Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:27:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Best software setup for specific mining rig?  (Read 1422 times)
KBundy (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 05:32:00 AM

Hello all,

I have the component to build a mining rig with 4x6950's.  I know how to put the hardware together, however I know very little about the software. Any suggestion would be incredibly appreciated, especially if anyone knows the best software setup for the 6950's.  Thanks a lot

-KBundy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MrWizard

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 02:48:35 PM

Hello all,

I have the component to build a mining rig with 4x6950's.  I know how to put the hardware together, however I know very little about the software. Any suggestion would be incredibly appreciated, especially if anyone knows the best software setup for the 6950's.  Thanks a lot

-KBundy
I was going to suggest using Linux as the operating system to use in building your mining rig.  Linux is free to download and use.

However, if you are not an experienced Linux user then setting up all the required software might be impossible to do.  Otherwise go with Windows 7.

"I walked into the room dripping in Bitcoins.  Yea dripping in Bitcoins."
(BTC) 168DCCeGmDy3xTWRimLVhvKtK3yEWbpsSg     (LTC) LbYS8VFqFSU7B9bfaHD11seQMtrtYEKpLe
(BBQ) bNVZErvwLzpEG7H3kt1fycWspzRQB1MJzL
KBundy (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 03:31:47 PM

Hello again,

Thanks for the advice, probably should have been more specific though.  I probably will be using ubuntu for my OS, what i'm really wondering is what the difference is between lets say, Phoenix miner and Diablo Miner, what makes each one different or unique, and which one is the least likely to crashes or downtime?

-KBundy
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2011, 04:06:15 PM

My miner is of course best.  Grin Ok, maybe I'm a little biased. But it is easy to use and you don't need to install it. If you have Radeon drivers and Java, just click a button to start it. Click my signature if you want to try it.

Phoenix was my favorite for a while before I made my own miner. But then it started to lock up if there was a network problem (like pool server restarting). I had to kill it and restart it to get it going again. Sometimes it was stuck all night, not mining. Maybe someone can confirm if this is fixed in the newer versions?

DiabloMiner seems like a solid product. Never had any problems with it.

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
dewon

Activity: 55

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

I´d say win7 if you have 4 gpu´s. Easier OC'ing and miners with better GUI's. No real performance difference between the two. However, if youre planning to add one or two more gpu's, then a linux distro of your choice, because win doesnt support more than 4 gpu's. Linuxcoin is nice because it has almost all set up for you. Still a matter of personal taste. I have win7 for my main computer with 4 gpu's and linuxcoin for my dedicated mining rig with 5 gpu´s.
KBundy (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 06:29:52 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2011, 06:16:42 PM by KBundy

Hello all,

Thank you very much again for the advice, everything I hear is basically a learning experience when it comes to bitcoins, mining software, and hardware, and getting productive results.  However, I know I have the equipment and attitude to make this successful, and the heart to spread bitcoin to the community.  Any other advice concering specifics on 6950 graphics cards and the best tags for phoenix, or some other mining software is still very much appreciated.

-KBundy
xurious

Activity: 413
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 01:25:31 PM

VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=14 WORKSIZE=128 FASTLOOP=false

Is a good place to start with phoenix if you are making a dedicated box.

SiaMining.com -- First PPS SiaMining Pool! 3%, VarDiff, Stratum Support
KBundy (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 06:23:19 PM

Xurious,

Good to know, I'll definitely give that a try.  Smiley

-KBundy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: