Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 11:20:36 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much does it cost to mine your own bitcoin?  (Read 251 times)
gemajai (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

First Decentralize Mobile Service Telecom Company

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:33:36 PM

I would really love to know the cost of all the equipment and other stuff needed to mine your own bitcoin. I am going to hold a swminar about bitcoin and I would love to gather some information from you guys who have already tried. What equipment do I need and how much do they cost? Plus how much will I spend for the whole mining activity? (Like electricity or maintenance expenses)

Thank you very much for your answers.

█████ █████  ██ MOBILINK-COIN ██  █████ █████
▬ FIRST DECENTRALIZED MOBILE SERVICE TELECOM COMPANY ▬ (https://mobilink.io/)
nebulom

Activity: 5
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:38:35 PM

Just a silly curious thing, are you going to hold a seminar for people  to get oriented with Bitcoin (or cryptocurrency in general)? And you haven't been searching the net for what to do with mining? I'm not trying to be a jerk here but I love people doing good things in cryptocurrency and I admire the enthusiasm. I just hope that, please, if you are trying to convince people to go with cryptocurrency, make sure to do research. Bitcoin is a bit complicated, the paper released at its heart is not really a cash system but a solution to double spending. So we can use it to solve problems like ownership (money, or lot, or even records that can't be tampered). I must admit I'm not the person to do a seminar although I'm still trying to convince people around me to try cryptocurrency. And hopefully learn more.

Honestly I haven't started mining Bitcoin myself, too costly for me to buy ASIC machines. So I only have few GPUs mining altcoins (alternative coins). To start with altcoin mining, about 70k will do. With Bitcoin, apart from having the miner, you need power supply and a sound proof container, it could be so loud. Some cooling perhaps, you can check Youtube videos on someone mining with S9.

In addition, you can still mine altcoins and sell it for Bitcoin. Say you mine new launched coins with GPU, you can do a little reading about what's best to mine with your GPUs. You can even calculate your profit for some listed coins here. There are also coins that are friendly to CPU, you can mine it with your i7 machine, i5 even. Monero for example is one, or other variant of cryptonote.

Again it depends to your liking, so for the price, I can't really say exactly how much as I haven't tried buying S or L series miners. But you can check the net and roughly estimate it to be around 300K pesos, or even more. As for electricity, S9 consumes about 300 watts? If this is true then it's efficient, maybe not much electricity about 6 1050 GTX but the price of S9 is worrying.

Lastly, for maintenance. I'm afraid we don't have local supplier for these machines and repairing it if broken can be costly. Just my 2 cents, hope you forgive my curiousity. Thanks!
gemajai (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:07:46 PM

Just a silly curious thing, are you going to hold a seminar for people  to get oriented with Bitcoin (or cryptocurrency in general)? And you haven't been searching the net for what to do with mining? I'm not trying to be a jerk here but I love people doing good things in cryptocurrency and I admire the enthusiasm. I just hope that, please, if you are trying to convince people to go with cryptocurrency, make sure to do research. Bitcoin is a bit complicated, the paper released at its heart is not really a cash system but a solution to double spending. So we can use it to solve problems like ownership (money, or lot, or even records that can't be tampered). I must admit I'm not the person to do a seminar although I'm still trying to convince people around me to try cryptocurrency. And hopefully learn more.

Honestly I haven't started mining Bitcoin myself, too costly for me to buy ASIC machines. So I only have few GPUs mining altcoins (alternative coins). To start with altcoin mining, about 70k will do. With Bitcoin, apart from having the miner, you need power supply and a sound proof container, it could be so loud. Some cooling perhaps, you can check Youtube videos on someone mining with S9.

In addition, you can still mine altcoins and sell it for Bitcoin. Say you mine new launched coins with GPU, you can do a little reading about what's best to mine with your GPUs. You can even calculate your profit for some listed coins here. There are also coins that are friendly to CPU, you can mine it with your i7 machine, i5 even. Monero for example is one, or other variant of cryptonote.

Again it depends to your liking, so for the price, I can't really say exactly how much as I haven't tried buying S or L series miners. But you can check the net and roughly estimate it to be around 300K pesos, or even more. As for electricity, S9 consumes about 300 watts? If this is true then it's efficient, maybe not much electricity about 6 1050 GTX but the price of S9 is worrying.

Lastly, for maintenance. I'm afraid we don't have local supplier for these machines and repairing it if broken can be costly. Just my 2 cents, hope you forgive my curiousity. Thanks!

I just wish you understand that this is the reason why I'm asking here. Smiley Don't you think that me asking here is part of the research? Smiley It's not like I am going to give the seminar tomorrow and I have just thought that I should ask experts here today, unless you have done that before. Smiley The funnier thing is I was asking those who have already tried and yet here you are who mentioned clearly that you haven't tried it. Smiley

I'm still waiting for someone with experience. Thanks for your answer though.

And by the way, just food for thoughts: You don't have to be the right person before you can do the seminar. You just have to get the right answers from the right people (that's why I'm asking the experts). Smiley

ching kho

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 06:28:52 AM

The meteoric rise in the price of Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies in 2017 has investors flocking to accumulate coins at sky-high prices. Cryptocurrency miners, on the other hand, prefer to get their coins for free.
But any savvy investors knows there's no such thing as free when it comes to investing, and Cryptocurrency mining is a pricey endeavor. Attempting to mine bitcoin in a computer without  specialized bitcoin mining hardware will only get you about 1 cent worth of bitcoin per month, according to Buy Bitcoin Worldwide. That specialized equipment, such as the Antminer S7 or the Antminer S9, can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.
gemajai (OP)

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:39:20 AM

The meteoric rise in the price of Bitcoin and other Cryptocurrencies in 2017 has investors flocking to accumulate coins at sky-high prices. Cryptocurrency miners, on the other hand, prefer to get their coins for free.
But any savvy investors knows there's no such thing as free when it comes to investing, and Cryptocurrency mining is a pricey endeavor. Attempting to mine bitcoin in a computer without  specialized bitcoin mining hardware will only get you about 1 cent worth of bitcoin per month, according to Buy Bitcoin Worldwide. That specialized equipment, such as the Antminer S7 or the Antminer S9, can cost anywhere from a few hundred dollars to tens of thousands of dollars.

Have you mined your own bitcoin? What equipment did you use? How much did it cost you?

Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:42:28 AM

I would really love to know the cost of all the equipment and other stuff needed to mine your own bitcoin. I am going to hold a swminar about bitcoin and I would love to gather some information from you guys who have already tried. What equipment do I need and how much do they cost? Plus how much will I spend for the whole mining activity? (Like electricity or maintenance expenses)

ill give you an idea on how much it cost , it will cost around 150k since the videocard is almost 40k in price so the other pieces it will range to 100k and then the maintenance for the electricity , honestly i dont have enough idea on how it cost exactly but it is expensive since the cost of electricty here in our country is too high expect that it wil cost you a lot when it terms in consumption .
hefjor

Activity: 199
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:12:12 PM

My friend I cannot say the exact amount of price of all stuff or equipments that you been using when you plan to have your own mining rig.But I can suggest you of some most popular tools that used for mining altcoins (Ant Miner s9,Asics and building high end PC with higher GPU) .All you have to do is to mind your all in all expenses of building that kind of setup inorder to have a good quality mining procedure.

▼ mindsync.ai ▼
 ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
△ Join now △
ofelia25

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:52:15 PM

kung hindi ako nagkakamali mga nasa 150k+ ang pwede mong magastos sa isang unit pero hindi pa yan high end na sinasabi. pero pwede narin kasi mabilis na rin sya. pero dapat nagsasaliksik ka muna bago ka pumasok sa mundo ng pagmimina dito at inaalam mo ang coin na aalagaan mo para hindi ka naman lugi lalo na sa kuryente mas lalaki pa daw ngayon buwan at sa susunod pa
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 04:07:46 PM

I really don't know what would be the much of the expense we are talking about here pero, I attended seminars says that we need at least 250 thousand pesos para daw makabili tayo ng pang mine. Napakalaki talaga nang kakailanganin para makabuo ka.
AmazingDynamo

Activity: 248

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:27:45 AM

We'll need a huge amount of cash to have a viable and efficient mining equipment. Most of the time the price ranges from 100-250,000 pesos. Idagdag mo pa billing ng internet at kuryente since hindi mo dapat papatayin yung device pag nagmimina ka na. siguro after the initial payment of the product, nasa 10k na buwan buwan ang mailalaan mo para sa mining. ganon siya ka costly kaya maraming nagreresort sa bitcoin trading since it is much more cheaper yet pays you great.

yan ang kalaban ng mga gustong mag mina , let say 250k per unit syempre karamihan sa may afford nyan isa lang mabibili kasi kasi masyadong malaki ang amount na yan , magkano lang ba kikitain nyan , plus maintenance fee pa sa kuryente nyan at internet mababawi mo ba agad yung 250k at kikita ka pa ba bago masira diba madami din kasing consideration na mangyayare di naman pwedeng basta basta ka na lang mag lalabas ng pera na wala ka naman kasiguraduhan kung tatagal ang unit mo .
Mae2000

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 03:37:39 AM

It's not easy to mine your own Bitcoin it cost a large amount of money, I didn't know how much exactly, but it's a big amount and must need a high speed internet, so that you can mine faster. And it consume also a large-scale of electricity.
BitNotByte

Activity: 227
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:36:50 PM

I have a friend na bumuo ng sariling mining rig and naki share ako sakanya. nag bigay ako ng share ko and sya na ang bahala mag manage. Sa ngayon 2pcs na GPU palang ang nakakabit namin sa system pero balak na namin dagdagan. Hindi ko alam gano yung setup pero yung price nya is around 100k-160k ata ang nagastos nya. Sa setup palang yun ha kasama na yung mga lagayan and cooling system. di pa kasama yung kuryente and other stuff.

Flexibit

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:25:16 AM

I have a friend na bumuo ng sariling mining rig and naki share ako sakanya. nag bigay ako ng share ko and sya na ang bahala mag manage. Sa ngayon 2pcs na GPU palang ang nakakabit namin sa system pero balak na namin dagdagan. Hindi ko alam gano yung setup pero yung price nya is around 100k-160k ata ang nagastos nya. Sa setup palang yun ha kasama na yung mga lagayan and cooling system. di pa kasama yung kuryente and other stuff.

100k-160k para sa dalawang gpu palang? Gaano katagal bago mabawi ang puhunan kung dalawang gpu lang gamit. Di ba halos nasa 150pesos per day lang ang namimina nyan kung dalawang gpu lang?
TeksLaban

Activity: 21

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:19:01 PM

unang una kailangan mo ng high speed internet, na alam naman nateng wala pa sa pilipinas at kung meron man ay mahal. pangalawa kailangan mo ng super computer, na mahal sa pilipinas dahil alam naman naten na lahat ng magandang parts ng computer ay imported at walang gumagawa locally sa ating bansa. pangatlo at pinakamahalaga sa lahat ay kuryente, hindi mo maaring patayin ang iyong computer habang nagmimine ito. tatakno ito ng bentekwatro oras mahigit pa. at alam naman naten na mahal ang singil ng kuryente sa ating bansa dahil hindi ito hawak ng gobyerno, hawak ito ng isang pribadong kumpanya. sumatotal, sobrang mahal magmine, kung magmimine ka man mahihirapan ka ng sobra at maaring matagalan pa bago maibalik ang investment na ginawa mo sa internet, computer at kuryente.
nak02

Activity: 512

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:34:10 PM

mga 100k to 180k ang magagastos mo sa isang unit pa lamang kaya dapat magisip ka muna kung talagang disedido kang mag mining dito sa bansa natin, at dapat alam mo ang mga coin na dapat mong imina para hindi ka mlugi sa perang ialalaan mo dito. nagmahal pa naman lalo ang kuryente.

▀   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▬▬▬███  Burst  █  Defi Money  ███▬▬▬   ▄   ▀   ▄   ▀
[      PRESALE     |  April 1st      ]     [     CROWDSALE    |  June 1st      ]
[     TWITTER           TELEGRAM       █│█     MEDIUM          GITHUB     ]
makolz26

Activity: 714
Merit: 254

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:36:44 PM

mga 100k to 180k ang magagastos mo sa isang unit pa lamang kaya dapat magisip ka muna kung talagang disedido kang mag mining dito sa bansa natin, at dapat alam mo ang mga coin na dapat mong imina para hindi ka mlugi sa perang ialalaan mo dito. nagmahal pa naman lalo ang kuryente.
It will cost you a lot talaga pero sulit naman after ka magmina dahil bawing bawi kahit pa napakataas pa ng Electricity niyo, search you sa youtube may mga ilang ways dun kung paano nila napapababa ang bill nila sa pagmimina, I just don't know how accuarate it is pero kung meron kang planong magmine, try lang.
Danrose

Activity: 66
Merit: 5

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:10:37 AM

Tinanong korin yan sa kaibigan ko ang sabi nya 100k o mas mataas padyan dipende din yon sa pag taas o pag baba ng bitcoin.kung mag mimina ka ng bitcoin alamin mong mabuti ang tungkol sa pag mimina para hindi ka malugi.
Bitkoyns

Activity: 1078
Merit: 262

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 10:46:22 AM

Tinanong korin yan sa kaibigan ko ang sabi nya 100k o mas mataas padyan dipende din yon sa pag taas o pag baba ng bitcoin.kung mag mimina ka ng bitcoin alamin mong mabuti ang tungkol sa pag mimina para hindi ka malugi.

malaki talga ang magiging cost kapag mag mimina ka ng bitcoin sa GPU palang mamumulubi ka na agad estimate nga ng iba dyan sa mgandang pang mina na ha 150k to 200k ang gagastusin para lang sa pag mimina wala pang ibang pang maintenance dun.
giovannimacuro

Activity: 16

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 12:08:20 PM

Also..kng gsto mo tumagal miner mo, remember to moderate the temperature ksi sa overheat nagsisimula ang unti-unting pgkasira ng set-up. Khit saglit lng yn nag overheat at nagrestart (gawa ng failsafe ng motherboard), nabawasan na yn lifespan ng rig..parang makina lng ng sasakyan. So you have to keep in mind pa the upkeep ng cooling system (maintenance and operating cost). Especially kng marami..kelngan tlaga aircon. May nabasa ako dati na  mag install dw ng solar panels as alternative electricity source. I think around 300K dw cost ng installation pero ang laki nman dw ng savings nya buwan-buwan.
xYakult

Activity: 518
Merit: 258

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:00:13 AM

Also..kng gsto mo tumagal miner mo, remember to moderate the temperature ksi sa overheat nagsisimula ang unti-unting pgkasira ng set-up. Khit saglit lng yn nag overheat at nagrestart (gawa ng failsafe ng motherboard), nabawasan na yn lifespan ng rig..parang makina lng ng sasakyan. So you have to keep in mind pa the upkeep ng cooling system (maintenance and operating cost). Especially kng marami..kelngan tlaga aircon. May nabasa ako dati na  mag install dw ng solar panels as alternative electricity source. I think around 300K dw cost ng installation pero ang laki nman dw ng savings nya buwan-buwan.

Yung sa solar panel parang hindi naman sya ganun kaganda kung pag uusapan ang pagtitipid, sa gastos kasi na 300k kunwari sa case na sinabi mo ilan rig lang din ang masusuportahan nyan at sa mga rig na yun magkano lang din ang matitipid so around 1-2years pa din bago mag break even sa gastos sa solar panel
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: