Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:11:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tradehill & SEPA transfer  (Read 1452 times)
stellan0r (OP)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Medical Translations for Bitcoins

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 10:31:25 AM

Hi,

maybe someone has experience with the following already:

It is unclear to me if I have to trade in EURO on Tradehill to use SEPA withdraw, or if I can trade in USD (or any other currency offered on Tradehill) and still withdraw with SEPA transfer (where the bank is responsible to convert USD to EURO).

Has anyone used EURO SEPA withdraw on Tradehill yet? And if yes, in what currency did you trade your BTC on TH? USD? Euro? Something else?

Allgemeine Gesundheitsberatung gegen Bitcoin-Zahlung. Bei Fragen einfach eine PM schicken!
If you want to send a thank you: BTC "1PZJvKvarRviQRQWejpvXW2j4e1xbT8MZb"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
stellan0r (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 11:17:51 AM

no matter, there already is a thread about that

http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=30198.0;all

Allgemeine Gesundheitsberatung gegen Bitcoin-Zahlung. Bei Fragen einfach eine PM schicken!
nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 12:25:51 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2011, 05:25:07 PM by nmat

Currently they have different markets for different currencies. So yes, you must trade in USD euros. But I think they are considering the conversion to/from USD...
stellan0r (OP)

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 12:34:20 PM

Currently they have different markets for different currencies. So yes, you must trade in USD. But I think they are considering the conversion to/from USD...

wait, you just said I must trade in USD (and can still do a SEPA withdraw?!)

By now I thought you can only do SEPA with Euro from the Euro - BTC market on tradehill. I hate confusion  Huh  Cool

nmat

Activity: 602
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 22, 2011, 05:24:29 PM

Sorry. Misspell. I mean "you must trade in euros"  Grin You only do a SEPA transfer with euros and, with euros, you can only buy bitcoins at the EUR market.
Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2011, 04:29:03 PM

Thanks for clarifying it.
Currently we only allow EUR to be withdrawn to SEPA but given time we will allow internal conversion and withdrawing either currency in Europe.
We need to confirm with our lawyers and allow time to build up liquidity in the EUR market.

It's on our list but if we rush in to it and make a serious mistake no one wins.

EUR seems to be picking up speed though, TradeHill EUR should be the 3rd biggest market soon.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
stellan0r (OP)

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 05:14:52 PM

Currently we only allow EUR to be withdrawn to SEPA but given time we will allow internal conversion and withdrawing either currency in Europe.
We need to confirm with our lawyers and allow time to build up liquidity in the EUR market.

It's on our list but if we rush in to it and make a serious mistake no one wins.

EUR seems to be picking up speed though, TradeHill EUR should be the 3rd biggest market soon.

Jered

Thanks for the answers.
Some people also don't have in mind that the money on a SEPA account has to come from somewhere, and this is most likely not you traveling from wherever you live to Europe with a bag full of cash to fill that account, but from people in Europe putting money into that account for buys - others get that money for their sales.

But you should move some money from your main account to your sepa account, just to have a backup. Not being able to pay out your customers is highly unprofessional Wink

Jered Kenna (TradeHill)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2011, 02:20:14 AM

Jered

Thanks for the answers.
Some people also don't have in mind that the money on a SEPA account has to come from somewhere, and this is most likely not you traveling from wherever you live to Europe with a bag full of cash to fill that account, but from people in Europe putting money into that account for buys - others get that money for their sales.

But you should move some money from your main account to your sepa account, just to have a backup. Not being able to pay out your customers is highly unprofessional Wink

Exactly, there won't be any buy orders put in that aren't covered by deposits that people have submitted so it won't be a problem.

Jered

moneyandtech.com
@moneyandtech @jeredkenna
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: