Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:45:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Binance HACK  (Read 230 times)
Jackypot (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 06:35:04 PM

Users of Binance, the top cryptocurrency exchange in the world by trade volume, are
reporting suspicious activity in their accounts stemming from an apparent hack on Reddit, March 7.

Apparently it's just a rumor, you think
berrydude

Activity: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:36:59 PM

I have an account there, not a lot in it.  Thankfully, so far, it doesn't appear anything has happened to it.  I feel bad for those that may have had funds/coins stolen.    Sad
bttmember

Activity: 938
Merit: 13

AMEPAY

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:42:50 PM

There was no hack, officials have confirmed that, it was just the hack of some members who were using bots and the dev of that bot hijacked those accounts, so binance proactively closed withdrawals temporarily and reversed all suspicious trades, i think this issue was resolved pro-actively by binance.

Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:48:41 PM

binance proved himself during last a few months. they are one of the most trustable exchanges nowadays but ofcourse it is not enough. crypto market needs a decentralized exchange platform as soon as possible to reduce the risk of all users.
Kunzaii

Activity: 101
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:49:19 PM

There was no hack at all, it's people with bots that had problems.

★ PRiVCY ➢ Own Your Privacy! ➢ Best privacy crypto-market! ★
✈✈✈[PoW/PoS]✅[Tor]✅[Airdrop]✈✈✈ (https://privcy.io/)
13ex07

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

Thank you for +Merit

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:51:31 PM

There was no hack, officials have confirmed that, it was just the hack of some members who were using bots and the dev of that bot hijacked those accounts, so binance proactively closed withdrawals temporarily and reversed all suspicious trades, i think this issue was resolved pro-actively by binance.
However it has led to serious correction of bitcoin. The market is very sensitive to news.  Madly sensitive.

|▌    DAOX    《   Create & Manage Fundraising DAOs   》    DAOX    ▐|
☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰◤       The product is LIVE       ◥☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰☰
WEB-SITE    BUY DXC NOW    BOUNTY & AIRDROPS    ANN THREAD   
Olena9797

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

https://auditchain.com

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:59:10 PM

Calm down. Binance wasnt hacked. Only users who used bots for traiding and gave to them theirs api keys could lost something. And this even good. Cause a lot of peole are tired of bots

dnsokoljuk

Activity: 924
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:07:33 PM

I just watched one popular crypto related youtube channel in my country and they say, that it was not hacked
COINISM0001

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:12:21 PM

Tragic is to know this....

Users of Binance, the top cryptocurrency exchange in the world by trade volume, are
reporting suspicious activity in their accounts stemming from an apparent hack on Reddit, March 7.

abramovich

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:24:04 PM

phising or hacked?  Huh see the update from CEO binance here : https://twitter.com/cz_binance/status/971483376753393664
hmmm.. i think it's time to move to the decentralized exchanger guys Angry
jacaf01

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:31:08 PM

I wont say there was a hack but this is why people are always warned not to put their fund on exchanges, although sometimes I am guilty of these but any huge amount should be in ones wallet. Bnance to me will be a hot target for hackers now and won't be surprised if it was hacked

|
|
QRX|
|
QURREX - QRXTest MVP |Source
www.qurrex.com

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
cryptotnak

Activity: 194

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:41:49 PM

You should be reading guys,it was a hack attempt it isnt just a rumour.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT

It isnt some kinda rumor,On Mar 7, UTC 14:58-14:59, within this 2 minute period, the VIA/BTC market experienced abnormal trading activity. Our automatic risk management system was triggered, and all withdrawals were halted immediately.

This was part of a large scale phishing and stealing attempt. 

So far: All funds are safe and no funds have been stolen.

The hackers accumulated user account credentials over a long period of time. The earliest phishing attack seems to have dated back to early Jan. However it was around Feb 22, where a heavy concentration of phishing attacks were seen using unicode domains, looking very much like binance.com, with the only difference being 2 dots at the bottom of 2 characters. Many users fell for these traps and phishing attempts. After acquiring these user accounts, the hacker then simply created a trading API key for each account but took no further actions, until yesterday.

Yesterday, within the aforementioned 2 minute period, the hackers used the API keys, placed a large number of market buys on the VIA/BTC market, pushing the price high, while 31 pre-deposited accounts were there selling VIA at the top. This was an attempt to move the BTC from the phished accounts to the 31 accounts. Withdrawal requests were then attempted from these accounts immediately afterwards.

However, as withdrawals were already automatically disabled by our risk management system, none of the withdrawals successfully went out. Additionally, the VIA coins deposited by the hackers were also frozen. Not only did the hacker not steal any coins out, their own coins have also been withheld.

The hackers were well organized. They were patient enough to not take any immediate action, and waited for the most opportune moment to act. They also selected VIA, a coin with smaller liquidity, to maximize their own gains.

After a thorough security check by Binance, we resumed withdrawals. Trading functionality was never affected. There are still some users whose accounts where phished by these hackers and their BTC were used to buy VIA or other coins. Unfortunately, those trades did not execute against any of the hackers’ accounts as counterpart. As such, we are not in a position to reverse those trades. We again advise all traders to take special precaution to secure their account credentials.

Protecting our traders is and has always been our highest priority.

Thanks for your support!

Binance Team

2018/03/08

source : https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001547431-Summary-of-the-Phishing-and-Attempted-Stealing-Incident-on-Binance

Bananiheller

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:58:07 PM

I read in the news. The hack was exactly. Hacked users trading bot. The purpose of the attack is pump VIA. All hacked sold all altcoins and purchased VIA. I think it's a pretty stupid plan. All problems solved and there is no reason to worry, except hamsters, which were scared and began to bolt sell their coin
maereglapo

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:03:40 PM

I read in the news. The hack was exactly. Hacked users trading bot. The purpose of the attack is pump VIA. All hacked sold all altcoins and purchased VIA. I think it's a pretty stupid plan. All problems solved and there is no reason to worry, except hamsters, which were scared and began to bolt sell their coin
Yes it was a hack attempt,so it only means that binance's security still needs some adjustment i know that there is no perfect system but they need to be sure that the user's accounts are all safe from these hackers.Because in the first place binance shouldnt allowed these bots in the exchanges,it is clearly their faults too.
mariangpalad

Activity: 196

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:17:13 PM

Binance indeed was hack,but they have locked down the widrawals that is why these hackers didnt steal all of the funds that where compromised,but surely binance's reputation is somehow got marked already because if they didnt allowed these bots to be used,there will be no glitches or holes in the exchange's system,it is their fault not the users who are using bots.

IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:49:35 PM

Binance already announced that they reversed all irregular trades, so all funds are safe. Though it wasn't a real hack but I'm still sure that it's not safe to store your money on exchanges. Use exchanges only for trading not for storing.
nakauten

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:53:19 PM

Binance already announced that they reversed all irregular trades, so all funds are safe. Though it wasn't a real hack but I'm still sure that it's not safe to store your money on exchanges. Use exchanges only for trading not for storing.
How would this attempt not a hack? did you read the official statement of binance? they have called these people the hacker " which makes that attempt a hack attempt,so this is a hack somehow binance wont admit that their system has shortcomings instead of apologizing they blame those people who uses bots,very unprofessional.

cryptonero

Activity: 210
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:01:35 PM

You should be reading guys,it was a hack attempt it isnt just a rumour.

THIS IS THE OFFICIAL STATEMENT

This was part of a large scale phishing and stealing attempt.

The hackers accumulated user account credentials over a long period of time. The earliest phishing attack seems to have dated back to early Jan. However it was around Feb 22, where a heavy concentration of phishing attacks were seen using unicode domains, looking very much like binance.com, with the only difference being 2 dots at the bottom of 2 characters. Many users fell for these traps and phishing attempts. After acquiring these user accounts, the hacker then simply created a trading API key for each account but took no further actions, until yesterday.

Yesterday, within the aforementioned 2 minute period, the hackers used the API keys, placed a large number of market buys on the VIA/BTC market, pushing the price high, while 31 pre-deposited accounts were there selling VIA at the top. This was an attempt to move the BTC from the phished accounts to the 31 accounts. Withdrawal requests were then attempted from these accounts immediately afterwards.

However, as withdrawals were already automatically disabled by our risk management system, none of the withdrawals successfully went out. Additionally, the VIA coins deposited by the hackers were also frozen. Not only did the hacker not steal any coins out, their own coins have also been withheld.

The hackers were well organized. They were patient enough to not take any immediate action, and waited for the most opportune moment to act. They also selected VIA, a coin with smaller liquidity, to maximize their own gains.

source : https://support.binance.com/hc/en-us/articles/360001547431-Summary-of-the-Phishing-and-Attempted-Stealing-Incident-on-Binance
It was a hacked attempt, so it is considered as a hack incident,why would people doesnt want to accept the fact that binance has still have something to improve?there are no perfect system and safe from these hackers they can hack all of the systems so do not expect these exchanges will be safe from the hack attempts.

ukw

Activity: 616

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:06:32 PM

"All funds are safe. There were irregularities in trading activity, automatic alarms triggered. Some accounts may have been compromised by phishing from before. We are still investigating. All funds are safe."
Most likely, this problem affects everyone who uses bots for trading on the stock exchange and who have been the victim of stolen API keys.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
tylerik1

Activity: 392

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 09:10:16 PM

There was no Binance hack. A good friend told me that conigy has been hacked last day and the hackers abused the trading function from that platform to sell all the coins at binance. Correct me if I am wrong  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: