Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 05:38:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is the DIW platform the answer to ICO and cryptos winter?  (Read 236 times)
cryptoenterprise (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:54:27 AM
Last edit: March 16, 2018, 08:07:12 AM by cryptoenterprise
Merited by jacquelinecr (2)

The market is full of ICOs and because of that it makes it very difficult to discern and find which are good ones.

But what do we mean with “good” ones?

It’s not a simple question if they are scams or not!

Some may start with good intentions to deliver a product, but delivering a product is one thing, being useful is another thing. Also do they utilise their token, and if so how and to what extent?

So how I define a good ICO? By simply answering the following questions which i consider very important ones as crypto project is a form of business.

Doing my research I found a project called DIW Token that answers in reasonable extent my questions and I find out that can also help the whole community. Please check the results of my research and feel free to express your thoughts if you agree or disagree with me.

1. Q: How it utilizes blockchain technology?
   A: DIW utilizes blockchain technology by using ready made technologies on blockchain, this saves a ton of developers time and money, also its entangles the ICO community together as one. It develops new security protocols that can be utilized and trusted only by the blockchain network and not centralised servers.

2. Q: What problem/s does it solve?
   A: How many times do people get scammed in digital world and real life?
   i.e.
An individual or a company is pretending that is selling some quality tyres, you choose what you want, you pay and you end up receiving nothing.
How many times has someone pretended to be someone and is someone else?
How safe is it to save on a centralised server or on your computer sensitive data such as: Passwords, Login Credentials ,Visa Card Numbers, Cryptocurrency Wallet Seeds?
All those are serious problems that people are facing on a daily basis.
DIW solves such issues with the following:
* Identity verification, which offer scammer protection
* No double/fake accounts
* The Seller identity is real (verified KYS)
* The Buyer is real (verified with KYC).
*Payment is secured for buyers and sellers from DIW Escrow service.
*Sellers have personal ratings in DIWs Global hub that ensures the quality of their services.
*Ensures ultimate security for very important and sensitive data storage, transfer and sharing.

3. Q: Is it a realistic project with a realistic approach?
   A: DIW utilizes blockchain technology to the max by utilizing ready made technologies on blockchain, this save a ton of developers time research and money, also it entangles the ICO community together as one.
DIW offers an infrastructure of a complete A to Z platform that utilizes already developed real products on blockchain, and reinforces them by new secure protocols that ensure the maximum possible security.

4. Q:  Is the project made for the masses or just for the few?
   A: The problems that DIW is solving are problems that most people around the world are facing everyday and are struggling for solutions. That gives the project the chance to become something big.

5. Q:  How does the project utilize its token in its ecosystem?
   A: DIW utilizes in a big extent its token.
Data Storage, Data Secure transfer, Escrow Service, Assessment, Product purchases through DIW payment gateway, Global Directory Rank Push (if a member want to appear in the top of the list).

6. Q: Is the amount asked for funding reasonable?
   A: Yes as DIW is building the infrastructure for a platform that will utilize seemingless blockchain technologies and new blockchain protocols that will ensure the ultimate security.
In order for projects to be developed and marketed correctly they need a serious amount of funds as we talk about new technologies and new products. Also, companies need to hire employees in a niche market, buildings, advertisement, improvements in technology, market research etc...

7. Q: Can the team deliver such a product?
   A: From my research the project has a highly motivated and transparent team with a very strong background and a solid rock idea that has utilized in such beautiful way the blockchain technology.

Conclusion:

So what was so interesting in that project that was worth my time and research?

First I will explain in very simple words how do I envision their payment procedure that they offer.
It’s like I’m buying tyres in a nearby shop in my city. It’s like a face to face transaction. You know that the shop and the owner exist for real because they are verified in the DIW platform.
You know that they selling tyres (KYS). The supplier knows that you want to buy for real, this is why you visited his shop (KYC).
You heard from other people in your neighborhood that this shop has good quality tyres this is why you went to that shop in the first place (DIW Global Rating System) .
You pay and you receive the product (DIW Escrow Service).

Are the same procedures with real life interaction but now in a digital more secure and luxury form..

Also in terms of security for sensitive data they offer a double layer of security which include software and hardware protection.

All real life interactions utilized in a secure digital form using blockchain technology.
000JC88

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:25:34 AM

I can't agree more of with your research, we have so many ICOs and only few are really utilize their token, most of them have no real use of their token and I believe is the main reason why Crypto tokens are dumping so much every time that there is FUD.

What I would like to add to your research is that DIW can be the missing solution that crypto market needs for self regulated ICOs and a safety net for investors.
I found today this article here https://www.coindesk.com/crypto-industry-should-self-regulate-says-cftc-commissioner
DIW makes absolute sense to me as the platform that can solve 99% of the problems of crypto community.
MarioLuck990

Activity: 157

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:43:48 PM

What I like about DIW, is that is a 360" solution that utilize real already developed blockchain projects and combine them to create a platform that will serve the security of our everyday life and help the whole Internet to be an absolutely safer place.
What is attending DIW to do is big but if we had DIW today it would save many people for scammers, help the whole community grow up and other good ICO come to light. Also not only that, it could help small online business  to grow up and individuals to have a verified ID of who they are by their good reputation in the global rating (a very smart idea).
michael shikany

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:46:25 PM

I think that is not a good time to an investment ICO, because in all countries to formulate strict regulatory measures to regulate the ICO, so the current investment ICO is a risky thing, I want to buy BTC is likely to be a better choice.

orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:49:11 PM

The market is full of ICOs and because of that it makes it very difficult to discern and find which are good ones.

But what do we mean with “good” ones?

It’s not a simple question if they are scams or not!

Some may start with good intentions to deliver a product, but delivering a product is one thing, being useful is another thing. Also do they utilise their token, and if so how and to what extent?

So how I define a good ICO? By simply answering the following questions which i consider very important ones as crypto project is a form of business.

Doing my research I found a project that answers in reasonable extent my questions and I find out that can also help the whole community. Please check the results of my research and feel free to express your thoughts if you agree or disagree with me.

1. Q: How it utilizes blockchain technology?
   A: DIW utilizes blockchain technology by using ready made technologies on blockchain, this saves a ton of developers time and money, also its entangles the ICO community together as one. It develops new security protocols that can be utilized and trusted only by the blockchain network and not centralised servers.

2. Q: What problem/s does it solve?
   A: How many times do people get scammed in digital world and real life?
   i.e.
An individual or a company is pretending that is selling some quality tyres, you choose what you want, you pay and you end up receiving nothing.
How many times has someone pretended to be someone and is someone else?
How safe is it to save on a centralised server or on your computer sensitive data such as: Passwords, Login Credentials ,Visa Card Numbers, Cryptocurrency Wallet Seeds?
All those are serious problems that people are facing on a daily basis.
DIW solves such issues with the following:
* Identity verification, which offer scammer protection
* No double/fake accounts
* The Seller identity is real (verified KYS)
* The Buyer is real (verified with KYC).
*Payment is secured for buyers and sellers from DIW Escrow service.
*Sellers have personal ratings in DIWs Global hub that ensures the quality of their services.
*Ensures ultimate security for very important and sensitive data storage, transfer and sharing.

3. Q: Is it a realistic project with a realistic approach?
   A: DIW utilizes blockchain technology to the max by utilizing ready made technologies on blockchain, this save a ton of developers time research and money, also it entangles the ICO community together as one.
DIW offers an infrastructure of a complete A to Z platform that utilizes already developed real products on blockchain, and reinforces them by new secure protocols that ensure the maximum possible security.

4. Q:  Is the project made for the masses or just for the few?
   A: The problems that DIW is solving are problems that most people around the world are facing everyday and are struggling for solutions. That gives the project the chance to become something big.

5. Q:  How does the project utilize its token in its ecosystem?
   A: DIW utilizes in a big extent its token.
Data Storage, Data Secure transfer, Escrow Service, Assessment, Product purchases through DIW payment gateway, Global Directory Rank Push (if a member want to appear in the top of the list).

6. Q: Is the amount asked for funding reasonable?
   A: Yes as DIW is building the infrastructure for a platform that will utilize seemingless blockchain technologies and new blockchain protocols that will ensure the ultimate security.
In order for projects to be developed and marketed correctly they need a serious amount of funds as we talk about new technologies and new products. Also, companies need to hire employees in a niche market, buildings, advertisement, improvements in technology, market research etc...

7. Q: Can the team deliver such a product?
   A: From my research the project has a highly motivated and transparent team with a very strong background and a solid rock idea that has utilized in such beautiful way the blockchain technology.

Conclusion:

So what was so interesting in that project that was worth my time and research?

First I will explain in very simple words how do I envision their payment procedure that they offer.
It’s like I’m buying tyres in a nearby shop in my city. It’s like a face to face transaction. You know that the shop and the owner exist for real because they are verified in the DIW platform.
You know that they selling tyres (KYS). The supplier knows that you want to buy for real, this is why you visited his shop (KYC).
You heard from other people in your neighborhood that this shop has good quality tyres this is why you went to that shop in the first place (DIW Global Rating System) .
You pay and you receive the product (DIW Escrow Service).

Are the same procedures with real life interaction but now in a digital more secure and luxury form..

Also in terms of security for sensitive data they offer a double layer of security which include software and hardware protection.

All real life interactions utilized in a secure digital form using blockchain technology.

I think that it is much better to use Rocket ICO because they will do the due-diligence themselves so you can really trust the projects and invest with confidence.
BitandAlt

Activity: 191
Merit: 21

Decentralized Security - DIW

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:07:34 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 01:34:30 PM by BitandAlt

I think that it is much better to use Rocket ICO because they will do the due-diligence themselves so you can really trust the projects and invest with confidence.

I personally feel that doing your own research - your own due-diligence - is better than taking advice from a third party such as Rocket ICO or any other ICO or project. In most cases, if not all cases, you will receive a biased set of information and that is not fair on any ICO regardless of which one you follow relentlessly. Rocket ICO for example is a platform that connects experts in their efforts to handle the blockchain community and build members’ trust. But it will take much time and resources to do this. Resources might not be the issue, but time is of the essence. People want to find the answer to a solution today, not tomorrow. This community needs to find peace of mind and in my opinion DIW can give you this, along with security of all your data. Knowing that your virtual life is safe from harms way is something i know would give me peace of mind and i would be able to sleep well at night knowing that i won't be hacked or scammed again!

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
anelenaniku

Activity: 136

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:05:19 PM

Hello everyone, interesting research.
DIW was under my radar too, is the only ICO that make sense to me at the current time. Anyhow...
I have spent some time study the whitepaper and how the team approach thing and is really interesting, at least to me. The utilization of existing projects, is a very smart move from them, it makes such a big project able to be done in a very short time, and the most important, it benefits everyone!
Crypto community and all the world has to get from this project, it seems that will be one of the top 8 in the coinmarketcap in the future.
abcd7

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:21:54 PM

I like making research regarding ICO'S but honestly speaking i am avoiding them since i consider them very risky. What i do not like is that many of them are promising too many things and from the time that you read their whitepaper it cause you headache as you try to understand what they want to say and what they are trying to do and at the end untill you finish the reading of the whitepaper you think that you are stupid or that you dont know anything about technology.But the truth is that most of them they do not know what they will do and they try to reinvent the weel. I read your comment regarding DIW and i found it well explained and with a purpose. Looks good and i will make my research as well. I had a look in their whitepaper and it looks interesting. At least no confusing and generic and a solution to some common problems.
sourish

Activity: 532
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:37:29 PM

Interesting head, but how can a new platform be an answer to ico and crypto winter, when the word 'new' is only under the radar itself.
MarioLuck990

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:29:23 PM

I think that is not a good time to an investment ICO, because in all countries to formulate strict regulatory measures to regulate the ICO, so the current investment ICO is a risky thing, I want to buy BTC is likely to be a better choice.

I would totally agree , but I made some research and I change my mind!
What I think now based on my findings is that BTC is the worse investment a person can do!
BTC is actually an empty token with nothing to back it up, and worse than that, it needs tons of energy to keep exist and create new blocks.
ICOs on the other hand are backed up by a project that promise the utilization of its product and which will make it profitable and not expensable in order to exist.
PoW is not going to survive for ever, soon or later governments will ban all mining factories, PoW is not green and it needs huge amounts of energy to keep running and its a slow process that slow down the whole blockchain network. That's why Ethereum is moving away from it asap!

Anyhow, ICOs are not going to leave us because of regulations, are here to stay because already counties try to find ways to integrate them in their economy, like Cyprus! As I read on the Internet Cyprus is working to become the first ICO global hub!!
ICOs that using utility tokens are not under any law unlike ICOs that are actually securities, so there are two different categories. DIW is a utility token 100% and won't have anw any problem with regulations.

anyway I believe the economy will change for ever in 2018. And ICOs will play a very major role to this, maybe is the best time now to buy cheap ICOs now because when become fully regulated and easy to access by the masses, will be to late.
Now is like the begging of Bitcoin, was cheap but people didn't trust it.. Those who bought first , today are million and billionaires
MarioLuck990

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:43:19 PM

Interesting head, but how can a new platform be an answer to ico and crypto winter, when the word 'new' is only under the radar itself.

I read the whitepaper and is very interesting how this ICO can be the base of all other ICOs.
First of all they create to DIW holders a unique ID that can not be duplicate or faked, KYC and KYS procedures to ensure the authenticity of the person.
They have a DIW protocol that can be integrated to websites in order to verify DIW holders for payments or logins to their services.
Therefor the first thing that DIW does is to get rid of the scammers and fakers who create fake profiles, personalities and cheat people to buy their ICO which is a scams!
They introduce a global rating system for business and individuals, what this mean? That people will have personal rating based on their job by other real people, therefor people that are honest and do good jobs will have a very good and real profile.
When good people with good DIW profiles want to create a new startup and ICO people that interest to invest to the new startup will be able to evaluate them and know for sure who they are and how capable to do the new startup!
People will send the funds through the DIW gateway, securely and won't be able to get scammed! They will know for sure who is who!
How this will help the ICO winter?
Because will filter out 99% of bad ICOs and only the good ones will have a change, the quality of ICOs will go up and ICO team members will forced to be excellent!
This project is really awesome of what can change to the crypto world!
wordspavovv

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:57:18 AM

You know how long time it takes me to invest to an ICO again? Most ICOs are shit!
ALL of them until now, create demo solutions! Medical ICOs do not have KYC and a way users to get verified, therefor scammers are welcome! They do not have escrow, so if a doctor is an asshole or a client is stupid you can not solve a disagreement! Until now most ICOs were trash! Non of them is a complete solution that combines what ever is needed to create a complete online solution and most of them are not good or profitable business, are just an investment for gamblers , and I NOT A GAMBLER!
I invested to DIW 10ETH because is the first project that combines what ever is needed to create a complete solution, a real platform that ensures the security for P2P and B2B transactions, it solve real world problems and from the begging of the project the company explains you as investor how is going to be a profitable project.
DIW is next big thing after ethereum, is the sleeping giant that crypto world needed and needs. Ethereum has become an ICO platform, but no ICO until now utilized ethereum real propose!
DIW is giving respect back to the meaning of creating a real project with a real utility token and not a gambling token.

DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:17:31 AM

I think with the use of blockchain technology some day we will build much safer Internet.

wordspavovv

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:45:41 AM

I think with the use of blockchain technology some day we will build much safer Internet.

Internet is a network, a network that isn't safe by its nature. Blockchain is a second layer on the internet that is secure by its nature, what is missing now is the third , a platform, a complete solution that will let us use the blockchain , securely exchange information, make secure deals, have a secure real identity, have no need of keeping and remember a ton of passwords etc.
And here where diw comes in, is the third layer of Internet that gives a real propose to the blockchain , makes it useful and accessible to ALL!!!

DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
anzach87

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:21:05 AM

Everyone reading this thread has seen what happened during the hype, beginning December 2017 up until mid January. There was not a single ICO that didn't get its shot to grow and develop because everybody was investing in a number of ICOs without even thinking or doing any research about the credibility of the ICO they were about to throw their money in. 

Since then, the market has its ups and downs (mostly downs and then some more downs). We've seen ICOs that were alive and kicking going dark, threads that were crowded and loud becoming empty and silent and most importantly we have witnessed ICOs going dead without a single sign of life in any social network. To cut Long story short most of them 'hit and run,.

Inevitably, I started becoming more sceptical  about the whole ICO thing. Now I'm doing more research. I want the ICO that I'm going to support to be a little bit of an investment but in the meantime I want it to be of some use in my life and serve some of my needs.

So, at this point, if I'm going to support an ICO, I'm looking for certain things and I will elaborate on this. First thing I do, is go check the team members and advisors. Second, I have to see their hard cap, because I want to know if the money I'm going to give are sufficient for the team and the advisors to live out in the Caribbean and abandon the project right after they get my ETH. I need to know that the team will make their dream money after they deliver.

Third, I go look around in every social network/media to verify that the project is still alive, sometimes I even try their chats just to make sure they are working on it.

Forth, I have to know that blockchain technology is necessary for the success of the project.

Fifth, to learn about the previous, I read the whitepaper the team has prepared. In my opinion, just watching the video is not enough in order to evaluate a project.

And the last thing I want to know about a project, is how the completion of the idea will help me.

DIW has been on my radar for a couple of months now. Of course I did every step of the abovementioned and i consider it as one of the good ones. The team is solid. They are very responsive and they answer in every inquiry. They have set a very reasonable hard cap, considering that what they are trying to do . Blockchain technology is a must for the project, otherwise we are going back to regular security protocols. Upon delivery of every function of this project my life (digitally speaking) becomes easier and safer.

This project is something which looks very very promising.

Good Luck .
abcd7

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:52:31 PM

I was making my research about this project as i mention in a previous post and i read in their whitepaper that they plan to get involved in the medical field. Does anyone know anything about what they are planning to do? Because this looks very interesting and its a huge market..
orkoso

Activity: 276
Merit: 23

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:57:02 PM

No the answer is to learn how to do YOUR own research because cryptos are about not having to trust a thrid party and you are proposing the same old solution.
justin86

Activity: 406

Market Integration Platform

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:13:39 PM

I have an good suggestion to new people: if you can't find good icos or decide which one is good, invest in big coins like bitcoin, ethereum, dash, litecoin etc. You will thank me.

wordspavovv

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:44:30 PM

I was making my research about this project as i mention in a previous post and i read in their whitepaper that they plan to get involved in the medical field. Does anyone know anything about what they are planning to do? Because this looks very interesting and its a huge market..

First I will agree with the guy below your answer, your own research is always better.
anws I will answer you what they planning to do with it based on my research.
DIW is a platform built in a way that can have extra layers of anything, Medical is the first module of DIW.
It will curry your medical data safety , you will be able to share them etc.. Also doctors will be able to offer you remote assessment via the platform and global directory.
for ex..
In short: I went to my doctor and I did an MRI, my doctor saw the it and said to me ABC, I can send my MRI to another doctor in DIW global directory for second opinion or assessment.
I can keep in the my medical vault anything to do with my health , from my medicine to all my health history.

wordspavovv

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:52:57 PM

I have an good suggestion to new people: if you can't find good icos or decide which one is good, invest in big coins like bitcoin, ethereum, dash, litecoin etc. You will thank me.

I will disagree with you my friend. Coins have no future, are empty worthless tokens that soon or later will start to become irrelevant.
The only "coins" that deserve money are platforms like ethereum, iota, neo, cardano, xtrabyte, nano etc.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: