Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:42:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1MaUVgXCgdXLkmXwQ4WDek5yaK86zYXw2q  (Read 194 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
teramit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1870
Merit: 1387

The Last Cryptocoin Burner

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:28:02 AM

That address is responsible for last months falling.
thanks to that mt gox trustee.
https://blockchain.info/tr/address/1MaUVgXCgdXLkmXwQ4WDek5yaK86zYXw2q
still some btc in wallet by the time this msg sent.
Bacuse we heart the news i hope thats all
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
MoonIsBlue

Activity: 406
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 05:44:16 PM

I read that the court settled on 400$ per BTC for dupees of Gox. Guess Gox leaves with a fat paycheck from this all huh?

cryptokwuk

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:26:50 PM

I read that the court settled on 400$ per BTC for dupees of Gox. Guess Gox leaves with a fat paycheck from this all huh?

Are you surprised? Anybody that has had a good conversation with MT knows this was exactly the long game he was playing.
MoonIsBlue

Merit: 111

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:18:37 AM

Are you surprised? Anybody that has had a good conversation with MT knows this was exactly the long game he was playing.

I am yeah cause the court settled this. They know exactly how much BTC there is and its rather strange that the judge would settle for a price way back then when the prices of selling we're 20x-40x higher. leaving Gox with the excess, less he was bribed or something.

RejectedBanana

Merit: 551

I am a banana.

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 02:27:33 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 02:47:04 AM by mfort312

That address is responsible for last months falling.
thanks to that mt gox trustee.
https://blockchain.info/tr/address/1MaUVgXCgdXLkmXwQ4WDek5yaK86zYXw2q
still some btc in wallet by the time this msg sent.
Bacuse we heart the news i hope thats all

Please don't feed the bears. If you really believed in Bitcoin, you'd stop perpetuating (or acting on) FUD.

https://cointelegraph.com/news/effects-of-mt-gox-trustees-400-mln-sale-on-bitcoin-market

tl;dr:

Conclusion: Kobayashi’s actions not so significant

The rebound in the price of Bitcoin from the alleged declines caused by Kobayashi may have also been induced by Kobayashi.

It’s possible that investors bought more Bitcoin after Kobayashi drove the price down, which moved the price of Bitcoin back up and caused the cryptocurrency to finish in the green four out of the five sale days.

The correlation between Kobayashi selling Bitcoin and the return on Bitcoin for the day is negatively correlated at -.655240891. This means that the movements in the price of Bitcoin and the amount of coins that Kobayashi unloads on the market move independently of each other.

Consider instead:

- Goxees are actually receiving settlements?! Wowee. How much of that will come right back into crypto? Kobayashi may be an idiot, and a short-lived one at that, but the fact that Bitcoin has appreciated so frucking much that the trustee only needed to liquidate 15% of the recovered stash to pay back ALL the creditors' claims is a miracle in and of itself. That's not exactly how the story ended with Bernie Madoff's clients. This fact is being WAY under-reported. I can't believe the market is focused so much more on slippage instead of Bitcoin's incredible asset appreciation since then. The real idiots in this story are the judge and creditors who insisted on being paid back in fiat-equivalent at the time of Gox's collapse instead of Bitcoin, just because the price of BTC continued to collapse post-Mt Gox. Oh ye of little faith, careful what you ask for and now eat your frucking cake!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: