HODL. Just Hodl. And nothing more.
alexbs

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:52:38 PM

I do not want to convince anyone, you have to make this decision only based on your actual need for money. If you do not need them for daily needs keep holding them.

I am not going to sell, I will hold cryptos, buying and selling altcoin, but keeping a solid amount of btc/eth/iota. Blockchain technology and its evolution (Dag/Tangle or any other new protocol) will be the future and I don't want to witness this revolution as a spectator.

Selling everything, I could give myself many gorgeous presents, but I want to risk everything and try to change my life.
Bananiheller

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:25:39 PM

This is a decision you must make for yourself. If you really need money, of course sell. It seems to me that in any case you lost this battle and lost money. I usually keep tokens until the scheduled time, despite the price. Can you explain to me. Why do you think the price will not be reached?
Iamlegit4sure

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

💲

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:26:46 PM

first, i usually relize the loss. THEN i just hold. this way, any new upswing of the market feels like a profit for me Cheesy it's not the best strategy but hey, it is working for me, for now ahah Grin

SiDtHeBeSt

Activity: 420
Merit: 106

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:34:24 PM

I think holding would be the only option you have. After a 90% of loss 10% would hardly be something(depends on amount amount you invested). So, if there are a little bit of chances for the coin to go up, it would and you would recover a little bit of your money. If you sell you'll still be in a huge loss. So, I would suggest you to hold.
boyjackyou

Activity: 301
Merit: 11

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:41:04 PM

Hello to all,

I invested in Crypterium ICO a lot of money, from business plan I was going to keep CRPT Token until Q3 2018. We are still in Q1 is true, but mathematically, according to my calculations, CRPT token can not reach the result I was hoping for. I made about 90% loss from the amount invested. What do I do? Do I continue to Hodl or do I realize this huge loss? To get back on track I need at least 2/3 full points and I do not think the token can do it.

Ypu shpuld have done your own research before investing to any of these projects so that you will set your expections,loosing with that amount is too hard to believed but if you have done your research and found this project with a lot of potentials,believed in it because the good projects will find its ways to be at the top,hold if you believed this project will still recover.

green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:42:21 PM

not a bad idea to claim the losses and lower your taxes. Depends on your strategy and whether your a good citizen and actually pay your taxes.
nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:50:17 PM

Hello to all,

You should be holding these tokens if you really believed to the project,because if it has good product/services to offer it will find its way to the top.You shouldnt be worried because successful projects also has this dumps,just wait for the market to go bull run and im sure you will be making a lot of money if this project is really good.

xda-developer

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:54:34 PM

Hello to all,

I think that you should wait till the end of the year. HOLD it is is first rule of crypto. Total cap of Crypterium $29 182 064 USD - it is nothing, I think they can make x10 from current price.

ukw

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:55:47 PM

Hello to all,

I personally am not familiar with the project you are talking about, so I can not give you advice.
But maybe I would hold the coins at least until they are of equal value to what I have invested.
There is no point in selling them at a loss. Either way, you have already given the money.  Smiley

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
cesarzgamer

Activity: 209

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:56:06 PM

This is your decision but i think you should hold the tokens. First i think you should explain why you think the price won't grow. If by any chance it will grow then you can still earn something. But decision depends on you anyway.
BettingTips

Activity: 238
Merit: 102

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:00:04 PM

I think you should keep holding all CRPT token till Q3 or maybe Q4 of this year. Nothing is predictable in this crypto world, maybe you can become billionaire after one day. Crypterium is one out the best ICO projects in Q4 2017 so I believe it'll be very successful and their token will go to the moon soon Smiley. You should know that Q1 is not a good time for all cryptocurrencies on the coin market cause there are always a lot of big dumps in this time so try to hold your token till Q4, the best time for all coins.

weav

Activity: 350

- "Bitcore (BTX) - Airdrops every Monday"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:01:07 PM

No one can make that decision for you , but you invested for a reason. Unless something significantly changed with the project and you lost believe is see no reason to sell. You haven't lost anything till the moment you sell, just remember that.

sabakamedvet

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

Get Paid to Play your Media on Current

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:09:30 PM

Hello to all,

I also invested (after ICO at higher price than ICO...). I will hold it but I didnt invest much so its not a huge lose anyways for my part. If I were you I think I would realise the loss but its hard advice to give since I could be wrong...

▃▃  ────▾ CURRENT ▾────  ▃▃
█ ▁ Get Paid to Play All Your Media ▁ █ (http://current.us/)
Muhammad Muneeb

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:10:15 PM

Hello to all,

you should not sell any crypto at the moment it is the wrost time to sell any crypto.. Crypterium is not a bad project you just need to wait for 2019. i was reading a post in telegram that Mt gtox hacekrs have sold 36000 btc on binance and there is news that they still has 16000 btcs.. so 2019 will be a bullish year.. what you will get by selling crpt at 90% loss? 10$ for every 100$ you have invested? i will suggest you to hold

cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:10:28 PM

If your ICO is a good project,you should hold the tokens if you are not sure of that you should do your research now so you would know if you it is worth to HOLD or to sell them off,you should have done some research so that you wont lose big amounts of investments,researching would be one of the factors why you are going to achieve successful ICOs.

tylerik1

Activity: 392

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:13:08 PM

You should not realize because we are in a bad market situation right now. The whole market is going down and I think we will go up in the next time. We already corrected a lot now it is time buy, not to sell!

maeusi

Activity: 462
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:35:23 PM

If I would be in your situation (and I was already), I would do both, if possible: Hodl and sell. I would keep a part of the ICO coin, as long as the project seems promisable and sell a major part to have little funds for new project, trade or other investment. Crypterium could be a promising project with its planned worlwide crypto bank. The problem on this coin is, that the price was quite high from beginning on.
dogandogru

Activity: 481
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:43:31 PM

The whole market is bleeding now a days so you expect CRPT to rise at this moment. I don't know much about CRPT, but I think you need to HODL it now instead of selling it at such a huge loss. You need to keep a keen eye on CRPT work progress, news and what plan does coin have in near-future.  Soon, the market is expected to rise, I wish you will soon recover your loss.  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: