Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:58:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why the cryptocurrency prices went down suddenly  (Read 558 times)
AlexTF.CCN (OP)

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:33:44 PM

As you are all aware, this week the market experience a fall of around 10% in prices for major cryptocurrencies. The reason for this dramatic drop in prices are multiple, but it is my hope to enlist them below and start a discussion.

It is said that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)  announcement about ICOs platforms and the possibility of forcing them to register is one factor to take into consideration. Second, Japan’s FSA recently suspended two exchanges and penalized another four, which caused a bit of panic among the [Suspicious link removed]munity. Last but not least, rumors started running across Redditt that Binance was being hacked. All these situations caused the cryptocurrency prices to go down by 5-15% on average.

To explain this a bit more, take a look at this video that easily explains what exactly happened this week Smiley https://cryptocoin.news/news/altcoins-this-week-why-cryptocurrency-prices-went-down-blockchain-legislation-in-russia-and-much-more-8714/

Feel free to comment as well
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hikky22

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:44:45 PM

As you are all aware, this week the market experience a fall of around 10% in prices for major cryptocurrencies. The reason for this dramatic drop in prices are multiple, but it is my hope to enlist them below and start a discussion.

It is said that the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)  announcement about ICOs platforms and the possibility of forcing them to register is one factor to take into consideration. Second, Japan’s FSA recently suspended two exchanges and penalized another four, which caused a bit of panic among the [Suspicious link removed]munity. Last but not least, rumors started running across Redditt that Binance was being hacked. All these situations caused the cryptocurrency prices to go down by 5-15% on average.

To explain this a bit more, take a look at this video that easily explains what exactly happened this week Smiley https://cryptocoin.news/news/altcoins-this-week-why-cryptocurrency-prices-went-down-blockchain-legislation-in-russia-and-much-more-8714/

But the worst thing is that all these news come out after the fall, I think that serious players just speculate on this and all these news have almost no effect on situation in market
Ging

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:51:22 PM

You have to know my friend that btc is the king of the crypto and whenever the price of it goes down the price of alternative coin go down either but soon it will back normal
GreatBug

Activity: 629
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:57:46 PM

Now whole market has a little down and in some case it was a problem which was connected to drop of bitcoin price, sometimes when king is falling, whole crypto is going down.
dakszmey

Activity: 138
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 10:59:55 PM

Now whole market has a little down and in some case it was a problem which was connected to drop of bitcoin price, sometimes when king is falling, whole crypto is going down.

always what btc is down, alts go down
makuhpal

Activity: 256

JOIN THE NEXT MEGATREND IN CRYPTO

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:07:38 PM

Binance incident was a hack,it isnt not just a rumor they have disabled the widrawals luckily that said their ass for their good reputation.Binance wont admit the it but they have already called those guys as hackers so it means binance was hacked,anyways phishing attacks are generally considered as a way of hacking stealing APIs from bots are bullshit,in the first place binance shoudlnt be allowing those bots in their system,it is their fault period.

lobo13hf

Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:35:39 PM

About the binance's case, it caused by the 3rd party. As far as i know about that case if the majority of the binance users have used automated trading service rather than doing manual trade with their self.

The hackers were putting a backdoor to be able to send the amount from the user's account through API. We know that automated trading will always use API to do that.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 11:39:12 PM

I think right now a lot of negative news around crypto world. The thing with any market it's all connected and we've seen this many time over and over. It's just matter of time to see it green all over  Grin
stronghandsdeeppockets

Activity: 266
Merit: 27

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:41:33 PM

Binance incident was a hack,it isnt not just a rumor they have disabled the widrawals luckily that said their ass for their good reputation.Binance wont admit the it but they have already called those guys as hackers so it means binance was hacked,anyways phishing attacks are generally considered as a way of hacking stealing APIs from bots are bullshit,in the first place binance shoudlnt be allowing those bots in their system,it is their fault period.

It all had to do with some people who used a certain trading bot for binance. That trading bot converted the users' coins into BTC and bought VIA in order to pump it: https://twitter.com/CryptoTutor/status/971412221820620800. It was a hack, but only in formal terms, as it didn't have anything to do with Binance (they did nothing wrong). Also, this happened only to people who did not secure their accounts by selecting only their IP address as an IP whitelist (or something like that, I dont remember exactly)

Please stop eating FUD, but more importantly, spreading FUD.
habaratbu

Activity: 174

Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:41:50 PM

Because the market has shown too much stable from the past few weeks that is why it needs corrections although news has something to do with these crashes,the market will always be unstable that is why you need to adopt in every situation in the market,do not expect the market will do good all the year,it needs to rest just like people does.

kiw_91

Activity: 291
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:42:42 PM

With the recent Binance Hack. Then the Mt Gox selling off the bitcoin and bitcoin cash to raise money for disbursements. Thus making all the reds in crypto now. We'll be seeing red for a little while i would say. The recalibration would take more time. June  will be the time when the market recovers. Y'all can read the article here. The man who crashed btc. Thus making all alts in RED> Cry

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-07/bitcoins-tokyo-whale-sells-400m-bitcoin-bitcoin-cash
vike

Activity: 411
Merit: 100