Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Now We Know Who Sold The Bottom At $6k And Tried To Crash Bitcoin  (Read 421 times)
ahmadoo (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:30:29 PM

And it was this guy – Tokyo whale and Mt.Gox bankrutpcy trustee who sold almost $400 million worth of BTC, some of it at the very bottom on Feb 6th. He crashed the market by 75% by selling the bitcoins in couple of rounds.

The MT Gox trustee has sold half a billion worth of bitcoin and bitcoin cash between December 2017 and February 2018 it was revealed today.

He sold the first batch of 6k bitcoin on December 22nd, sending price from nearly $16,000 to a brief low of $10,800. Then he waited for market to recover and sold another batch of 8k bitcoins on January 17th. Which again produced the same effect – crashed the bitcoin price.

But he is not done yet – he does another sell on January 31st, this time it was around 6k bitcoins. But vast majority of bitcoins was sold on February 6th which implies that he actually tried to crash the market by selling at the bottom.

And guess what – the market absorbed it and jumped back up to $10k.

But what is worrisome is that this same guy has another 180k BTC up his sleeves, that he is looking to sell in the upcoming period and repay the creditors and users who lost their bitcoin in Mt.Gox hack.

This case makes it the fourth time for Mt.Gox to directly or indirectly crash the bitcoin price. First time was hack in 2011, then a DDos in 2013, 2014 is when they went bankrupt and now this sell off.

And as we have said, this trustee has another 180k bitcoins that will probably cause similar crash – that would be 5th or even 6th if he does it in separate batches.

Nevertheless, bitcoin has showed admirable resilience in spite of all the sell offs and this actually indicates that once Mt.Gox saga is over, bitcoin price should skyrocket and reach new highs as many have predicted.

Opinions?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:41:21 PM

Opinions?

Link to reliable reports of the dates and quantities of bitcoins which were sold by the Mt.Gox bankrutpcy trustee?

Huh
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:43:39 PM

And it was this guy – Tokyo whale and Mt.Gox bankrutpcy trustee who sold almost $400 million worth of BTC, some of it at the very bottom on Feb 6th. He crashed the market by 75% by selling the bitcoins in couple of rounds.

The MT Gox trustee has sold half a billion worth of bitcoin and bitcoin cash between December 2017 and February 2018 it was revealed today.

He sold the first batch of 6k bitcoin on December 22nd, sending price from nearly $16,000 to a brief low of $10,800. Then he waited for market to recover and sold another batch of 8k bitcoins on January 17th. Which again produced the same effect – crashed the bitcoin price.

But he is not done yet – he does another sell on January 31st, this time it was around 6k bitcoins. But vast majority of bitcoins was sold on February 6th which implies that he actually tried to crash the market by selling at the bottom.

But what is worrisome is that this same guy has another 180k BTC up his sleeves, that he is looking to sell in the upcoming period and repay the creditors and users who lost their bitcoin in Mt.Gox hack.

This case makes it the fourth time for Mt.Gox to directly or indirectly crash the bitcoin price. First time was hack in 2011, then a DDos in 2013, 2014 is when they went bankrupt and now this sell off.

And as we have said, this trustee has another 180k bitcoins that will probably cause similar crash – that would be 5th or even 6th if he does it in separate batches.

Nevertheless, bitcoin has showed admirable resilience in spite of all the sell offs and this actually indicates that once Mt.Gox saga is over, bitcoin price should skyrocket and reach new highs as many have predicted.

Opinions?

This is the first time I'm seeing this.
source please.
iqbalrozi

Activity: 156
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:45:30 PM

Yes, today I read that Article. But I am confused, why he did that? When Bitcoin price was growing like steady. But This market down is not permanent, In June or July Bitcoin price will increase again and I hope The Crypto market will stable at that time. We can't stop someone to sell their bitcoin, But we can suggest everyone hold bitcoin.
TheQuin

Activity: 2576
Merit: 882

Freebitco.in Support https://bit.ly/2I9BVS2

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:46:22 PM

Opinions?

Link to reliable reports of the dates and quantities of bitcoins which were sold by the Mt.Gox bankrutpcy trustee?

Huh

https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20180307_report.pdf

Scroll down to page 10 for the English translation.

freebitcoin.TO WIN A  LAMBORGHINI!..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
                    ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
                    ▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
                    ▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
                      ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
                           ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
rose9696

Activity: 770
Merit: 10

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:47:39 PM

Yes, today I read that Article. But I am confused, why he did that? When Bitcoin price was growing like steady. But This market down is not permanent, In June or July Bitcoin price will increase again and I hope The Crypto market will stable at that time. We can't stop someone to sell their bitcoin, But we can suggest everyone hold bitcoin.
We can not order anyone to keep or sell bitcoin. The billionaire always has the right to decide everything, this is the disadvantage of those who do not have as much money as us. We must accept the truth and do not let the whales fool our psyche. Be patient and believe in your own investment experience. You will get a profit, otherwise you will lose all your assets.

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:50:55 PM

Opinions?

So this is the reason why bitcoin price is now going down.  Well if this is true then I am just hoping for the best.  I am hoping that bitcoin will again stood up and establish itself.  I am hoping that I will still be able to earn more income as I am earning right now.  Do not care who he is but considering that bitcoin is bitcoin then there is a big chance that it will goes up again.
LSimers313

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:51:42 PM

Yes I read about this a few days ago.
This guy is a Market Crasher lol.

so he has about 180 000  out of 21 000 000 ?

180 k out of 21 million.

wow he still has 8% of All Bitcoins !
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:53:39 PM

Opinions?

Huh
https://www.mtgox.com/img/pdf/20180307_report.pdf

Scroll down to page 10 for the English translation.

I see nothing in that report about specific dates when bitcoins were sold, nor anything about the quantites of bitcoins that were sold on those dates.

Perhaps I overlooked it?  If so, please let me know on which page to find those dates and amounts.
TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 03:57:45 PM

I see nothing in that report about specific dates when bitcoins were sold, nor anything about the quantites of bitcoins that were sold on those dates.

Perhaps I overlooked it?  If so, please let me know on which page to find those dates and amounts.

There's nothing about dates just the quantities.

35,841.00701 BTC
34,008.00701 BCC

https://i.snag.gy/EMpLmk.jpg

onnz423

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

Make winning bets on sports with Sportsbet.io!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:58:18 PM

So there's absolutely no evidence of exactly who the guy is, how much he cashed out, or at what rate he sold them out.

I really don't think one person cashing out $400 million in bitcoin would even crash the market considering that the daily volume is in the tens of billions.

▄▄██████▄▄
  ████████████
███▄▄
 ██████████████▀▀▀██▄
████████████████   ▀██▄
████████████████     ▀██
██████████████       ██▌
██████████████        ▐██
██▌▀▀██████▀▀         ▐██
▐██                   ██▌
 ██▄                 ▄██
  ▀██▄             ▄██▀
    ▀██▄▄▄     ▄▄▄██▀
      ▀▀█████████▀▀

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀   ▄ ▀███▀ ▄   ▀█████
████  ▄████▄ ▀ ▄████▄  ████
███  ▄ ▀███▀ ▄ ▀███▀ ▄  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀ ▄█ ███████ █▄ ▀█  ██
██   ▄███▄ █████ ▄███▄   ██
███  ████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████  ███
████  ▀ ▄ ▀█████▀ ▄ ▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀▄ ███ ▄▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████████████

█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
█▀▀

█▄▄
▀▀█

▄▄█
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:00:51 PM

There's nothing about dates just the quantities.

35,841.00701 BTC
34,008.00701 BCC

Correct.  And ALL of those could have been sold in November.  Or in March. Or spread evenly every day between November and March. Or any other possible arrangement of sell orders and any number of exchanges.

The OP is making sensationalist claims that these bitcoins were specifically sold in specific amounts on dates when the market took a significant dip.  He is claiming that the dip is directly because of the selling of those bitcoins.

I've seen no believable evidence that the OP's claims are anything more than his own wild imagination.
cryptocrusher

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:01:51 PM

So there's absolutely no evidence of exactly who the guy is, how much he cashed out, or at what rate he sold them out.

I really don't think one person cashing out $400 million in bitcoin would even crash the market considering that the daily volume is in the tens of billions.

$400 million would make a huge difference when it's all at once and in once direction. If you ever watched the markets you could see that. It takes not much more than 10m to move the market a lot in one direction or another. The 400m is not in isolation either, there will be large knock on effects.

b e t f o r m ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ SMART CONTRACT POWERED SOCIAL BETTING PLATFORM
                                                     A p p Download ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Google Play   App Store     [ WEB VERSION ]                                 ❱❱JOIN b e t f o r m❰❰
                       F o l l o w us ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ WHITEPAPER TELEGRAM FACEBOOK TWITTER
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:02:55 PM

He is pretty dumb to sell at $6k when he could have sold those Bitcoins for at least above $10k OTC. Don't know how such people are even assigned tasks where they don't have any knowledge of the field.

TheQuin

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 04:04:12 PM

Correct.  And ALL of those could have been sold in November.  Or in March. Or spread evenly every day between November and March. Or any other possible arrangement of sell orders and any number of exchanges.

The OP is making sensationalist claims that these bitcoins were specifically sold in specific amounts on dates when the market took a significant dip.  He is claiming that the dip is directly because of the selling of those bitcoins.

I've seen no believable evidence that the OP's claims are anything more than his own wild imagination.

As a trader, I can confirm that is what moves markets   Grin

But more seriously a little of the movement today probably is related to the release of that document yesterday.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:09:25 PM

He is pretty dumb to sell at $6k when he could have sold those Bitcoins for at least above $10k OTC. Don't know how such people are even assigned tasks where they don't have any knowledge of the field.

Why do you think he sold at $6k?

Don't know how people are even assigned tasks when they believe everything that some random person writes on a public forum.

Yes, today I read that Article.

What article?

I haven't seen any links to any article that states what the OP is saying?  It sounds like a lot of FUD right now.

Yes I read about this a few days ago.
This guy is a Market Crasher lol.

Where did you read this a few days ago?

I haven't seen any links to any article that states what the OP is saying?  It sounds like a lot of FUD right now.
rehydrogenated

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:11:39 PM

This is interesting news, if it is true. It sounds like it is partially true, but the idea that one whale (other than Satoshi Nakamoto), could crash the market them self is a bit far-fetched. We were hitting a very strong technical downpoint and yes, maybe this guy added a lot of fuel to the fire, but if he was selling hard at the bottom he obviously wasn't crashing the market. The market recovered from $6k so I am not sure where you are going with your argument. It is more like "Whale sells alot at $6k. Doesn't manage to make market go down further."
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:57:41 PM

Opinions?
Why don't he send the people the company owes Bitcoins itself so that he doesn't crash the currency and i would also like to know the motive behind him wanting to crush Bitcoin am sure he favors another cryptocurrency thats why he is doing that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
justtheticket

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:05:53 PM

Roger Vers friend probably. Or had his life threatened by friends of the federal reserve. Nothing quite like an effort to crash the currency and create fear.
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:09:26 PM

If he decides to dump that many coins to crash the market he is not doing himself any favours, especially if he is holding a lot more bitcoins. It could actually be a good thing in the long run. It means wider distribution and at a lower price to introduce new blood into crypto

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: