Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 02:11:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VGA card Can’t run with riser card  (Read 125 times)
kakaza (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 05:16:50 PM

Please help i have some issue with my VGA card. When i use this VGA card with riser
the VGA can’t detect(but coolling fan working).Also i try to chance riser card still can’t detect.
But i try to use this VGA with x16 (not use riser card) slot the VGA is working.
Please advice.
VGA 1050Ti
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:05:21 PM

Please help i have some issue with my VGA card. When i use this VGA card with riser
the VGA can’t detect(but coolling fan working).Also i try to chance riser card still can’t detect.
But i try to use this VGA with x16 (not use riser card) slot the VGA is working.
Please advice.
VGA 1050Ti

What kind of riser do you use? Is the additional power connected to riser and the graphics card? Since the interface is the PCI-E x1 provides power only 10 Watts.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:13:24 PM

For a start try to put the GPU in the primary slot on the motherboard. If the system does not see GPU it is necessary to check BIOS and driver. You also need to test that GPU on another computer. After that, you can check the performance of the riser. But this happens very rarely. Need more specifics to give you the right advice.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:14:40 AM

I have the same problem before with my R9 290. Tried with all my PCIe 1x to 16x riser and nothing. Finally decided with 16x to 16x riser and it's solving my problem.  Those kinds of riser don't have a long enough size. But it's no big deal, at least I did not mounting my card straight to the mobo because it will get in the way other Riser to mounted.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:13:50 AM

Have you tried to another gpu?
Can occur due lack of power on the power riser, try to change with different power riser like 6 pin/4 pin /sata or can be happened because of pciex1 or a cable on riser is broken.

kakaza (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:52:22 AM

Can occur due lack of power on the power riser, try to change with different power riser like 6 pin/4 pin /sata or can be happened because of pciex1 or a cable on riser is broken.
Thank you. I already tried with another riser and another different power riser. This gpu still not detect.
So i very confuse went i use this gpu with x16 on board (not use riser card) the vga is narmal.Also i try with another computer with x16 on board the vga is narmal.
kakaza (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:58:48 AM

For a start try to put the GPU in the primary slot on the motherboard. If the system does not see GPU it is necessary to check BIOS and driver. You also need to test that GPU on another computer. After that, you can check the performance of the riser. But this happens very rarely. Need more specifics to give you the right advice.
Thank you.
I already try to put the gpu in the primary slot on motherboard the VGA runing normal.Also test this GPU with another computer the VGA is normal.
Only run the VGA with riser card the system can't detect.
remauto1187ma

Activity: 234
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:47:37 AM

Bet you have your riser plugged into a sata wiring harness coming from your power supplies SATA feed to the hard drive, cd rom, etc.  There is not enough power on that SATA cable.  If you have a modular power supply then plug your sata daisy chain cable into a 6 pin PERIPHERAL socket NOT a SATA socket.  If you dont have a modular power supply then hook it up to SATA power cable from the power supply that is not being used for anything if available.  Its not detecting because there isnt enough power to the riser.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:00:50 AM

Thank you. I already tried with another riser and another different power riser. This gpu still not detect.
So i very confuse went i use this gpu with x16 on board (not use riser card) the vga is narmal.Also i try with another computer with x16 on board the vga is narmal.

can you try to PCIex16 Riser?. I doubt a GPU only want PCIex16. but no problem if you want to try that. like this:

https://www.amazon.com/EZDIY-FAB-Express-PCIe3-0-Flexible-Extension/dp/B01CEKN5VO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520574847&sr=8-1&keywords=pcie+x16+riser

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: