Bitcoin Forum
July 14, 2024, 04:35:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you stomach the dips?  (Read 2033 times)
cryptodadach

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:31:05 AM

It all depends when do you need the money. If it is in 2-3 years, or later. You should not sweat at all. At some point, BTC will go higher than 20k, and you can sell Smiley

BTC: 16C1ZBZQ1ZUC34tHKKN8uMGVQfBf9uCDMa
Angelia46

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:32:22 AM

Most of the time you can't tell when it's going to go down, so I'm going to keep it for the long term because it's the most profitable way to invest in cryptocurrency markets.

trry98

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:34:38 AM

It all depends when do you need the money. If it is in 2-3 years, or later. You should not sweat at all. At some point, BTC will go higher than 20k, and you can sell Smiley

Although Bitcoin price fluctuations are a bit large, I still want to keep it. This is an opportunity. When it goes up, you can make a profit.
nelsledma

Activity: 572
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 06:43:03 AM

After my 2 years in the cryptocurrency space, after all the panics at the beginning(first few months) of my investment journey, you simply kinda just get used to it. A huge factor is also that even though I invested a significant amount, if ever my crypto investments go to zero(even if it's kinda almost impossible), I would still have a place to live in and have enough money for food and to start over.

A bull market right now would be really nice, though..
Once you have experienced the sharp fall of the market in the crypto world, you get immune to it the next time it happens as you know somewhere in your heart that what has fallen will soon recover and rise again. You know that the bearish trend will soon get over and coins shall see bullish trend. So the fear goes away with experience and you get bold on the decision that not to sell in loss and always HODL when the market falls.
darkr

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:03:28 AM

How do you deal with 20% plus drops. Do you try to sell at the top and buy back in? are you a hold on for dear lifer?

During this time I have been dealing with cryptocurrency I have learned what it is - to wait. When the next dip comes, I simply stop my activity and start looking for the day when it is up.
CodyAlfaridzi

Activity: 1708
Merit: 541

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:10:30 AM

How do you deal with 20% plus drops. Do you try to sell at the top and buy back in? are you a hold on for dear lifer?

No. I'm just holding it like a boss Cheesy I've tried to sell the top trying to buy back lower several times in past only to buying at a higher price in the end and wasted a lot of time. Since then I promised to never day trade again. I'm just gonna accumulate and hold. I don't know but I seem less sensitive to drops these days. My trick is to sell some (still small amount) at the top to buy things that you really wanted and save the rest. I did just like this on the last ATH on $18K-$19K. I sell some to make some things done and I'm happy till now. The last 50% drop doesn't affect me too much.
pharaon

Activity: 753

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:19:54 AM

Although I received all of my coins in generosity companies, I do not sell them at once, but on the contrary, I care about them, believe in them and projects. The first months after the new year are very difficult, you do not know what to expect from the market and what surprises they will give us.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:30:19 AM

Because of my previous experience I do not panic about the dip because bitcoin will difinitely rise again. I always sell when there is any rise in price.
Daimon88

Activity: 397

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:46:13 AM

Such drops can be hard to digest for new investors. They start investing with the hope that their money will only increase after the investment. Personally, I have become used to these price falls. On the current local exchange I am using frequently I see drops of $200-$300 in minutes but it still does not makes me panic. I know that this is common as we keep getting mixed news related to bitcoins from all over the world. If the prices are not volatile, we will not be able to see those amazing spikes as well.
Indeed. For new investors its hard to understand the market, so they usually panic in such situation. But after some time in crypto you gain experience of the market and don’t fear the pumps and dumps anymore. You should know a thing about all asset markets, “ the fall of market is blessing in disguise”. Its blessing for people to invest their money again at low coin values and gain some good profit after the market recovers and goes bullish. Pumps and dumps are necessary for a healthy market, don’t let them scare you.
futuret

Activity: 728
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:01:21 PM

I ignore them because until now, I still dont have any tokens or coins earned. You guys are lucky because you have your coins to talk about and I dont. But, if I am in that situation, I will still hodl my coins for future use.
Holding is best suitable option for a person when dips are roaring around you. Whenever things are not in good situation, you need to be flexible and try to absorb them. Before getting into trading or investing, it is often advised to compel your mind on how to deal with losses. Especially when it is a dip, how will you behave and what will be the measure you should take.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:13:24 PM

Never ever do that, like never sell your coins when the prices are dipping. Instead consider it as a opportunity to buy more and lower your average out, while this seems risky in the short run in the long run you'll profit a lot from this kind of strategy. Always remember buy at dips and sell only at high prices. Yes I shall hold it till the very end I can and never bother to sell it, I trust it.
onemoretime8520

Activity: 265
Merit: 10

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:27:04 PM

I have tried to sell on top and buy back again but I have seen that I have lack of patience on doing it so I have decided to be a holder until my deserved price which is better for me.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
EmJay

Activity: 563

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:31:15 PM

I am.not worrier about the dip and i am still.in hold of.my coins than to.sell right now because it will not help. it will only give me more losses if I will sell now I am just waiting for the right time to sell some of my coins.
fulmetal08larz

Activity: 476
Merit: 124

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:31:31 PM

During these dips, I HODL what I have and look for a good entry point. I'm sticking to cost averaging method in accumulating BTC and buy additional 10% more than my monthly average. For further bloodbath, I read good news about corporations and big investors adopting the technology. These investors won't invest in something that is set to fail.
munareal

Activity: 644

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:41:25 PM

One gets use to it. What ever you do will not change the reality of the situation at that material time . Just HODL and do not think too much about it.
kinzey

Activity: 254

Blockchain with solar energy

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:52:57 PM

In time you will get used to it. At first when the market dips your heart rate goes up and sometimes you consider selling at loss. But now you just wait it out and not panick sell as you will lose a lot. Just keep calm and hold. Eventually prices will normalize and go up or just sell at a minimal loss.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [     CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH      ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper     ||   BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD   ||     One Pager 
Telegram      Facebook      Twitter      [[     TOKEN SALE is LIVE     ]]      Medium      Youtube      Reddit
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 05:57:57 PM

Well yes i sold my bitcoins last december when the price reachex 20k i profited about 17k last year then i bought last month 6800 good thing that i bought bitcoin when the price drops at 6k and it did drop firther but i decided to hold on since the dip will be over soon. But now it's back to 9k~10k, i'm still planning to sell or hold on i don't know what to do with my bitcoin at the moment since it's not good to invest im bitcoin at the moment due volatitlity
5ensei

Activity: 728
Merit: 103

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:37:01 PM

Haven't got time for day trading so just acquire when I can and hodl. I know that there will be dips and bumps but you need to look at the bigger picture ahead. Bitcoin is going to rise, could benefit from day trading but I know overall it is an upwards trend so not going to worry about a few dips along the way

Telegram ❒◀           █▆▅▃▂    GoWithMi - Mapping the World on Blockchain    ▂▃▅▆█        Whitepaper❒◀
             Twitter❒◀               The world's first complete decentralized location-based services infrastructure            Facebook❒◀
Ingoats

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 09:40:13 PM

Surely, holding and investing at moments like this, is the best thing to do. It is jist temporary and the market will be positive soon. Selling will just contribute on the downfall so as much as possible, avoid it. Invest and hold rather, because once the market value starts to recover, huge profit will be earned given tht the dumps are not permanent.
theinca

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 10:12:27 PM

I have seen several of these threads on stomaching dips and losing money trading. Does no one use put or call options on BTC to minimize your loses.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: