Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 12:33:14 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will bitcoin destroy the world?  (Read 1947 times)
ashahin7799

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:49:09 PM

Bitcoin can not destroy the earth.There is a lot of energy needed to destroy the world.But bitcoin can not really apply the power.But it is true that bitcoin has some negative effects.Which may cause some problems in world economics.But if people can use bitcoin properly, then this problem is not a problem.If people work with bitcoin as positive, then bitcoin can play a big role in the global economy.
Bodik1710

Activity: 57

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:49:35 PM

I think that Bitcoin will destroy the world.There are many problems with Bitcoin.To my mind Bitcoin is too popular!!!
Adiba14

Activity: 69

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:56:14 PM

If bitcoin can destroy the world I think it's impossible because bitcoin is just a digital currency that has less risk to the world economy. instead I feel bitcoin can solve some world economic problems with the advantages possessed bitcoin.
CryptoOOO

Activity: 24

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:01:36 PM

Will Bitcoin destroy the world?

Because mining takes alot of energy?

Hyperbol much?
Oppang Inamo

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:09:54 PM

Yes you are right that bitcoin mining may have been really bad for the electricity sources but what you have missed was the alternative resources right now. I mean,  you could even use the wind the suns light just to produce electricity. Though the money that will be needing to built it would really cost much still there are some new ways to produce electricity yet reduce the effect of it to global warming. Our technology have already gone very far and it would really be possible for us to produce a electricity without destroying the earth.
Mihail.B

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:27:06 PM

Why there is a comparison with oil, why not compare with alternative energy sources, such as wind or water. After all, humanity will soon come to such sources of energy.. So bitcoin is not in any way harmful to the environment.
Tusher1234

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:41:49 PM

I think, no. Bitcoin will not destroy the world. Othe side, bitcoin is a digital currency. It is better than paper money.
tanginamoo

Activity: 276
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 07:51:28 PM

I believe that the bitcoin will not and cannot destroy the world but instead the bitcoin has the calabiloty to improve the world. With the use of bitcoin, people can gain a lof of benefits out of it.

Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:10:06 PM

I think that we do not have any problems with electricity while mining bitcoin. In Europe they are trying almost completely to switch to the use of environmentally friendly and inexhaustible types of energy, such as wind and solar energy. This energy is unlimited and the technology for their use is improved every year. Therefore, I do not see any problems in this regard. In this regard, bitcoin can not destroy anything. This problem is far-fetched.
mrsimons121

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:13:30 PM

Bitcoin will never destroy the world. We have many source of energy and we use it in many ways. Not only bitcoin use energy, Many other technology and invention also use energy. Why is it bitcoin is the cause of destroying the world? I am not agree on that statement.
xxxRaidysxxx

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:34:29 PM

I do not think so. Bitcoin only change world payments system. Bitcoin of consumption of energy is the main problem which faces crypto - community in the near future. Perhaps, it will be required to create additional network over the main bitcoins
jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:51:42 PM

Bitcoin mining is based on very high energy costs and environmental costs.

One bitcoin =20 barrels of oil.

How many barrels of oil do you think the industry consumes every year?

10 barrels? 50 barrel?

Each year, the mining industry consumes more than 24 terawatts of energy, the equivalent of 13,239,916 barrels of oil.

Every 10 minutes, 12.5 bitcoins are dug up, meaning 20 barrels of crude oil have been reached since each bitcoin was dug up (not yet traded).

In other words, the amount of energy consumed by the global bitcoin mining campaign is 40 times greater than the amount of energy needed to support the Visa card network.

One bitcoin transaction = one American family USES electricity a week.

According to encrypt the currency analyst Alex DE Vries estimate an index, the currency trading energy consumed each year more than 24 tw, this is equivalent to total energy consumed each year in Nigeria, which has a population of 186 million.

Currently, about 300,000 bitcoins are traded each day. Each bitcoin transaction costs 215 kilowatt-hours of energy.

The average American household USES about 901 kilowatt-hours of electricity a month, which means that each bitcoin exchange consumes enough energy to make an American family comfortable for a week.

What do you think about the energy consumption of bitcoin?

I think the energy consumption in mining bitcoin can be solve if we use renewable energy from the sun or wind. The technological advancement like bitcoin needs energy but we also need to conserve our environment and personally, I think green energy is the solution. So I don't really think that mining in this digital world can directly affect the environmental crisis we are already dealing with.

Shiversnow

Activity: 688
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 08:56:14 PM

10 barrels? 50 barrel?

Each year, the mining industry consumes more than 24 terawatts of energy, the equivalent of 13,239,916 barrels of oil.

Every 10 minutes, 12.5 bitcoins are dug up, meaning 20 barrels of crude oil have been reached since each bitcoin was dug up (not yet traded).

In other words, the amount of energy consumed by the global bitcoin mining campaign is 40 times greater than the amount of energy needed to support the Visa card network.

According to encrypt the currency analyst Alex DE Vries estimate an index, the currency trading energy consumed each year more than 24 tw, this is equivalent to total energy consumed each year in Nigeria, which has a population of 186 million.

Currently, about 300,000 bitcoins are traded each day. Each bitcoin transaction costs 215 kilowatt-hours of energy.

The average American household USES about 901 kilowatt-hours of electricity a month, which means that each bitcoin exchange consumes enough energy to make an American family comfortable for a week.

Bitcoin's goal is pretty far from destroying the world. In fact bitcoin's main goal is to change our monetary system. There are also other ways aside from burning fossil fuel to produce electricity needed to make the system run. Plus, those alternatives are infinite unlike the fossil fuels which is decreasing in a fast rate. So I don't believe that bitcoin will destroy the planet just because of the energy it consumes.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:00:14 PM

10 barrels? 50 barrel?

There is a fixed amount of bitcoin that can be mined or produced unlike fiat. And the system of bitcoin needs energy to secure the network and to connect transactions globally. For these reasons, I think the energy it consumes is worth the innovation. But I also believe that we should approach clean energy sources like wind, water, and sun to power up not only the bitcoin industry but also the whole society.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
dominional

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 09:01:23 PM

Will bitcoin destroy the world? Not at all because is only affecting the world positively  in other to change people's life and make people's life better and it is affecting the globe positively.

▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃
Elai101

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 09:03:27 PM

10 barrels? 50 barrel?

I think the energy consumption in mining bitcoin can be solve if we use renewable energy from the sun or wind. The technological advancement like bitcoin needs energy but we also need to conserve our environment and personally, I think green energy is the solution. So I don't really think that mining in this digital world can directly affect the environmental crisis we are already dealing with.
Yes, talking about energy uses for bitcoin mining is totally can't destroy the world because there is an option of using green energy that can be used like of that solar energy or the wind energy and in fact it truly help those people who have no income by having good earning from bitcoin, therefore bitcoin helps people to live better life in this world.
lillyann

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:53:18 PM

10 barrels? 50 barrel?

In my opinion, everything is a matter of profitability and the price of the BTC itself. The problem is that BTC has a finite number and finally the limit will end Sad.
melekseverce

Activity: 140
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:29:09 PM

Governments are the ones who threaten destroy the world with their mass destruction weapons. And those toys are financed with fiat money, not Bitcoin.
crazymelons12

Activity: 238
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:41:22 PM

I see that you have some good points. We are wasting energy here that could eventually create a world wide phenomena. That is why countries are making efforts to awaken others about the effects of burning oil and other forms of energy sources that had greatly created an impact to our planet earth which could lead to its destruction. People around the world celebrate the Earth Hour to remind us about this. But I would have to make it clear that it is not just about bitcoin, in every action being done when we used our energy source, we affect the Earth.
KennyR

Activity: 2310
Merit: 532

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:45:03 PM

If the objective of bitcoin is to destroy the world. Now this could have destroyed at least a small portion of the world. The motto for which it has been developed is different, and even by this instance it has got lots of illegal usage and the same doesn't mean it is destroying the world. It's been used for illegal needs, because even without bitcoin illegal activities were taking place in a common manner.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: