Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:21:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Faucets app for Android devices  (Read 3451 times)
moisesmcardona (OP)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:12:50 AM

Hello Everyone,

A new Android app was launched today! This app lists several Bitcoin Faucets and the app gives you fast access to those sites.

You can see, download and install the app using the following link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=msc.moisessoftware.bitcoinfaucets

See the screenshots on the page.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:18:42 AM

I expect this is open source? Or how are you going to ensure your app isn't a wallet/login data stealer?
Mitchell
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2198

Verified awesomeness ✔

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2013, 09:28:42 AM

Does that app included my faucet? If not, I kindly ask you to do so. It would make me very happy Wink

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW

Advertisements are not endorsed by me.
moisesmcardona (OP)

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:33:08 AM

Does that app included my faucet? If not, I kindly ask you to do so. It would make me very happy Wink

I will add it to all my three main softwares today. Expect an update today  Wink
-The Windows Desktop app
-The Windows Phone app
-This app

Quote from: greyhawkI
expect this is open source? Or how are you going to ensure your app isn't a wallet/login data stealer?
Because I'm a guy interested in Bitcoin and I already have some block erupters mining. I just made this app because I just had a lot of bookmarks in my browser which I used to get free Bitcoins. Please note that the app is just a browser and the Internet Connection requirement is just for serving ads powered by AdMobs. The text box is optional to use, in case you are concerned. The advantage is that in the future you could just copy/paste your address to the faucet sites.
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:43:23 PM

Open source would be better. Otherwise, we can only take your word for it.
Epicblood

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 11:39:18 PM

1) if it was a wallet stealer, i doubt google would approve it
2) you only put in your wallet address, the same thing most of you have in your signature, not your private key
3) your wallet should be encrypted anyway, so what's the problem?

1AbYgR1FspHBB5EqyaxX6MrT6jmc7eMVEQ
Looking for Scrypt miner for ML605
Revolutionary MoneyMaking! Build your own cloud miner!
moisesmcardona (OP)

View Profile
October 12, 2013, 12:21:26 AM

That is why I don't understand. People just want everything Open Source but in fact as I said, you can optionally just type your Bitcoin Address. IT IS NOT REQUIRED!! And if you just use the app you can see by yourself that the app opens a web browser with the desired faucet.

Also, this app is also available and approved for Windows Phone and it already have 94 and counting downloads, meaning it also passed Microsoft validation process.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:50:00 AM

That is why I don't understand. People just want everything Open Source but in fact as I said, you can optionally just type your Bitcoin Address. IT IS NOT REQUIRED!! And if you just use the app you can see by yourself that the app opens a web browser with the desired faucet.

Also, this app is also available and approved for Windows Phone and it already have 94 and counting downloads, meaning it also passed Microsoft validation process.

So, what are you hiding in the source code then?

Approved Windows Phone thingy is not that impressive.  If you'd open your source code, people would probably be a lot more interested in your app.  With the source code closed, I assume you're trying to do something shady.
Epicblood

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:56:20 AM

So, what are you hiding in the source code then?

Approved Windows Phone thingy is not that impressive.  If you'd open your source code, people would probably be a lot more interested in your app.  With the source code closed, I assume you're trying to do something shady.

So most apps on most stores are trying to do something shady?
What kind of logic is that?

moisesmcardona (OP)

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:40:20 PM

So what about other apps in the market not open sourced? I'm just a software/app developer like other people do. Also tell me what shady things you think this app will do if THIS IS JUST A LIST OF FAUCET SITES.
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:48:22 PM

So what about other apps in the market not open sourced? I'm just a software/app developer like other people do. Also tell me what shady things you think this app will do if THIS IS JUST A LIST OF FAUCET SITES.

I'm only speaking for myself.  I don't install "most other apps in the market" and I don't install your app either.  I've said why already, you say "it's harmless, really, trust me".  I don't trust you.  I figure as loudly as your are shouting about this, you probably are hiding something.  Others will do what they will do but if your app is nothing but a list of faucet sites, what on earth could you be so worried about keeping secret in the source code?
Epicblood

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:58:10 PM

I'm only speaking for myself.  I don't install "most other apps in the market" and I don't install your app either.  I've said why already, you say "it's harmless, really, trust me".  I don't trust you.  I figure as loudly as your are shouting about this, you probably are hiding something.  Others will do what they will do but if your app is nothing but a list of faucet sites, what on earth could you be so worried about keeping secret in the source code?

I have made tons of simple little programs, and so have tons of other people. And neither I nor those others share the source, why? Because we spent time on it, and we worked on it. Why should you then be able to just download it, change a few lines, and call it your own?

domob
Legendary

Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 06:45:27 AM

I have made tons of simple little programs, and so have tons of other people. And neither I nor those others share the source, why? Because we spent time on it, and we worked on it. Why should you then be able to just download it, change a few lines, and call it your own?

This is what copyright is for, even with free software (think of copyleft licenses like the GPL):  It allows you to retain credit for your work and release it, even with the source disclosed, under terms you like.

Of course it is your decision whether or not to release the code, but I can only agree with other posters here that personally I only run free software on my computer and my phone (as much as possible at least) and don't consider installing your app if it is not released with its source under a free license.  This is true also for "most other software" that is non-free.

Use your Namecoin identity as OpenID: https://nameid.org/
Donations: 1domobKsPZ5cWk2kXssD8p8ES1qffGUCm | NMC: NCdomobcmcmVdxC5yxMitojQ4tvAtv99pY
BM-GtQnWM3vcdorfqpKXsmfHQ4rVYPG5pKS | GPG 0xA7330737
tspacepilot
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:42:35 PM

Echo the comment below about the reason for copywrite (and copyleft).  Nonetheless, I just want to emphasize that if you don't share the source for your programs, you need some other way to establish trust.  Any any case, I'll offer a rhetorical question of my own: why should I give you permission to execute arbitrary code on my machine?
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 01:34:58 AM

Great,let's have a try

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
moisesmcardona (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2013, 09:44:43 AM

I've updated the app with tons of Inputs.io faucets. There are 41 new faucets and 73 total faucets to choose!
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
October 30, 2013, 06:23:47 PM

you can add betcoin.pw as it seems missing

yolo
moisesmcardona (OP)

View Profile
November 14, 2013, 01:06:42 PM

betcoin.pw and freebitcoinfaucet.com were added in version 1.3
It is already published and the update should be in the Play Store in a few hours or minutes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: