Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:55:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi. Checkout My Crypto Wiki - A simple free Crypto currency coin Wikipedia  (Read 168 times)
hienyimba (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 08:17:11 PM
Last edit: April 23, 2018, 02:39:43 PM by hienyimba

Hi.
I built My Crypto Wiki - a free Crypto currency coin wiki for the crypto community.
(It already covers 1/10 of Coinmarketcap!) and No. this is not a shill. I got tired of being shilled coins and I had no central place to get good unbaised research about it. So I came up with this. It's my hope it helps both noobs and veterans alike to navigate the Crypto world.

Check it out - https://mycryptowiki.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 3409

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 07:53:52 AM

I built My Crypto Wiki - a free Crypto currency coin wiki for the crypto community.
I was hoping for it to be another version of "Bitcoin Wiki", while covering most of the other crypto-currencies but that's not the case (I see no depth regarding the information you/they provided).

Also the fact that anyone can easily edit it (regardless of the stated warning), it's a bad option:
Your IP address will be publicly visible if you make any edits. If you log in or create an account, your edits will be attributed to your username, along with other benefits.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
hienyimba (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 12:39:21 PM

I was hoping for it to be another version of "Bitcoin Wiki", while covering most of the other crypto-currencies but that's not the case (I see no depth regarding the information you/they provided).

Also the fact that anyone can easily edit it (regardless of the stated warning), it's a bad option:

The goal of allowing public edits is to get as much information as possible from Contibutors who won't want to be bothered with registration. Also, the moderation is really tight as shills and bad edits/spams are removed in a flash.

About depth, lots of the coins apart from the big ones (which I felt has enough coverage already) are pretty well covered. However this could be improved upon and that's what am working on right now.

hienyimba (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 03:44:52 PM

Not bad idea, but i think it can't be called wiki since there's no detailed information (even though it can be solved with community support) and the UI is too plain.

That's why there is definitely need for community support. The information concerning most coins today is dictated by shills. This would save otherwise noobish investors, lots of money.

The plain UI is also by design. It makes using the site and editing it  a no brainer
cheefbuza

Activity: 302
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 06:56:18 PM

A big crypto wiki is really missing, something with a lot of community work could be fantastic.
I wish you good luck!
Beerwizzard

Activity: 924
Merit: 148

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 12:15:35 AM

Letting everyone edit the information is not the best move. At least untill you get a very strong community and moderation. Better just update the website by yourself. You should also work on the design of your site, now it is too "minimalistic".
About the content. Right now your website is something between coinmarketcap and bitcoin wiki. It soesn't have anything excapt information about coins ( wiki have many information about crypto influencers and dofferent features) and at the same time it have less information about coins then CMC.
Imho both CMC and bitcoin wiki can be improved which meand that you can try to take their nieches.
The only thing that I liked and that was really usefull is a list of competitors and similar projects. It might be very helpfull, at least for newbies. You can still make something usefull of your website but you need to do pretty much work.
hienyimba (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 10:42:49 AM

Letting everyone edit the information is not the best move. At least untill you get a very strong community and moderation. Better just update the website by yourself. You should also work on the design of your site, now it is too "minimalistic".
About the content. Right now your website is something between coinmarketcap and bitcoin wiki. It soesn't have anything excapt information about coins ( wiki have many information about crypto influencers and dofferent features) and at the same time it have less information about coins then CMC.
Imho both CMC and bitcoin wiki can be improved which meand that you can try to take their nieches.
The only thing that I liked and that was really usefull is a list of competitors and similar projects. It might be very helpfull, at least for newbies. You can still make something usefull of your website but you need to do pretty much work.

This is very helpful. Thanks.
hienyimba (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2018, 02:41:12 PM

Over 180 Coins represented now.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
April 24, 2018, 09:33:34 AM

Is it just a wiki for all the crypto coins, or does it also include other crypto related information such as exchanges and tutorials?

TBH, I'd definitely want to see your site expand into not just a place for altcoin info, but rather a general crypto version of wikipedia. As others have stated, the info on your site can already be found elsewhere. There just isn't enough detail for it to be successful at this stage.

Also, I'd definitely say that you should make it at least that people are forced to sign up to your site first before they are able to edit. Otherwise, you're going to encounter a ton of problems. Also with not enough moderators and contributors, you really need to put work in to keep the shills away and filter out unbiased info. But it's a good idea for sure. Almost a coinmarketcap sort of index for altcoin info, which can end up being something.

Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: