Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:41:35 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2018-03-09] Russians Think Bitcoin Makes a Great Present  (Read 150 times)
ivanpoldark (OP)

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:47:18 AM

Cryptocurrency is gaining popularity in Russia as a good idea for a gift. According to a new survey, more and more Russians believe cryptos, like bitcoin, would make their girlfriends and wives happy on special occasions. The 8th of March is celebrated as Women’s Day in Russia and in many other countries. 

Bouquets, Gadgets, and Bitcoins

Russian women expect special attention on March 8. The International Women’s Day is celebrated as official holiday in the Russia Federation and around the world. According to an online poll, conducted by Hi-tech Mail.ru, the crypto craze is influencing decision-making when it comes to choosing the right present for the occasion.

The survey reveals that cryptocurrency is becoming a popular choice for a ladies gift. More Russian men admit they would rather surprise women with cryptos than with rubles. A third of the respondents say they are going to buy flowers. Gadgets are also quite popular – 14 percent think a new iPhone sounds like the perfect gift. Only a tenth of those questioned claim modern Russian women don’t need a present for the Women’s Day.

Another 13 percent of the polled intend to surprise their girlfriends or wives with some crypto cash, saying that’s the best present. Almost 60 percent of them prefer bitcoin, while ethereum takes the second place with 22 percent. Litecoin and the centralized Ripple are next with 5 percent each. 7 percent think of some other currency. More than 4,000 people have participated in the online survey.

Read more: https://news.bitcoin.com/russians-think-bitcoin-makes-great-present/
SaintGraal

Activity: 87
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:58:59 AM

Such a hype Cheesy
Everyone hopes for the best and believe to get rich without efforts
superjeyy

Activity: 182
Merit: 147

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:21:03 PM

Well, I don't think this is just applicable in Russia. I think it is also prevalent in other countries how any type of venture can be used and be more appreciated as a gift. Considering how profitable it can be in the long run, there is no doubt people would favor it over boquets that decay, chocolates that expire, or any other gift that doesn't grow in value over time. I have noticed how more people are choosing to be more practical nowadays, so it's true that people would love to receive such gifts. I guess being more practical in gift giving would also be better so that the money you used to buy that gift would be worth it.
greeklogos

Activity: 658
Merit: 152

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:05:59 PM

Well, if a girl know what is bitcoin and how to spend it of course it is going to be a nice present and not only for girl! I also would gladly accept such present at my birthday for example. I really didn't knew that bitcoin is so much popular in Russia to take such big percent for presents. I thought they are mostly in a local mining, but not in wide use.
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:47:15 PM

Only utter noobs think like that. In life there is no such a thing as becoming rich effortlessly. In some cases you may have the luck and find something like Bitcoin in its initial stage, but even that doesn't guarantee you to become rich. If you buy Bitcoin at $1, you'll likely sell at $2 or $3 afterwards. If you buy at $10, you'll sell at $30, or 99% chance you'll sell before reaching $100. Early birds having held their coins till now are not focused on fiat, but on how to avoid banks and governments, where they may even believe that Bitcoin will become a mainstream payment/value tool. If the aforementioned intentions aren't present, just forget about it, you will not manage to accomplish the same result.

On another note, last year I have paid a non crypto designer in Bitcoin to create a few great looking paper wallet templates for myself that I can give away to friends and family. I remember how usually the younger generation was focused mainly on their materialistic presents, while they now look forward to their paper wallets. I think I gave away like 10 or so paper wallets in total containing each a certain amount of Bitcoin, and great thing is that one of the family members I gave it to, has bought himself a small chunk of a Bitcoin to have it be sent to his paper wallet. Grin He even considers buying more later on.
peter0425

Activity: 2688
Merit: 447

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:24:56 PM

In other news: Russian government can't make up their mind to accept or ban bitcoins. Its a continues back and forth discussion around the circles of Putin that's they they are contradicting their every announcement.

Going back to the topic, What kind of article is this? Doesn't have any to add up to bitcoin discussion except that bitcoin now is the new diamond for the ladies in Russia?

Its gonna be hard to swallow once Putin's government put a tighter regulations on crypto and worst weild his hammer and totally ban it. All Russian girls go run and cry at the corner.  Grin

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
orions.belt19

Activity: 686
Merit: 146

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:35:22 PM

I wonder how this went well for the Russian men? I imagine that most women prefer a material gift over cash, so I'm not quite sure they would prefer a crypto gift unless they're practical people. Most women I know are not so interested with crypto but perhaps the women in Russia are different. I don't want to be sexist here but it was just a simple observation. Only about maybe 10-20% of those who are in the cryptoscene are women. I'm betting that any woman I would ask would still prefer that diamond over bitcoin.
SaintGraal

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:19:50 AM

Only utter noobs think like that. In life there is no such a thing as becoming rich effortlessly. In some cases you may have the luck and find something like Bitcoin in its initial stage, but even that doesn't guarantee you to become rich.

Of course, I totally agree with you that there is no such a thing as becoming rich effortlessly (or at least it happens extremely rare xD)
Anyway, if you decided to give fiat as a present, it's difficult to imagine that somebody will go to the exchange for trading or will hold it waiting for the price growth. I just mean this hype and the desire to get enriched with crypto is a bit funny for me:-X
Rustamm

Activity: 532
Merit: 18

Bitcoin lover!

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:00:28 AM

If the survey data is correct, this indicates a great interest in crypto currency in Russia. It will be difficult for the State Duma to adopt a bill on the introduction of criminal liability for the use of crypto currency as a means of payment.
SaintGraal

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:40:19 PM

If the survey data is correct, this indicates a great interest in crypto currency in Russia. It will be difficult for the State Duma to adopt a bill on the introduction of criminal liability for the use of crypto currency as a means of payment.

It seems to me that there is nothing impossible for the Russian State Duma in terms of the legislation adoption
Lancusters

Activity: 630
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 02:21:11 PM

Lol. That in this difficult? I am confident that nothing will happen if the government so decides. Russian people are silent. There are many more radical solutions which limit the rights of Russian and they silently take it. In the USSR, there has always been a ban on the storage and use of us dollars. Sometimes for trade dollars even shot. But it didn't stop people. It will also be with cryptocurrencies.
chocomartin

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:12:47 PM

Good for them! Although a better gift would be bitcoins + a bouquet simply for the sentiments.  Grin I mean just imagine telling your girl "I got you bitcoins" no problem if your girl doesn't mind but where's the romance in that, it would be smoother to give them the usual flowers/chocolate and then just mention that you also gave them a couple of bitcoins.

I just wish it was the same where I'm from though, based on the data a lot of Russians are already open to the concept of cryptocurrencies.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:04:53 PM

Cryptocurrency is gaining popularity in Russia as a good idea for a gift. According to a new survey, more and more Russians believe cryptos, like bitcoin, would make their girlfriends and wives happy on special occasions. The 8th of March is celebrated as Women’s Day in Russia and in many other countries. 

Russian women expect special attention on March 8. The International Women’s Day is celebrated as official holiday in the Russia Federation and around the world. According to an online poll, conducted by Hi-tech Mail.ru, the crypto craze is influencing decision-making when it comes to choosing the right present for the occasion.

The survey reveals that cryptocurrency is becoming a popular choice for a ladies gift. More Russian men admit they would rather surprise women with cryptos than with rubles. A third of the respondents say they are going to buy flowers. Gadgets are also quite popular – 14 percent think a new iPhone sounds like the perfect gift. Only a tenth of those questioned claim modern Russian women don’t need a present for the Women’s Day.

Another 13 percent of the polled intend to surprise their girlfriends or wives with some crypto cash, saying that’s the best present. Almost 60 percent of them prefer bitcoin, while ethereum takes the second place with 22 percent. Litecoin and the centralized Ripple are next with 5 percent each. 7 percent think of some other currency. More than 4,000 people have participated in the online survey.

Well I would want to receive just the same! It is like being given shares of stocks, only that Bitcoin is better for now because of its value. What is more is the fact that you are given the leeway to withdraw at anytime, especially when Bitcoin's price is skyrocketing. I think so too being gifted with Bitcoin is more practical than the usual bouquets because it has store of value and does not get rotten with time. Hence, I get why these Russian women prefer Bitcoin as gift better than anything else. Good choice right there!
veleten
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1106

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:05:04 PM

Well I would want to receive just the same! It is like being given shares of stocks, only that Bitcoin is better for now because of its value. What is more is the fact that you are given the leeway to withdraw at anytime, especially when Bitcoin's price is skyrocketing. I think so too being gifted with Bitcoin is more practical than the usual bouquets because it has store of value and does not get rotten with time. Hence, I get why these Russian women prefer Bitcoin as gift better than anything else. Good choice right there!

I'd love to recieve a bitcoin as a present
instead of a usual  pair of socks  Grin
but the poll like this is nothing more than  a manipulation and a clickbait
Russians prefer bitcoins as a present! if you  asked a Somali pirate if he  preferred bitcoins as a present the answers would be pretty much the same
those who know how much does it cost would answer yes,of course
doesn't mean that russians,suddenly, became more procrypto or started to gift bitcoins left and right,duh

▄▄████▄▄
      ▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄
   ▄████████▄▄▄▄████████▄
  ▀██████████████████████▀
▐█▄▄ ▀▀████▀    ▀████▀▀ ▄▄██
▐█████▄▄ ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ ▄▄██▀  █
▐██ ▀████▄▄ ▀██▀ ▄▄████  ▄██
▐██  ███████▄  ▄████████████
▐██  █▌▐█ ▀██  ██████▀  ████
▐██  █▌▐█  ██  █████  ▄█████
 ███▄ ▌▐█  ██  ████████████▀
  ▀▀████▄ ▄██  ██▀  ████▀▀
      ▀▀█████  █  ▄██▀▀
         ▀▀██  ██▀▀
.WINDICE.████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
      ▄████████▀
     ▄████████
    ▄███████▀
   ▄███████▀
  ▄█████████████
 ▄████████████▀
▄███████████▀
     █████▀
    ████▀
   ████
  ███▀
 ██▀
█▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
     ▄▄█████▄   ▄▄▄▄
    ██████████▄███████▄
  ▄████████████████████▌
 ████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
 ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
     ▄█     ▄█     ▄█
   ▄██▌   ▄██▌   ▄██▌
   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀
       ▄█     ▄█
     ▄██▌   ▄██▌
     ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
                   ▄█▄
                 ▄█████▄
                █████████▄
       ▄       ██ ████████▌
     ▄███▄    ▐█▌▐█████████
   ▄███████▄   ██ ▀███████▀
 ▄███████████▄  ▀██▄▄████▀
▐█ ▄███████████    ▀▀▀▀
█ █████████████▌      ▄
█▄▀████████████▌    ▄███▄
▐█▄▀███████████    ▐█▐███▌
 ▀██▄▄▀▀█████▀      ▀█▄█▀
   ▀▀▀███▀▀▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
iePlay NoweiI
I
I
I
[/t
Oasisman

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:28:14 AM

In other news: Russian government can't make up their mind to accept or ban bitcoins. Its a continues back and forth discussion around the circles of Putin that's they they are contradicting their every announcement.

Going back to the topic, What kind of article is this? Doesn't have any to add up to bitcoin discussion except that bitcoin now is the new diamond for the ladies in Russia?

Its gonna be hard to swallow once Putin's government put a tighter regulations on crypto and worst weild his hammer and totally ban it. All Russian girls go run and cry at the corner.  Grin

LOL! I dont think Russian Government has a plan to accept Bitcoin and cryptocurrency since this issue is just going in circles. I have been googling and reading articles about the relation of Russia to cryptocurrency, hoping that this issue has already come to a decision already. But no, I dont think it will going to happen, the issue will still remain hanging, I guess its better this way than completely ban cyrpto in their country  Grin.
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:02:05 AM

Only utter noobs think like that. In life there is no such a thing as becoming rich effortlessly. In some cases you may have the luck and find something like Bitcoin in its initial stage, but even that doesn't guarantee you to become rich. If you buy Bitcoin at $1, you'll likely sell at $2 or $3 afterwards. If you buy at $10, you'll sell at $30, or 99% chance you'll sell before reaching $100. Early birds having held their coins till now are not focused on fiat, but on how to avoid banks and governments, where they may even believe that Bitcoin will become a mainstream payment/value tool. If the aforementioned intentions aren't present, just forget about it, you will not manage to accomplish the same result.

This was exactly what happened with many early holders of Bitcoin. Without the power to know exactly what can be, seeing your Bitcoin go from $1 to $10, the attraction to sell can be not so easy to surmount. Only those people who decided to just forget the Bitcoin they are holding are able to enjoy the fruits of richness today even at the current rate of around $10K per Bitcoin.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: