Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:59:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would it be possible to implement a cryptocurrency with distribution of wealth?  (Read 356 times)
Kogs

Activity: 86
Merit: 26

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 08:19:38 AM

If you don't understand why this could be a good idea because you don't like it and want to attack people with this kind of ideas, please don't comment, I don't want a politics discussion here.

I understand what you want to achieve and why but I don't think your idea will solve this problem.

Even if you find a perfect technical solution to your problem (what is not possible because of several reasons) you will not solve the social issues with this idea.
There is a difference to do things right and to do the right things.

To create a fair distributed currency to solve unfair distributed wealth is not the right thing to solve this.

Here are my thoughts to your idea:

• Your wording is incorrect. Distributing wealth is not what you achieve with your idea.
    When you introduce a fair distributed crypto currency, only this currency is fairly distributed at the beginning. But you forget, that wealth is more than this new money.
    There are goods/properties/other currencies and so on owned by people. Your new fair distributed currency will not change anything about this. Rich people stay rich, poor people stay poor
  • Unless you forbid at the same time any other form of money or store of value the people will just exchange their coins to anything else before their upper transaction limit is reached. This would (if not already existing) create a parallel currency which don't have this artificial limits.
  • The current average mindset of humans will not allow such a system. A person who do more or more valuable work (in their thinking) usually also want to benefit more than someone who do less or less valuable work. In their thinking you just want to steal their well earned money. It's just unfair for them. So why should they participate?
  • And if you think that no one would exploit such a system, you are very naive

Until the mindset of humanity don't change, such a system like communism will not work.
And if the unrealistic case happens, that everybody become a saint who's destiny is to do whatever necessary to help society, we would not need any form of money at all.

Sorry for pointing out those non technical issues, but it make no sense to create a solution which would not solve the problem.

It's like if you want to fly to the moon and build a car for this.
Even if the car is technically the best what can be done, it just does not fit to your problem flying to the moon.

The same is that a new fair distributed currency never solve an unfair distributed wealth.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lepro665 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 10:27:59 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2018, 11:24:56 PM by lepro665

Thanks for you reply, nice points. I can answer them:

• The people will just exchange their coins to anything else before their upper transaction limit is reached. This would (if not already existing) create a parallel currency which don't have this artificial limits.

The short answer is that this is a currency for the workers.
The limit in my currency is not in the amount of coins you can accumulate, is in the ammount of coins you can spend or receive (the distribution gets executed on transactions), accumulating wealth inside or outside my currency would be useless, because you cannot spend big amounts of money since you have the transaction limits.
Yes, the rich people of the world will still be rich... at the beginning... but if the workers are using this system more and more, in the end it would not make sense to be rich, the workers would not work for the rich because they would use my currency, the rich's money would have no value anymore.
The workers will want to use this currency because the reward for working will be better. Nowadays 1% of the population have more money than the other 99% together, distribute only that money from the 1% and all the workers will double what they earn, that is just an example.

• The current average mindset of humans will not allow such a system. A person who do more or more valuable work (in their thinking) usually also want to benefit more than someone who do less or less valuable work. In their thinking you just want to steal their well earned money. It's just unfair for them. So why should they participate?

As I said before this is not a matter of mindset, workers will get more reward if the wealth is distributed, just wanting more reward it's a motivation to use it. Also only half of the people have that mindset you mentioned, the other half doesn't and they probably are the ones that will push it at the beginning.
About the mindset: If you work 8 hours and get the same money than someone who works 4 hours, then work 4 hours and spend the other 4 having fun, not all in life is working and getting reward, also it is very common that recreational activities produce wealth (true wealth, "work products"), also a lot of people gets fun creating knowledge and that creates true wealth.

• And if you think that no one would exploit such a system, you are very naive

Very powerful people will try to exploit or destroy a system like this, that is the interesting thing about crypto currencies, there is no way to hack them, if the right software developers evolves this idea and becomes as distributed and invulnerable as any other crypto-currency, then it can be made into a reality.
Hifemih

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 02:23:48 PM

I think it should be possible, it'll also help save our money
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: