Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:53:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any use for my dust trap ? [AM3+]  (Read 201 times)
IIx (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:31:17 PM

Huh
Hello everyone,

my system is already 7 years old and I was wondering if you maybe know which alternatives i possibly have - to keep things short >
PC-Spec.:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
GPU: AMD 7950 / R200
MB: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX, DDR3-1600
SSD: 2 TB, 500 GB, 500 GB
(i know, i know ..)

BURST or ETN  maybe ?  I appreciate any guidance

discord.gg/M26gVU

:pinkwojak:
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:03:40 PM

Huh
Hello everyone,

my system is already 7 years old and I was wondering if you maybe know which alternatives i possibly have - to keep things short >
PC-Spec.:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
GPU: AMD 7950 / R200
MB: ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
RAM: 8 GB Kingston HyperX, DDR3-1600
(i know, i know ..)

BURST or ETN  maybe ?  I appreciate any guidance

discord.gg/M26gVU

:pinkwojak:
It's an old machine, don't expect any decent earnings. It highly depends on your electricity costs. Unfortunately, your GPU is not only old, but it has high power consumption for the performance it offers (Approximately 200 watts in torture/mining mode). If I am not mistaken, your GPU has 3gb of ram, thus, you can still mine Ethhash coins, such as MusicCoin, Ubiq and a couple more found on whattomine.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:21:09 PM

if the consideration is better running than idle, of course, you can do to mine ETN and if you have free electricity and Internet access. but if you hope to want profit and you don't have free electricity and internet, I suggest don't use that's device for mining because of you would get a small profit it.

Coffee135

Activity: 392
Merit: 137

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 02:26:02 PM

You can fly around the earth by plane and you will do it. You can go by car and not the fact that you will succeed. You can ride a bike and you will need to spend a lot of energy and money. I don't think you're gonna finish this trip. The same mining on your computer. This is very old equipment. Your income will be enough only to cover the cost of electricity. You need it?
IIx (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:30:18 PM

@Ultegra134
Thanks for the reply, will take a look on those coins !
@Ultegra134 @edwardceng
totally get what you mean regarding to electricity and internet access(costs)
@Coffee135
well i dont need it really^^, just a little bit curious

thank you, glad to join here !
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:34:01 PM

HD 7950 is basically a R9 280 with slightly slower ram, it should pull 250 sol/s ballpark on Zcash and clones.
Ignore Ethhash coins like ETH/ETC - it's only going to pull perhaps 12 Mhash at this point and more likely less than 10.
200 watts power consumption sounds like the right ballpark, perhaps a bit less if you can tune it well enough.

It should even be profitable, if your electric cost is low enough.

Your Phenom should be able to pull over 200 hash/sec on Monero - depends on if it's 6 MB cache or 8 MB, it might pull close to 300 if it has the larger cache amount.

SSD are severe overkill for BURST mining, but if you have the space available might as well use it.
Earnings will average out to "TINY" though on that, but the energy cost would be tiny and READS from SSDs don't hurt them.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Elder III

Activity: 1246
Merit: 274

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:53:27 PM

Like Quintleo said above, your HD 7950 can do 250-260 on Equihash - they still sell for $130-150+ on eBay right now too, so if this is just a spare parts PC that would be your quickest profit. 
manji

Activity: 210
Merit: 174

BookiePro.Fun - The World's Betting Exchange

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:38:38 PM

Burst
Yeah, you can mine proof of capacity coins such as Burst coin with that storage. And still, use your PC as normally used. Else, you can add more GPU to your mobo, since that mobo has 4 PCIe 16x right?

ETN
Of course, you can mine ETN, but I'm not sure about your profit.

CryptoPicknAxe

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:51:43 PM

For your CPU, I'm not 100 percent sure, but I don't think that the AMD Phenom II X6 1100T CPU has AES hardware instructions. Without hardware AES, CPU mining ANY cryptonote coin (like ETN) will be very inefficient. I don't know their current profitability, but check into mining Magi (XMG) or Zcoin (XZC) with your CPU. I don't think those algorithms use AES.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:26:35 PM

Looks like AES support started with the Bulldozer cores - the generation after the Phenom line (any FX series AMD CPU and it looks like ALL of their APUs support AES).

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: