Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:07:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to mine with old 20 CPUs  (Read 451 times)
TheViralClovers (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:46:12 PM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 08:16:48 PM by TheViralClovers

Hello everyone this is my first post and i really hope to get replied to soon Cheesy
Well as you know the heading is what to mine with 20 cpus (no gpus)
well the  The thing is i ve managed to ge access to 20 cpu most of them are intel i3 and unfortunately windows xp (8 of them). But i dont pay any electricity so i was wondering which coins to mine whether i should mine different coins or one specific coin Huh
And which script is the best for cpu mining would really help me out.
I dont intend to make a huge profit. But just wanted to maximize my profit to create a nice faucet later on I might hold the coins for a year or 2 so whatever coin which would "go to the moon" in that time tell me about it
Thank you Cheesy

P.S
Those CPUs are not mine i dont need to worry about cooling i get no loss even if they explode. They belong to a cybercafe and they r on 18hrs a day so y waste it? also i need to know whether to use hoDL algorithm or cryptonite or any other better scrypt/coin

crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:57:46 PM

Hello everyone this is my first post and i really hope to get replied to soon Cheesy
well the  The thing is i ve managed to ge access to 20 cpu most of them are intel i3 and unfortunately windows xp (8 of them). But i dont pay any electricity so i was wondering which coins to mine whether i should mine different coins or one specific coin Huh
I dont intend to make a huge profit. But just wanted to maximize my profit to create a nice faucet later on
I might hold the coins for a year or 2 so whatever coin which would "go to the moon" in that time tell me about it
Thank you Cheesy

Before monero is the best to mine with CPU's, but right now I don't know if what are the best for CPU mining these days.

Anyway, you can use http://whattomine.com/ and put the hashrate of your cpu at cryptonight field.

but first, you need to test your CPU's with this claymore CPU miner here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647251.0

And put your hashrate into whattomine.
TheViralClovers (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:08:08 PM

I dont intend to make a huge profit. But just wanted to maximize my profit to create a nice faucet later on
I might hold the coins for a year or 2 so whatever coin which would "go to the moon" in that time tell me about it
Thank you Cheesy

Before monero is the best to mine with CPU's, but right now I don't know if what are the best for CPU mining these days.

Anyway, you can use http://whattomine.com/ and put the hashrate of your cpu at cryptonight field.

but first, you need to test your CPU's with this claymore CPU miner here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647251.0

i actuall dont know how to use it it says something and all. Could you teach me?

Sidtamfia

Activity: 65

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:20:55 PM

Thank you Cheesy

If they support AES-NI, then mine the monero with it.
Wipro

Activity: 924
Merit: 512

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 05:21:33 PM

Thank you Cheesy

It is more than year of time we can go with monero to mine on CPU but recently even cheap coins are also not worth to mine with the CPU. I am not sure why you have shared whattomine to him.
There GPU, ASIC are available select the best algorithms and card you own!
My final words to op. Please do not go with CPU mining even you will not able to get the money for electricity consumed for the mining. Simply you are wasting your time. Go with Rx 470 cards and start mining.
Bulitt

Activity: 108
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:17:56 PM

XMR-stak is better at CPU mining and lets you have full control over each thread with its config files than claymore or xmrig. Its GPU portion is not as good as other miners, but their CPU code is top-notch.

Aeon is a cryptonight-lite coin that uses 1MB of L3 Cache per thread instead of Monero's 2MB per thread. Aeon can be much more efficient to mine on CPU but not nearly as profitable. Not to mention its only listed on 2 exchanges and the only trading pair is BTC.

In the end one of the https://cryptonote.org/coinsfamily of coins is still the best algorithm to mine on CPU.

Just keep in mind to only run as many threads as your CPU's have level 3 cache. 8MB Cache means you can run 4 threads with Cryptonight but you can run 8 threads with Cryptonight-lite.
pickleburglar

Activity: 70

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:19:30 PM

It is more than year of time we can go with monero to mine on CPU but recently even cheap coins are also not worth to mine with the CPU. I am not sure why you have shared whattomine to him.
My final words to op. Please do not go with CPU mining even you will not able to get the money for electricity consumed for the mining. Simply you are wasting your time. Go with Rx 470 cards and start mining.

These are obviously not his computers nor does he pay for their electricity so whether or not its worth it doesn't enter the equation, he's going to bog down some unsuspecting nursing homes computers anyways.
crairezx20
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1046

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 06:49:11 PM

Thank you Cheesy

Before monero is the best to mine with CPU's, but right now I don't know if what is the best for CPU mining these days.

i actuall dont know how to use it it says something and all. Could you teach me?

Honestly, I'm not mining with CPU, Mostly my miners are graphics card.
I heard that there is a miner for CPU just install a plugin in chrome and add your address then you can start mining.
Here just found when searching https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2205374.0

I suggest you to switch to GPU mining than using CPU to mine coins that I think it takes a decade before you can mine 1 XMR.
Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 07:32:06 PM

Even if you have free electricity, and have 20 CPU's sitting, my honest advice to you would be to stay away from mining. Better sell those CPU's , you would earn more money. But I can understand you. CPU's mining died, but if I need to guess which coin would be good for mining I guess monero would be my answer.
Bulitt

Activity: 108

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:09:55 PM

CPU mining isnt dead its just the difficulty of profitable coins has gotten too high to make CPU mining them (Monero, Zcash) viable. If you choose a less valuable coin (such as Aeon or Electroneum), it has much easier difficulty and makes CPU mining viable again. Profit isnt available with CPU with any coin, but it still works.
TheViralClovers (OP)

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:10:50 PM

These are obviously not his computers nor does he pay for their electricity so whether or not its worth it doesn't enter the equation, he's going to bog down some unsuspecting nursing homes computers anyways.
no a cybercafe nearby
Nice guess
georgef7

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:35:10 PM

I dont intend to make a huge profit. But just wanted to maximize my profit to create a nice faucet later on I might hold the coins for a year or 2 so whatever coin which would "go to the moon" in that time tell me about it
Thank you Cheesy

P.S
Those CPUs are not mine i dont need to worry about cooling i get no loss even if they explode. They belong to a cybercafe and they r on 18hrs a day so y waste it? also i need to know whether to use hoDL algorithm or cryptonite or any other better scrypt/coin

Hi friend,  there are a number of cryptonote coins you can mine that might be up and coming in the future.  Let me give you a few.

EDL, Stellite, Arto, you can look at this pool to see more coins you might be interested in researching. Just click on more coins.    https://edollar.hashvault.pro/en/#!/help/getting_started
You can also download Sumo Easyminer.  Just google search it and download from github. 
georgef7

Activity: 86
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 08:40:56 PM

This might be helpful also.

http://minecryptonight.net/
blacktux88

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2018, 08:42:26 PM

we have mined with many cpus 1 years ago...
its wasnt  very profitable but could be that the software is better now...

thanks

pizzacrypto

Activity: 151

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 09:34:05 PM

I recommend this site for cryptonight mining, a lot of very new coins:

https://www.cryptunit.com/
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 12:50:27 PM

you can to mine XMR or ETN coin.  but I don't think you would have a great idea for CPU another people without a permit. I hope the CPU owner is aware that his CPU working slow, faster heat, not like usual.

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:32:52 PM

we have mined with many cpus 1 years ago...
its wasnt  very profitable but could be that the software is better now...

thanks

I doubt that is the case. Yes, mining programs have changed, but I guess that some things can not be done simply by changing software. CPU's have drastically lower hash rate than ASIC miners or GPU. We can assume that if CPU mining was profitable more people would do it.
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:37:33 AM

BiblePay (BBP)
- 10% mined coins always go to Charity (already sponsoring 200+ Orphans monthly) 
- ASIC-Resistant like Vertcoin/Groestlcoin (CPU Mining Only) 
- fork of DASH (Masternode Governance, Proposals & Voting), 10% Monthly Budget for IT/PR/P2P Live 
- Proof of BibleHash (POBh) algorithm, All Nodes are Full Nodes   

Launched July 23rd 2017, Market Cap $1-2 million
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2388064.0

New Cancer Research Algorithm released,
get rewarded for contributing CPU cycles to science!

Windows:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6umlqq/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_windows/

Linux:
https://www.reddit.com/r/BiblePay/comments/6ummuj/how_to_mine_biblepay_on_linux/

WinstonBlue

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 01:01:07 AM

Mine Magicoin. Insane. You can overclock it to milion hashes with JMM compiler.

I know a man who gave up smoking, drinking, sex and rich food. He was healthy right up to the day he killed himself.
J. Carson
FacelessCrypto

Activity: 539
Merit: 105

IDENA.IO - Proof-Of-Person Blockchain

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 04:12:01 AM

Mine done cpu coin. May be Yenten or cryply ..they are based in yescrypt16 algo based
.I  think Morero mining not profitable a d it take long time to get first payout.. wastage of energy noice and heat ..don't go for that.

If you really want to make money then sell all 20 and get a new desktop with latest GPU.. go for  Denarius.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: