Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:11:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do you monitor ICO projects that you invested in?  (Voting closed: April 07, 2018, 05:23:47 PM)
I follow the market value of tokens on Coinmarketcap or other websites - 15 (30%)
I follow the discussions on forums/social media related to the project I invested in - 13 (26%)
I follow the movement in wallets of ICO projects - 1 (2%)
I follow the updates of the team on social media - 9 (18%)
I follow the comments on Slack/Telegram/Discord - 8 (16%)
I follow the completion of milestones as outline by white paper - 4 (8%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you monitor ICO projects that you invested in?  (Read 522 times)
voxdu12

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:02:43 PM

About all the updates I get the information from the channel to the telegram or twitter it's the most convenient way, well, and I'm looking at the blockfolio or coinmarketcap course

cryptopan

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:09:57 PM

Follow their twitter accounts,social media websites facebook and telegram or subscribe to the project's newpaper in their website im sure you will be updated in every events that the project will have.Thats how i managed to follow bunch of news with all of these ICOs,i dont want to be late with any of these fundamentals because fundas has a lot of impact in the market.

__ ▂ ▃ ▅ ▇ █  TRADELIZE  █ ▇ ▅ ▃ ▂ __
█≣≣≣ICO Starts :April 17,2018≣≣≣█▃Your laser sword in Cryptocurrency Trading ▃█≣≣≣   whitepaper   ≣≣≣█         
≣     Onepager     ≣     ANN Thread     ≣     Facebook     ≣     Telegram     ≣     Twitter     ≣
cryptodagger

Activity: 224

Stable coin to make charity free for everyone

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:15:28 PM

Stick with the newsletter of the project and follow them on twitter,and you wont have any problem,udpates will always be at your hands so you wont late with these fundamentals,you need to know how news can affect the coin's price and movements,so you need to have and updated by all of these coins you are following to.

wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:55:33 PM

I often follow their social networking site twitter, reddit and telegram. These are popular channels and have a lot of useful information.
Coolwar

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:06:18 PM

in fact, all listed options can be attributed to the most used. you can add a study of social networks of project participants! this important factor greatly influences the choice of the project. Study their past projects, if any. By results of participation in projects it is possible to judge the competence of the team and each participant in particular
DeepChipolino

Activity: 658
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:08:42 PM

First of all, social networks and this forum. If something attracts attention, I do my research.

Kippah (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:46:24 PM

Ofcourse I follow all of their social medias facebook page, twitter page, telegram channel, telegram group and Ann Thread here in forums. Sometimes if they had  their reddit topic I follow it also. Those social medias are really helpful for following for the projects of ICOs.

What si the biggest red flag for you when you monitor?

E.g, price decrease, or conflict in ICO team or not complying with the roadmap of the project or other?
jmalkovich

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:59:19 PM

I generally follow forum discussion, social media accounts and related news. It is sad to see that forum discussion sometimes cannot provide a good information, yet, it is important to follow.

retail.global

◣  FACEBOOK
◣  TWITTER
◣  TELEGRAM
◣  MEDIUM
Melech

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:04:08 PM

Hi guys,

I was wondering what do you guys do once you purchase the tokens. Do you spend time on monitoring the project and if so how do you do that?

I am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

In order to do that I need your help! If you ever invested in ICOs (at least one) fill in this survey (won't take you more than 5 minutes.) May the blockchain be with you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P
In fact, this is a difficult task. There are a lot of projects, there are a lot of information channels too. Usually I follow the project in the topic of the announcement, in the telegram and sometimes check the project site. Usually information from these sources is enough.

▄▄▓▓█▓▓█▀▀▀▀█▓▓██▓▄▄
             ▄▓█▓▀                ▀▓█▓█
          ▄▓█▓      ▄▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄▄      ▀█▓▄
        ▄▓██    ▄▓▓██████████████▓▓▄    ██▓▄
       ▓██    ▓▓████████▓▀▀██████████▓    ██▓
      ▓█░   █▓█████▓▀ ▓██  ▓██ ▀▓▓█████▓    ▓▓
     ▓█    ▓█████▀  ▄▓▓██████▓▓▓▄  ▓████▓    ██
    ▓██   █████▓ ▄▓▓  ▄██░▐███▄ ▀▓▓ ░▓███▓   ██▓
    ██    █████ █▓  ▓████░▐████▓█ █▓ ░█████   ██
    ██   ▐████ ▐█  ▓█████░▐██████░ █▌ █████   ██░
    ██   ▐████ ▐██ ▓█████░▐█████▓ █▓ ░█████   ██░
    ██    ████▓ █▓█ ▀▓▓██░▐██▓▓  █▓  ▓████    ██
    ▐█▓  ░████▓▄  ▀▓▓▄▄██░▐███▄▓▓  █▓████░   ██▌
     ▐██   ▓████▓▄▄  ▀██░▐███  ▄▓▓████▓░   ██▓
      ▐█▓    █▓██████▓▓██████▓▓████████    ▐█▓
       ▐█▓▄    ▀▓██████████████████▓▀    ▄▓██
         ▐█▓▄     ▀▀▓▓████████▓▓▀▀     ▄▓██
            ▓██▄                    ▄█▓▓▀
              ▀▓█▓▓▄▄          ▄▄▓▓█▓▀
                   ▀▀▓▓██████▓▓▀▀
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
.Together we can change
❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ the internet ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍ ❍
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  Social Media
▄███████████████████▄
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
████████████     █▀███▌
███   █████        ▐██▌
███               ▐███▌
███               ████▌
████             █████▌
█████▄▄         ██████▌
████         ▄████████▌
██████████████████████▌
██████████████████████▌
▄▓█████████████████████▓▓▄
▓██████████████████████████▌
███████████████████▓▓▀  ▓██▌
██████████████▓▀▀       ▓██▌
████████▓▀▀      ▄█    ▐███▌
███▓▀        ▄▄▓▀      ▓███▌
███▓▄▄▄   ▄▓█▓         ████▌
████████▓ ▓▌          ▓████▌
█████████▓    ▄       █████▌
██████████▌ ▄▓██▓▄   ▐█████▌
███████████████████▓▓██████▌
▐██████████████████████████
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                  ,▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
               ▄████▀▀▀▀████▄
             ▄███`  ,▄▄,   ▀██▄
            ▐██▀  ▄███████   ██▌
          ,▄███   ████████▌  ▐██▄,
      ,▄███████▄  █▄▄██▄▄█  ▄███████▄▄
     ██████████████████████████████████,
    ▐████▌   ██████████████████   ▐█████
     ▀████▄▄████████▀  "████████▄▄████▀
       `▀████████████▄▄████████████▀▀
            '▀▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀
         ▄▄                      ▄▄
        ███          ▄▄⌐         ███
       ███           ██▌          ▀██
      ███            ██▌           ▀██
                     ██▌
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:14:06 PM

Many people who follow ICO want to have immediate advantages regardless of road map and are only paying attention to the price at CMC, But I prefer to keep it for a few months.
staywoke081

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

Santa Coin

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:26:20 PM

Scary that out of the first 10 or so people nobody is following the wallets. We need to follow the wallets to hold these people accountable, that is why there is a transparent blockchain in the first place!

Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:17:15 PM

Scary that out of the first 10 or so people nobody is following the wallets. We need to follow the wallets to hold these people accountable, that is why there is a transparent blockchain in the first place!

Indeed that is weird but don't you think that many people don't know how to do that?

peleng

Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:28:23 PM

Hi guys,

I was wondering what do you guys do once you purchase the tokens. Do you spend time on monitoring the project and if so how do you do that?

I am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

In order to do that I need your help! If you ever invested in ICOs (at least one) fill in this survey (won't take you more than 5 minutes.) May the blockchain be with you!

Basically, I follow the telegram channel and the project's twitter, there the actual information about the project appears first of all. Often I follow the news about the project from other sources of information, sometimes it is very useful.
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:05:33 PM

Hi guys,

Basically, I follow the telegram channel and the project's twitter, there the actual information about the project appears first of all. Often I follow the news about the project from other sources of information, sometimes it is very useful.

Which of the sources is most useful?
peleng

Merit: 101

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 09:29:12 PM

Hi guys,

It is better to monitor several sources of information, but in my opinion the most useful source of information is the project's telegram channel.
sunnydmd

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:32:16 PM

in my way, I join the original public channel of ICOs, some chat group ( which original too, with some admin from manager team and dev team of the coin)
I think that's pretty enough, maximum 3 channels for 1 ICO, cause I don't have that much time to take a look at all the ICOs that I invested if I follow too much.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
realcrypto

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 05:47:40 PM

I always follow update on social media and most importantly join their telegram because that is where questions concerning the project and ICO are sometimes answered instantly.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 08:36:19 PM

Hi guys,

It is better to monitor several sources of information, but in my opinion the most useful source of information is the project's telegram channel.

But monitoring Telegram is very difficult, it is chaotic and people posting are being fairly random. How do you monitor the telegram then?
Kippah (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 09:50:31 PM

I started the thread because I wanted to figure out what do people do before and after they invest. I really do this research as my work, but I also want to help community distinguish the good apples from the bad apples. I am involved in few due diligence projects that will try to solve the issue of screening of ICO projects as non profits (not doing the ICO themselves).

It would help me a lot if you filled in this questionnaire, it asks you exactly the questions about your way of doing due diligence and monitoring projects. And even if you don't fill it in, I wish you good luck in choosing the right ICO for you. Peace.

CrazyJoker

Activity: 689
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 10:01:48 PM

I believe that in this case it is better to use all types of monitoring to know all info about future of your investments. But it should be without too much enthusiasm. Checking info every second and being nervous about all thing are not normal for investors.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: