Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 01:46:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Feathercoin Video Launched! See us in Action at the Oxford Blue  (Read 1739 times)
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:57:54 AM

I've never thought much of FTC but I must admit I am impressed, it at least shows the dev team are committed.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
svennand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:04:33 AM

What happened to that link pointing to cryptolife.net ?
I hope it hasn't been censored.

it was off topic. it got removed by the admin, and so was my respond to him!
svennand

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:09:13 AM

What a circle jerk fest.
And for what? A centralized coin?
 Roll Eyes

Jealous much?
Admit it, you wish that your "non" centralized coin had the entusiasm/comunity
commitment to do the same...

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:23:36 PM

So if the article had shone Feathercoin in a good light, but still off-topic, would that have been quickly removed as well? I think not.

This is not good. If the Feathercoin community cannot handle a simple critic, than you might as well shut up shop now, because if Feathercoin grows (as you hope), there be a dumper truck load of critics on their way.

svennand

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:34:17 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 12:46:46 PM by svennand

So if the article had shone Feathercoin in a good light, but still off-topic, would that have been quickly removed as well? I think not.

This is not good. If the Feathercoin community cannot handle a simple critic, than you might as well shut up shop now, because if Feathercoin grows (as you hope), there be a dumper truck load of critics on their way.

Excuse me but it wasnt anyone of us that did it. Feathercoin has no power over bitcointalk and its moderators.
Now your just trying to make this into something it isnt.

We can handle critics, we get them every day. and i responded to Hazards post. Mine got deleted to...

But please lets keep this thread on topic.
ChrisJ (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 02:19:15 PM

I've never thought much of FTC but I must admit I am impressed, it at least shows the dev team are committed.

Bingo! Feathercoin probably has the most committed team of techs putting in more hours than any other alt coin aside from Bitcoin itself. I am willing to be proved wrong though  Smiley

I want to make the world better than I found it
atomicchaos

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:15:18 PM
Last edit: October 11, 2013, 03:28:01 PM by atomicchaos

What a circle jerk fest.
 Roll Eyes

Jealous much?

You'd do best not responding to comments like that, or at least acknowledging the issue, but you simply show the problem with the FTC community. Blind support is not what is needed, centralization is an issue, and FTC devs need to fix it.

If you can't handle criticism of the coin your support, offer a fact-based response, instead of acting like a child and stooping to the level of the original poster that did in fact have a point mixed in with his juvenile post. FTC has a very bad rep outside of the core community (fair or not), and this video, the newsletter, and telling your supporters to tone down a bit, or at least respond with facts, is going to go a long way to improve the image of this coin.

Oh, and stop with the bashing of LTC from your highest level, Bush, it's quite silly (I haven't seen it here, but in other trollboxes). We get that you want to differentiate, and there were some rifts with the devs, however FTC is fully based on LTC, with modifications, so it's quite illogical to bash a coin that was originally copied. There is definitely room for both coins, but your focus on LTC vs FTC is not energy well spent. I've said it in Trollbox a couple times, it's like ketchup hating tomatoes.

That said, the person ignored the value of the video purely on his opinion of the coin. I think my opinion on FTC is well known, and I'm not a big fan, but I'll be the first to say the video was top notch and I applaud the effort, as should most that support Cryptos.

BTC:113mFe2e3oRkZQ5GeqKhoHbGtVw16unnw2
dragonkid

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:36:44 PM

What a circle jerk fest.
 Roll Eyes

Jealous much?

You'd do best not responding to comments like that, or at least acknowledging the issue, but you simply show the problem with the FTC community. Blind support is not what is needed, centralization is an issue, and FTC devs need to fix it.

If you can't handle criticism of the coin your support, offer a fact-based response, instead of acting like a child and stooping to the level of the original poster that did in fact have a point mixed in with his juvenile post. FTC has a very bad rep outside of the core community (fair or not), and this video, the newsletter, and telling your supporters to tone down a bit, or at least respond with facts, is going to go a long way to improve the image of this coin.

Oh, and stop with the bashing of LTC from your highest level, Bush, it's quite silly (I haven't seen it here, but in other trollboxes). We get that you want to differentiate, and there were some rifts with the devs, however FTC is fully based on LTC, with modifications, so it's quite illogical to bash a coin that was originally copied. There is definitely room for both coins, but your focus on LTC vs FTC is not energy well spent. I've said it in Trollbox a couple times, it's like ketchup hating tomatoes.

That said, the person ignored the value of the video purely on his opinion of the coin. I think my opinion on FTC is well known, and I'm not a big fan, but I'll be the first to say the video was top notch and I applaud the effort, as should most that support Cryptos.

I was never really exposed to FTC, apart from seeing it in the exchanges. So this video really opened my eyes. After checking out the actually website, I am really shock to see there are a lot of merchants accepting it. Which make me wanting to try mining FTC. But I do agree, to make it even better, it needs to be de-centralized. I always thought that all CryptoCurrency are all decentralized.

Good job, none the less. And another plus that it is British.  Grin

svennand

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:33:21 PM

atomic chaos you are right regarding me comenting
i get easily fired up. so i should stick to mining assistance Grin
there a reason i keep away from trollbox Wink
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: