Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the 2018 crypto crash is now like the 1990s dot com crash  (Read 1085 times)
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:47:04 PM

Lol this wasn't the same kind of crash, but okay. You could also compare it to tulips like that fat oldan, but there wouldn't be a point. This is technology that is already changing the world far more than the internet even will. The dot com bubble was because of idiots hyping about something you could do with any domain haha. You can't print more bitcoins though.

renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:53:31 PM

I think what is happening now is pure crash not correction etc. I think it will be not hard as dot com bubble, such crash will probably happen when bitcoin reaches prices above $50K.
cryptopusa

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:55:21 PM

Dude you are comparing two different technologies,dot.com bubble was caused by many idiots from the past who doesnt know anything about anything but today cryptocurrencise and people has evolveed more aware to what will happen in the future,predictions are too accurate most of the time that is why people wont lose that much compare to the previous internet bubble.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
GFE

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:56:44 PM

just like the 90s dot com crash, you have many people who lost money, instead of dot coms its coins, every other day in the 90s a new dot com opened up just like the coins now that comes out

its going to take a new generation of people to invest in crypto. I predict a 4 year bear market where its going to be like this for 4 years. there just isnt enough investors anymore

I think it is still usual correction. Also I see that new start ups gather a lot of money during ICO every day. So it is just beginning of blockchain technology development    

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
Willitivity

Activity: 1190
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:57:51 PM

Dot com's crash can never be applied to that of Cryptocurrencies. They are two different things and operate on a different basis. Crypto is providing a tangible service and people are beginning to embrace most of it. That the market went down for sometime doesn't mean that everything is about to crash. It will soon build up.
ethergod

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 07:58:25 PM

Too many people jumped in thinking this was easy money, rather than researching the coins and being selective. There are good coins out there if you look.
maereglapo

Activity: 181
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:01:07 PM

People from the past doesnt have good idea what they are into,people today is getting more aware because we have google that can answer most of the questions today,from the past people really dont have any idea that is why they just based these fact from the rumors or news around the community.Crash would be expected these days because of the high volatility it wont be a suprise.
herromerro

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:03:16 PM

If so there will be some solid project which can survive, and that sounds not bad all.
Better get rid of bad apples.
nikola22

Activity: 1316
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:08:04 PM

many assets have such feature as rising and falling in prices. just look at oil - the price was over $100 and falled under $30. cryptocurrency market is young so such volatility is a common situation.

BetFury                                                    
🐥Twitter | 📩Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 | YouTube 🍿| Instagram  🕹
                                                    Free BTC Satoshi every day                                                   
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:13:19 PM

These are corrections, not crashes.  People have to learn the difference.  A crash is when a price drops to essentialy nothing and the value is lost permanently.  BTC and most everything else that is solid is still way way way higher than it was a year ago.
chutchmcgillicutty

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:15:41 PM

Lol, I still can not see a crash. The crash happens very quick even at traditional markets, bitcoin`s price now is like in November, a lot of altcoins worth much more than in November.

Yeah, this isn't the same  The underlying technology is more important than the internet. Blockchain changes how transactions work!  I think that on day we will look back and this drop from $20K will be a blip on the radar

Cool Cool Cool Cool

GLOBAL DECENTRALIZED ADVERTISING EXCHANGE

Token sale: MAY 21

▄█▄      ▄█▄        
                                 █████    █████       
                        ▄██▄     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▄█▄    ▀██▀                           
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
         ▄     ▀█▀                        ▄█▄        
        ▀█▀                      ▄█▄     █████       
                        ▄██▄    █████     ▀█▀        
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀                  
                ▀█▀                                    
          ▄                      ▄█▄      ▄█▄        
         ▀█▀           ▄██▄    █████    █████       
   ██          ▄█▄    ▀██▀     ▀█▀      ▀█▀        
                ▀█▀                                    
           ▄                      ▄█▄     ▄█▄        
          ▀█▀            ▄██▄   █████   █████       
    ██            ▄█▄   ▀██▀    ▀█▀     ▀█▀        
             ▄    ▀█▀                                 
            ▀█▀                         ▄█▄           
       ██              ▄█▄   ▄██▄    █████          
                  ▄    ▀█▀   ▀██▀     ▀█▀           
                 ▀█▀                                   
            ██                   ▄██▄                 
                    ▄     ▄█▄   ▀██▀                 
                   ▀█▀    ▀█▀                          

▄█   ▄█  ▄█        ▄█████▄   ▀█▄     ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▄▄▄▄▄   ██▀   ▀██    ▀█▄  ▄█▀
██   ██  ██▀▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ████   
██   ██  ██   ██  ██▄   ▄█    ▄██▀▀██▄   
▀██████▀  ▀██████▀  ▀███████▀   ▄██▀   ▀██▄
Telegram
Facebook
ANN Thread
Youtube
LinkedIn
Twitter
Medium
Reddit
Github
mariangpalad

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 08:25:01 PM

We have very differnt situation from the past,the internet bubble is too small compare to the cryptobubble,but the people are more aware the risk that they taking today unlike from the pastthat people only rely to the rumors,that is why today would be very different because the technology today can give you assurance to the possibilities,we have already google that may answer your questions.

tonylewisverdu

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:50:33 PM

no, blockchain is just starting. its only in infancy stage just wait a couple more years and it will reach its peak and see the price then

D135
vasiliy-ifst

Activity: 87

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 07:55:10 PM

just like the 90s dot com crash, you have many people who lost money, instead of dot coms its coins, every other day in the 90s a new dot com opened up just like the coins now that comes out

its going to take a new generation of people to invest in crypto. I predict a 4 year bear market where its going to be like this for 4 years. there just isnt enough investors anymore
Agreed. Now invest ordinary people or enthusiasts who understand and believe in a bright future. And cash bags so far are afraid to invest their money in this niche.
donalfonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 08:02:47 PM

I agree that a crash is always possible, but I disagree that lack of investors can lead o a crash, the dot com crash involved a small niche of people the world is quite smaller now with globalization and better technology that then, so getting investors will never be a problem if you have something good to offer.

ELONCITY    ❱ ❱ ❱ ❱    Power The world for FREE!
Public Sale Coming Soon  │  https://eloncity.io/
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2018, 09:18:37 PM

You sow panic and confuse people who have just learned about cryptocurrency. You always need to think with your head, to have a plan in case of growth and in case of market decline, but as it became known now to cryptocurrency such large players as Rockefellers and George Soros looked. I hope everyone knows what these people are and what it means for the cryptocurrency market.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
nata777

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:20:30 PM

I doubt the already begun market of bears, because there was very little capitalization, I think the main growth is still ahead.
Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 09:54:50 PM

It's a bit like the 1990s dot com crash.

People know that crypto is going to be a promising investment, but they cannot accept it yet. So yes, it is going to take a whole new generation, just like internet stocks in the 1990s. But, just like the dot com stocks, I think cryptos will prove its worth in the long run. If you invested at the peak of the dot com bubble into amazon, you still would have gotten over 1000% returns now compared to 20 years back. Unlike stocks, crypto prices does not depend on the revenue that it generates since it's not a security.

I think you're overly bearish, however. I'd say there's going to be a bear market of around 1-2 years, I don't think it's going to be 4 years.
tinof

Activity: 343

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:11:17 PM

Nonsense. The two events have nothing incoming.

First the crypto did not crash, and second the whole crypto Market Cap is $319,789,617,637, which is nothing compare to the real economy bubbles.

Zocadas

Activity: 909
Merit: 508

View Profile
April 14, 2018, 10:23:13 PM

Nonsense. The two events have nothing incoming.

First the crypto did not crash, and second the whole crypto Market Cap is $319,789,617,637, which is nothing compare to the real economy bubbles.

So it is. There was no crash. Just compare the prices today with last year. Nearly all well established cryptocurrencies are still up. It was just a little correction. But the signs for new ups are good as we can assume after G20. Man governments are more positive minded, than against the cryptocurrency technologies.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: