Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:08:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: spectro.space - A CryptoCoin Analyzer with Spectrograms.  (Read 104 times)
spectro.space (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:03:44 PM

Hi All,

I've just released spectro.space (https://spectro.space), A CryptoCoin Analyzer with Spectrograms! The default coin-pair is BITCOIN-USD. This is a free web-based graphing tool that allows you to view over 2000 different coins, and a lot more coin-pairs. The semi-novel thing about spectro.space is the spectrogram graphs.

What is a spectrogram? A spectrogram is a graph that shows how a signal's frequency content changes over time. Magnitude is shown in color, and frequency vs time are shown along the vertical and horizontal axes respectively. All signals ( market-prices, sound, light, etc. ) are made up of a collection of frequencies. Think of light shining through a prism. It appears to be a small point when it hits the prism, but when it comes out, it spreads into the light's spectrum of colors ( aka frequencies ). The same is true for our crypto-market signals above. For instance, look at the price graph as it changes in time, its spectrogram graph below it is showing the price's spread of frequencies as they come out of a "prism-algorithm" in that moment of time.

Check it out, and let me know what you think! I'd love any and all feedback!

Thank you!
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Patatas
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1115

Providing AI/ChatGpt Services - PM!

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:43:00 PM

Very nice!
I like the entire design,theme and how you have matched the other static content on the website with keeping Spectrogram as a niche in mind.Addition of sliders to set custom filters was again a beautiful job coding wise.The graph plugin used could have been a little better ,it would nicer if  they had zoom-in feature.
spectro.space (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:58:42 PM

Thank you very much @Patatas! I will definitely work on some zooming for the graph here in the near future. Thanks for the suggestion! As I said in my original post, I've just released it, and it's been about 300 hours in the making from idea to concept to actually building the application. I'm also working on adding a Market Capitalization graph here soon, but its been difficult to find either historical market cap or historical coin supply via an API. So I'm currently working with some CSV coin supply data from a few of the major coins.

Anyways, I'll keep you all posted. Thanks again!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: