Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:23:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Burnside: Why are you not making BTC-TC code open source?  (Read 992 times)
Skinnkavaj (OP)

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

English Motherfucker do you speak it ?

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:07:11 PM

You are already rich god damn it.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:18:34 PM

Unless the code is modified to conform with legal requirements of the United States Government, (probably not currently possible, but for instance, if you made up your own currency instead of using an established cryptocurrency it might be legal) any purchaser of the code will have to agree to block US citizens from any site utilizing the code.
I'm afraid thats not possible if the code is released as open source.
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:05:19 PM

Unless the code is modified to conform with legal requirements of the United States Government, (probably not currently possible, but for instance, if you made up your own currency instead of using an established cryptocurrency it might be legal) any purchaser of the code will have to agree to block US citizens from any site utilizing the code.
I'm afraid thats not possible if the code is released as open source.
open source, release as no warranty.
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 02:03:18 PM

"You're rich, and I demand you give away a valuable asset instead of selling it because I want what you have but am unable to create a viable competing product."

Yeah, makes sense.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
Entropy-uc

Activity: 756
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 05:29:26 PM

Your assumption that Burnside is rich is likely to be incorrect.

BTCT might have been very profitable for a few months this year.

But, by the time he pays his lawyers to defend against the SEC, it's unlikely he will have anything left.  Even worse, his legal bills are likely to be largest in future years when he will be unable to write off the expense against income since btct no longer has any funds.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: