Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 09:47:13 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining with unactivated windows  (Read 310 times)
flip4flop (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:22:34 AM

I was trying to activate and install HiveOS so I could mine on Wifi in my garage as my farm started to expand but kept getting crashes and issues with Hive for a few hours.  I decided to try using windows but not activating and I am very impressed at how simple it was and how quickly I got up and running.  That and the ability to quickly switch to different programs or lesser known miners without having to wait for support is nice.  For those of you looking to do the same, I recommend just following the simple steps listed at the below website.  Recommend doing Windows 10 Pro so you get Remote Desktop.  Most may know this but for the new guys looking for an alternative to the other OS and not wanting to purchase Windows.

https://www.windowscentral.com/you-do-not-need-activate-windows-10
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:48:54 AM

I was trying to activate and install HiveOS so I could mine on Wifi in my garage as my farm started to expand but kept getting crashes and issues with Hive for a few hours.  I decided to try using windows but not activating and I am very impressed at how simple it was and how quickly I got up and running.  That and the ability to quickly switch to different programs or lesser known miners without having to wait for support is nice.  For those of you looking to do the same, I recommend just following the simple steps listed at the below website.  Recommend doing Windows 10 Pro so you get Remote Desktop.  Most may know this but for the new guys looking for an alternative to the other OS and not wanting to purchase Windows.

This is a solid option but I wouldn't rely on it for very long.  MS could always decide to issue an update that causes it to do something stupid like reboot every 24 hours or so as a reminder that you aren't running an activated version.  If you do this I would still work on getting plan A working.
whoismoses

Activity: 247
Merit: 59

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:17:28 AM

You can get single install (locked to the cpu I believe) licenses for windows 10 for around $12.
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5733

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:28:58 AM

Reminder from a fellow Windows 10 user:
Activated or not, Windows 10 "Windows Update" is like a torrent client.
Means that the previous update you downloaded are constantly sent to others who are needing them (like downloading, seeding and leeching)
Windows Update can't be disabled in the settings however, can be disabled in the Services.
The Torrent-like behavior can be disabled too in the advanced option. If you want to save bandwidth, disable it right away.

For more info: External Source

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
shibob

Activity: 672
Merit: 154

Blockchain Evangelist.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 07:07:39 AM

I'm not sure, but I dont think we need to activate window for mining rigs. Some of my rigs have been mining with window 10 (no license) since last August, and the hashrate is still stable, not much problems went along, I know sometime it auto restarts (maybe one each 2 weeks), but I let miner's program always automatically start with window, so it's fine. yep, far so good.
treanski

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:01:10 AM

really ? man you can get windows key on ebay for 5$ -.-

btcneodev

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:15:42 AM

Yeah, I don't think there is any issue to mine with non-activated windows. It just annoy to see the activation message, but it works just fine.
m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:53:17 AM

Yeah, I don't think there is any issue to mine with non-activated windows. It just annoy to see the activation message, but it works just fine.

What an obvious post-count booster. Nobodys asking if mining with non-activated windows is an issue.
If you actually read the topic, hes showing you how to do it.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
Cryptoipad

Activity: 260
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:33:48 AM

I am looking to possibly run an unactivated version of Windows on my computer and on a server that I am in the process of getting.the mining problem of windows inside the process.Enterprise is mostly used for connecting to a main domain name server you don't really need the features of enterprise for a home PC for the most part in mining industry.You're also not a scumbag for using an unactivated copy of Windows
JukNi

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:37:47 AM

I have used this www.kinguin.net to buy cheap license for different windows version (2 x Windows 7 Pro, 2 x Windows 10 Home and 1 x Windows 10 Pro, 1 x ESET license) every time license have come to email under 5 minutes and every single license have been valid without any problems.

There are lots of other licenses, it´s worth to check it out.
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:08:00 PM

No..no..no
better buy a license although I know many a web which provides an activator of Window and I know doesn't have different between both for the mining process but at least, we have participated to reduce piracy.

JukNi

Activity: 27
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:26:43 PM

No..no..no
better buy a license although I know many a web which provides an activator of Window and I know doesn't have different between both for the mining process but at least, we have participated to reduce piracy.

Those aint any activators or hacks. Purely legal license, I have activated Windows 10 Home by phone and no problems at all.
Many youtubers like Paul´s Hardware use those licenses etc...
nc50lc
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 5733

Self-proclaimed Genius

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:46:05 AM

No..no..no
Why do they even need to activate Windows if there isn't any disadvantage in mining?
Unless you plan to use the rig to something else.

Those aint any activators or hacks. Purely legal license, I have activated Windows 10 Home by phone and no problems at all.
Many youtubers like Paul´s Hardware use those licenses etc...
Those are positively hacks, the most famous one is KMs@rain activator that is a malware which is widely spread among forums and "hacking" sites.
If you meant those free/cheap serial codes and product keys, they aren't "legal" at all, those were just shared by some users.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████