Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 02:06:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MediaCoin is encrypting digital content to prevent data theft.  (Read 100 times)
itsandylandman (OP)

Activity: 64
Merit: 9

"Don't look back but never forget"

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 05:16:21 PM

The company behind the Quantum MediaCoin Token (QMCT and QMCTe), MediaCoin, has developed a way to transfer digital content to end users using AES encryption with the delivery of the encryption key being done through a users wallet. This makes it impossible to steal the content without first purchasing the "song" or key. Once the music is played, the file becomes encrypted once more and another purchase is required to view the content. The only way to steal the content at that point is through hardware, not through any available software.
MediaCoin is a software dev company who specializes in encryption, who chose music as their first pet project. Artists have been asking for a secure way to distribute content for about a decade now, and MediaCoin will put them back in the drivers seat.
Having to pay for music is going to piss a lot of people off, but when digital content came out it ruined the economics of music. Now that the content cant just be stolen by the masses, it should start righting the ship.
A few people have asked me "why would people just start paying for music and use that platform?" I always just respond that MediaCoin could care less if people want to pay for music. Its a product and it shouldn't be free in the first place, but it was because it was so easy to steal. Artists will be the one who will be trusting the platform first, then their fans will follow.
There's a common saying "if you build it, they will come" and MediaCoin plans on not being an exception to this rule with the help of the great artists out there. Once the content is there, listeners will follow.
Let me know what you think about this. Personally I am thankful for the free music while it lasted, but we all had to know we couldn't just steal shit forever and not have it end....

"Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure." -Napolian Hill
-Andrew Land
MediaCoin Inc.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: