Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:24:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Only stopping FUD will make you rich  (Read 138 times)
dado7 (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 141

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 11:42:00 AM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (2)

So, I open my usual client to check the prices and I notice that Bitcoin has gone 10% down. Then I open my usual news tracker and notice the Binance hack and by following up conclude that was the reason for the fall.

So - one of the biggest exchanges get hacked so people decide to go to exchanges and sell their Bitcoins and altcoins? So, to security risk, people react by connecting to the compromised servers and they are doing that because they are afraid they could lose money?

Grin

I am sorry, but I am missing the logic there.

It's not trivial to mention that hack has been dealt with within a few hours, as usual.....

People continue to surprise me by reacting to even the most insignificant news out there that "seem" big (Facebook forbidding crypto ads news for example) without thinking it through and doing some research.

This benefits only the very experienced daily traders who know how to time the market and set their tools right (like stop loss or trailing loss for example) in order to exploit the situation by selling at the support and buying at resistance price levels. On the other hand, this is of non-benefit whatsoever to holders (although in a long run, if they have their nerves straightened out - they don't care) and especially of non-benefit to those people selling, who will probably react badly again by buying at a high price and thus risking it all.

Instead of reacting to FUD, try to think it through - this user for example, with her/his topic, can help you a lot in deciding what is important and what is not: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2865338.0.

Chill it down!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6131

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:03:15 PM

The hack was stopped and hackers didn't get anything so I'm pretty sure It's not related. The main reason is most likely due to the people selling because of the Mt.gox news. IMO, FUD never affected anyone except the ones that join without understanding what bitcoin is really about, they are simply looking for fast profit.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
liangweicha

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:07:32 PM

When I was a novice, then I see the FUD I will not hesitate to sell all of the tokens, but it turns out that when a FUD, so most of all is the time to panic, so at this time of tokens the price is very low.

mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3837

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 12:10:08 PM

IMO, FUD never affected anyone except the ones that join without understanding what bitcoin is really about, they are simply looking for fast profit.
You mean like.. majority of bitcoin and cryptocurrency investors?  Grin

But yea, it's probably more of because of the Mt.Gox dump. But probably not because of the dump itself, more of because of people knowing that the seller has a lot more available BTC to sell.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████