Bitcoin Forum
August 17, 2024, 07:20:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do most ICO's list on HitBTC?  (Read 70 times)
magle (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 09:34:45 AM

Have you guys noticed that most ICOs list on HitBTC or at least announce that they will list on HitBTC, like it is something special. While HitBTC might have a lot of volumne in ETH and BTC. The reality is that for most tokens that get listed there, they have very low volumne and since the ICOs generally target HitBTC as their main exchange. The general volumne for the tokens will be low and so will the prices.

I assume that the reason ICOs want to get on HitBTC, is because they think it will bring volumne, but in reality it does not bring volumne trade at all.  

One of the tokens i hold, that actually decided to trade on something else that just HitBTC is Crypto20.

Looking at their trading volumne, it is clear to see that Bibox exchange has almost 10.000.000 USD in volumne per day and HitBTC only 25.000 USD.  For the same token!

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/c20/#markets

(It is worth nothing that Crypto20 initially just raised 40 million USD)

HitBTC generally has too high fees for people wanting to trade tokens there and simply too many tokens listed, at least that is what i think is the reason why main ICO listings on HitBTC fail.  

Is there any other reason it can be?

I'm not complaning that ICO's list on the HitBTC, i just wonder why so many ICOs go after HitBTC when the volumne in tokens are generally are very low.
Ini35

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:47:08 AM

I do not also see it a as a good idea for ICOs to first start their listing on HitBTC. Personally i do not use HitBTC and i think likewise so many people do not always use it, perhaps due to the trading fee.
My assumption is that, these ICOs go for HitBTC probably because they feel HitBTC is a big exchange and that it will give a good hype to their project. Meanwhile volume is an important factor to put into consideration, because if people do not trade that particular token or coin on that exchange, there no how there will be increase in volume.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: