Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:23:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How do you stomach the dips?  (Read 2019 times)
mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2018, 10:29:07 PM

I think the loss is depend on the market when you have good understanding and you think about the market and market trend also when you can earn a good profit but by good understanding you can sell it small loss to aware of big losses,

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2018, 07:37:01 AM

Hodl just until the coin goes up again, because with this one-on-one way so your money is not lost. if you are in Stoploss in a minus estimate then your money will be completely lost.

but different if you have patience in Hodl, until your coin up with his own. Surely you will experience profit.

groundcontrol67

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 03:12:00 PM

After my 2 years in the cryptocurrency space, after all the panics at the beginning(first few months) of my investment journey, you simply kinda just get used to it. A huge factor is also that even though I invested a significant amount, if ever my crypto investments go to zero(even if it's kinda almost impossible), I would still have a place to live in and have enough money for food and to start over.

A bull market right now would be really nice, though..

I agree with your statement that one key to being able to "stomach" the low drops in the market is to be comfortable with the amount of money that we have invested in. Losing time and energy is not as bad as losing a significant amount of money. We have to invest with the mentality that we will be okay still if we lose X amount of money.

zxl912157

Activity: 588
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 08:53:40 AM

When the Altcoins I hold decrease in value, I immediately stop losing when I reach an estimated reduction of about 10%.

I am most afraid and hate when my capital decreases because I hold Altcoins too long.
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
August 05, 2018, 06:04:22 AM

How do you deal with 20% plus drops. Do you try to sell at the top and buy back in? are you a hold on for dear lifer?
It gets harder and harder when it goes longer, its not about the dips that makes me really sick but its the timing of it, if it went down quickly but corrected harder than I would be fine however when it goes on for months like this (it has been what 6 months since we had a good bull run?) I get sick and keep having harder time to find the will to continue.

I have been a full on crypto person for over 4 years now, I have not worked for a regular job for over 5 years yet now with this 6 months of break from a decent run I have started to realize I do need a regular job to have a base to work, thankfully this bitcoin run of my life helped me a lot to improve myself however it will not be enough and will have to return. Basically I am fine with drops but I am not fine with long term bear market.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
best ever

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:25:46 AM

When the Altcoins I hold decrease in value, I immediately stop losing when I reach an estimated reduction of about 10%.

I am most afraid and hate when my capital decreases because I hold Altcoins too long.

Usually, I stop to trade during these periods. I become a HODLER. However, as soon as I am a very active man, I start to seek for the best Bounty campaigns. It helps.
Ashkap1011

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 05:35:35 AM

You need to decide what kind of trader you are.
If you are a day trader then you should always cut your losses at 5% other wise you are cutting your gains for the day. If you are a swing trader then 20% drops are fine (albeit very large) the analysis will follow through if it is right. If you don't trust your analysis then you shouldn't have put your money into it. At this point people become hodlers.. if you are a hodlers either because of the mentioned reason or you researched and believe in the project then you have to wait several months to years. I learnt how to improve myself as a trader by joining this discord https://discord.gg/HSMHyCy they have helped me learn a lot about trading because there are a lot of experienced crypto personalities on here
Sweetyeds84

Activity: 95
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 06:07:38 AM

How do you deal with 20% plus drops. Do you try to sell at the top and buy back in? are you a hold on for dear lifer?

If you already a long time experience trader in crypto then that deeps is still a very normal in crypto trading in my case i am not always checking the price of my profulio to avoid panic selling and i do only hold in long term trading.
ace4549

Activity: 699
Merit: 438

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 05:52:01 PM

I really hate this dip that happening on the market and in the whole industry of crypto. There are too many factors why this is happening in the market. Hope that this will end soon. I'm very excited on the payday as I have to many coins and tokens that was pending to be sold. Hope that this monster end and the December will be great again like last December 2017.
PhilPrime

Activity: 378

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 06:11:06 PM

I really hate this dip that happening on the market and in the whole industry of crypto. There are too many factors why this is happening in the market. Hope that this will end soon. I'm very excited on the payday as I have to many coins and tokens that was pending to be sold. Hope that this monster end and the December will be great again like last December 2017.
Our stomach ends up being empty due to the market that when we sold our coins we might regret, but it may not reach ATH last year but as long as it increased at a good price. it will be a happy tummy December.

drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 03:02:15 AM

It really depends on the coin that you are talking about, if we are talking about bitcoin I do not mind holding no matter what, in fact I held my coins during the last crash that we saw and I didn't have any kind of problem with it, but if the money we're talking about is one that I'm using for trading then I have a very specific amount of money that I'm willing to lose in each trade and as soon as that amount is surpassed I sell my coins.
daviidalpert

Activity: 448

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:07:53 AM

When the cryptocurrency market is not good, I will try to forget it and do something else.I will hold those potential coins.But I also have some stop loss strategies.Don't let yourself lose too much.
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 04:27:16 AM

every situation has a lot of different speculations, especially in the current rate of decline. of course you must have a plan first. but if the market tends to be stable I will hold it for as long as possible.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 02:52:36 AM

When the cryptocurrency market is not good, I will try to forget it and do something else.I will hold those potential coins.But I also have some stop loss strategies.Don't let yourself lose too much.
While it is painful to watch the market when everything is going down, it is something that you need to do because even if people concentrate a lot on the profits that they get out of their trades the truth is that the money that you do not lose in your trades is way more important, this is something that I have notice after some months of trading, your profits are not as important as your losses.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:29:30 AM

First of all anyone selling at the 20% plus drops would be the unreal person with no sense about the crypto trading at all. The crypto currencies are prone to drop all the time and its no wonder that we will see this happening all the time around the crypto world. All you need to do is just wait and watch the crypto market regain its dominance one more time as it will always do that without any question. Simple sell when it recovers and simply buy when it drops one more time.
Whenever the crypto is dropping you should be in the buy mode literally and when it is pumping then you should be ready for the sells. Keep it that simple.
Jokerrrrrr

Activity: 34
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 04:35:35 AM

Everyone have different plans for trading but according to me, I mostly use following strategy for trading
1. When I am interested to buy a coin then first of all i wait for some dump
2. Then I bought it with Very small amount
3. I will collect my profit  If price goes up otherwise if more dump happened I will buy more as I have enough money remaining because I bought with small amount only
4. After buying with much of my funds due to more and more dumps going on , I will change myself to hodl position
5.  I will calculate my average buying price and off course will sell all of them as soon as I will get price above my average buying price
6. Enjoy profit and a look for another trade
This technique always work fine for me and earning a lot
Thanks

Remember : I have always some backup funds for safety if anything happened bad with my investment, it helps to stay in market always
ShadowBits

Activity: 994
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 05:11:49 AM

I usually don't. I just sell my holdings before it goes down that way. It is really good to cut your losses before you lose your mind and regret it all at the end.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2018, 07:06:18 AM

Hold it if you are do long term trading. For day trading you should be use stop loss after bought any coin, and the stop loss level about 5% to 7% and take profit about 10% to 50%, for situation of crypto market now, doing day trading look more profitable because some altcoin was push from the bottom.

Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 29, 2018, 08:00:56 AM

Hodl just until the coin goes up again, because with this one-on-one way so your money is not lost. if you are in Stoploss in a minus estimate then your money will be completely lost.

but different if you have patience in Hodl, until your coin up with his own. Surely you will experience profit.
Of course it's not just the stomach that shakes because of the dips but also your head will become dizzy seeing the assets you have depreciated, you're right maybe the solution is to holding it. you won't lose anything if you want to be patient and hold for a long time..
nisya

Activity: 318

View Profile
October 01, 2018, 07:02:01 AM

No, I don't try to sell at the lower price that still happen now. I only wait for the price to bounce back in the other day because if I did this, I could not make any profit. I will hold no matter how long it is because I am sure that in someday, the market will rise again and the crypto will increase and reach the highest price. But we need to be patient because it will not happen in one night and this year is the bad year for the cryptocurrency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: