Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 07:53:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How do you monitor ICO projects that you invested in?  (Voting closed: April 07, 2018, 05:23:47 PM)
I follow the market value of tokens on Coinmarketcap or other websites - 15 (30%)
I follow the discussions on forums/social media related to the project I invested in - 13 (26%)
I follow the movement in wallets of ICO projects - 1 (2%)
I follow the updates of the team on social media - 9 (18%)
I follow the comments on Slack/Telegram/Discord - 8 (16%)
I follow the completion of milestones as outline by white paper - 4 (8%)
Total Voters: 33

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you monitor ICO projects that you invested in?  (Read 522 times)
IamAltcoinfan

Activity: 476
Merit: 103

homt.net

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:21:29 PM

I voted above two coinmarketcap and social media announcement even i will check all othe scenario which you mentioned some times it goes wrong . Recent experience with CDT its not ICO but investment . I invested good amount of money on CDT while their platfomr going to release . But market crashed horribly.

► HOMT ◄ ♦ World’s First Crypto Based Students Rental Platform ♦ ► HOMT ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website|Twitter|Medium|Telegram|Facebook|LinkedIn
Boristhecat

Activity: 756
Merit: 629

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:25:32 PM

In most cases, through telegram and social networks. These information channels are usually enough to know the current state of things.
rucapri0

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:35:31 PM

I find new ICO on the forum and read the description of the project, what is its essence, what it offers, then draw conclusions about its success
Redpill_Crypto

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:46:17 PM

I use

coinmarketcap,
social media (telegram, reddit, twitter)
blockfolio and cryptocompare

I only invest in projects, that i believe in longterm. I sell my inital investment after 1x-3x, a bit if it reaches 5x and bit more above 10x depending on the market or the longterm potential. When I bought Neo below 10 USD and Tron below 0.003 i knew, that the team was strong enough, so i held onto them. And i will continue to do so for the next 2 years. (Of course i took some profits in december, but not that much)

to discover new projects i use

Youtube (secondary source, since projects tend to grow after they are mentioned there, so i use my other sources to find great projects, before they are mentioned anywhere)
ICO Spreadsheets and Review Websites (primary source, i discovered so many great projects, that i would have missed otherwise)
Telegram Research Communities (primary source,)

My favourite resources:

Youtuber:

Coin Bloq: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCatR7nWbYrkVXdxXb4cGXw   
CrushCrypto: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu1-oBOM-DzJ89o02Bx3XYw

Spreadsheets:

Titan Research Summary: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ja83ZCDDOgNXNYatD5w-2grA8IENuSwGjtSHWOG247E/edit#gid=1971583068
(they collected almost any spreadsheet out there)

Lendex:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vScEz0nAEoBr9a7aJ5qKEsdIzORuycAzWjDpSwCa-jHnNLpyXyrzwv2_1l69gfLEutLIY4XVLmQklMV/pubhtml#
(His trackrecord is pretty good)

Communites:

Ohheymattey, Cryptobriefing and Titan Research (even though it is pretty new)

Anything else? nah i think i got anything. My resources allow me to quickly filter through a lot of good icos and give me enough time to research the best ones for myself. Spreadsheets are pretty good, to cut my inital research step atleast at half, because i don't have to deal with a thousand crappy icos lised on listing pages.

Hektur

Activity: 271
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:49:29 PM

I just voted, and recommend to others to use this site: altpocket.io - you can track there your investments, simply you add there all of your altcoins and bitcoins and you will always know your portfolio´s value.

fatirborju

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:15:03 PM

Should always see soft cap and hardcap, Softcap is the minimum target to be achieved by the project and Hardcap is the maximum funds achieved by the project, while Hardcap is a project that reaches Hardcap then ICO process stops even though ico time must last before you follow ICO You must know exactly what the project looks like by looking at their WEB and WHITEPAPER And looking at their offerings, their strategies for promoting their project and their Team should be people with project experience.
Annubis

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 02:00:29 PM

I heard the news that EOS joins forces with the German project Iconiq Lab! It's amazing to see the Iconiq’s growth.
Their last successful project Vreo. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2886707 I think the project will be a new round in the gaming and advertising industry. Here is their Telegram grp: https://t.me/vreoico
kakawin

Activity: 308

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 05:40:32 PM

I control all news about projects in social media, I control the listings on crypto-exchange  and of course every day I check the value of assets. I have invested my money in the project and I want to fully control the situation about the project.  Wink
goodrus69

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 08:03:45 PM

I track updates on the telegram, Twitter, and Reddit. I think that these ways are the most convenient for receiving news and useful information.
erichall

Activity: 350
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 05:56:41 PM

I track updates on the telegram, Twitter, and Reddit. I think that these ways are the most convenient for receiving news and useful information.

I find that telegram and twitter are the quickest ways to find the most relevant information. The community moves so quickly so it can be difficult to keep up at times.
newbie-hero

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 12:50:56 PM

Hi guys,

I was wondering what do you guys do once you purchase the tokens. Do you spend time on monitoring the project and if so how do you do that?

I am collecting large dataset to better understand how you invest in ICO. We want to start a community due diligence project, which could provide better information about ongoing ICOs and protect you from the scam ICOs. Let's get rid of the bad ICO apples!

In order to do that I need your help! If you ever invested in ICOs (at least one) fill in this survey (won't take you more than 5 minutes.) May the blockchain be with you!

https://tilburglawschool.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3sCWmLd0wY1OK3P

I follow discussions on the forums and in the Telegram groups. This helps me to keep abreast of the latest news about the project and ask the questions that are of interest to the developers.
Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:30:59 PM

I mostly follow the teams updates on telegram/twitter and reddit. Most of the projects I've invested in also post development updates on Medium and those give a good overview of the state of progress.

This is a good way of monitoring ICO projects that you invested in. In addition to this, it is better also that you have a good communication to all the team members most especially to the community and bounty managers. Because these people are the most important characters to deal with to be more updated always about the projects that we campaigning for. And do more research also to goggle or other social media websites to follow the real activities of your invested ICO projects if it is legit in condition and keeps on progressing as well.
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:33:29 PM

Of course you need to follow the social media accounts of these coins you are invested in,or if we are talking about ICOs,you need to follow then thru social media and thru their website so that you wont be tlate to any of their updates? because fundamentals might trigger the coin to pump and you wont be late if that happens.
regexlove

Activity: 608

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:37:52 PM

I initially look at the white paper of the project, then the team in the social media and their previous experience, then the listing and how much money was invested on pre sale and main sale Smiley
Transformer0101

Activity: 462

https://saturn.black

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:41:30 PM

I am always read different comunity at telegram and watch youtube channel. Then you studying them you can find a lot of good information that will help you make the right choice when you investing your money.

SATURN
Liquidity providerfor crypto markets Cross-chain Exchange & OTC trading Platform
────────  Facebook Twitter ♦  Telegram ♦  Blog ♦  Bitcointalk   ────────
ThorWin

Activity: 218

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:44:28 PM

I see information on the Coinmarketcap market and join the community for more information on the coin I am investing. In the community you can get more information on the market, so it will help you to predict the development trend of coin you are holding.
Spiero7

Activity: 150

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:52:43 PM

My first monitoring tool is Cmc. In as much the coin has been listed there, I see it as an extra boost for the coin to thrive. I also use people's discussions on the thread, telegram and other social media affiliated platform to monitor.
Gasotard

Activity: 156

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:31:37 PM

I just voted, and recommend to others to use this site: altpocket.io - you can track there your investments, simply you add there all of your altcoins and bitcoins and you will always know your portfolio´s value.
I am not going to vote for any coin now. If they really have the potential then they could do without votes.

ptolimeus

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 09:21:51 PM

I monitor the channel of project telegrams and twitter. This is the minimum set that is enough to get the latest information about the project. Also, I sometimes look for information about the project on other resources. This allows you to get more complete information about the project.
tulpash

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 10:23:23 AM

I monitor the channel of project telegrams and twitter. This is the minimum set that is enough to get the latest information about the project. Also, I sometimes look for information about the project on other resources. This allows you to get more complete information about the project.
The opinion of well-deserved experts in the field of crypto currencies about the project is very valuable, because experts are fighting for their reputation. For me, such opinions are very important when deciding whether to invest in a project. But it is not enough to rely solely on the opinions of experts, your own analysis of the project is just as necessary.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: