Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 03:54:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why no fiat pairings?  (Read 102 times)
rajatjain (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 16

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:14:09 AM

I think almost everyone of us have contemplated the benefits of introducing fiat pairings with cryptocurrencies on the exchanges, but we do not see any progress from any exchange or even a hint of it from them. What are the possible reasons one can think of non introduction of fiat pairs?

All i can think of that if dollar pairings get introduced, then the SEC will have a closer look into the functioning and the regulations will be more towards digital assets which are somehow linked to the official currency. Will fiat pairings help altcoins save themselves at a time when bitcoin is going down or the fate of all cryptocurrencies are simply tied with bitcoin forever?

hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:17:18 AM

I think almost everyone of us have contemplated the benefits of introducing fiat pairings with cryptocurrencies on the exchanges, but we do not see any progress from any exchange or even a hint of it from them. What are the possible reasons one can think of non introduction of fiat pairs?

All i can think of that if dollar pairings get introduced, then the SEC will have a closer look into the functioning and the regulations will be more towards digital assets which are somehow linked to the official currency. Will fiat pairings help altcoins save themselves at a time when bitcoin is going down or the fate of all cryptocurrencies are simply tied with bitcoin forever?
There are exchange that has a pair with altcoins or cryptocurrency, maybe you are not aware of it. Bittrex and poloneix has a pairing of fiat and altcoin. Other local trading platforms have a pairing in Won and Yen.

LillyBogan

Activity: 18
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:19:28 AM

Because these bankers wont allow that to happen,if they did allow this direct pairing it would be their end because surely cryptocurrencies would have a massive adoption from most of the countries,cryptocurrencies are opposing the centralized banking system that is why these wont be in the same path,like yin and yang negative and positive.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:28:47 AM

I think almost everyone of us have contemplated the benefits of introducing fiat pairings with cryptocurrencies on the exchanges,
i honestly don't see benefits in something like that. all i see are disadvantages.
deposit and withdrawal of fiat are hard, time consuming, easy to scam/charge back/etc, and very expensive. on top of it all when fiat is involved KYC/AML and lots of restrictions and then taxes will also be involved. and nobody (not users and not exchanges) want that.

but we do not see any progress from any exchange or even a hint of it from them. What are the possible reasons one can think of non introduction of fiat pairs?
it is just my assumption but maybe because people don't want that. maybe that is why most altcoin/fiat pairs don't even have a decent volume and the rest have smaller volume than altcoin/bitcoin pairs.

Will fiat pairings help altcoins save themselves at a time when bitcoin is going down or the fate of all cryptocurrencies are simply tied with bitcoin forever?
as long as they are called altcoins and everyone is buying them with sole purpose of making profit on their bitcoins, things will remain the same.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
rajatjain (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 16

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:46:33 AM

it is just my assumption but maybe because people don't want that. maybe that is why most altcoin/fiat pairs don't even have a decent volume and the rest have smaller volume than altcoin/bitcoin pairs.

I don't find any fiat pairings on bittrex and binance which offer the most amount of altcoins. Kraken was one exchange which provides dollar and euro pairings but we all know how much kraken contributes in the total market cap and the number of altcoins offered by it. Decent volume will be achieved if they introduce a dollar or a euro pairing ( in case dollar will bring SEC eyes onto them) in most of the big volume exchanges. Tether's whole market cap suggests how much the crypto community is in need of a fixed value pairing.

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:18:44 PM

I don't think Fiat paring is an issue, the main issue is the demad for this pairs, most people only speculate on some of these tokens and won't even put them on their wallet. If SEC want to go against any thing this can't prevent thwm from doing so
hartfrerk

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:34:28 PM

I agree with some of posts above.
1. There is no real demand for such pairing.
2. There are more disadvantages in it than benefits.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: